Notices
Zs & Gs For Sale Looking to purchase a Z or a G? Check out our members' rides!

FS: Formula Drift ProAm 2005 Z33 - $12k OBO

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Deedilus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula Drift ProAm 2005 Z33 - $12k OBO

***Anybody SERIOUSLY interested in checking out the car in person can see it in action and get a ride in it this Saturday (August 10th) at Cupcake Meet in Corpus Christi, TX. We'll be doing a drift demo throughout the entire day, so I'll be there all day driving the car, so feel free to stop by and say hi and let me know that you're interested in buying/trading for the car or whatever.***

Considering I've made myself go broke and have discovered I'd rather be a normal car enthusiast for now and get back on my feet financially, I'm going to be selling my competition drift car.

The car has been consistently qualifying 6th - 9th all season long with no problems, and has pretty much exclusively gotten knocked out of the competitions by the cars that end up getting 1st or 2nd after very close battles that ultimately are usually lost by my own driver error considering this is my 2nd season tandeming. The motor / drive train is solid, suspension is solid, it just needs bodywork. If you'd like links to any build threads, let me know. There are plenty. The one I kept up with the most was my thread on Driftworks.

POSITIVES: This car is VERY competitive even as N/A, and everybody that has ever driven it absolutely loves it. Will Parsons loved how it drove, same with Aaron Losey. Slap some turbos on it and you'll be good for whatever you want to do with it. Suspension is good to go, motor is good to go, you could literally buy it and immediately go compete in it. I got all new gaskets above the head gaskets in the off season, checked everything and the motor is still looking great. I change the oil after every event, it never overheats, it's seriously a super reliable car. All last year I competed and daily drove it, apart from the whole no air conditioning thing it was perfect. Still have the carpets to throw back in if you were wanting to daily it or whatever, and I still have the A/C bracket, condenser, and two of the lines for it. While the exterior is rough, everything underneath and the frame is still completely straight.

NEGATIVES: It's a competitive drift car. It's loud, it gets hot inside without A/C and carpets. Passenger door speaker is blown, driver side one is still working but not super well. Biggest negative, the car needs quite a bit of exterior work. There are dents in both rear quarter panels from other cars' tires hitting them, the rear bumper needs to be repainted, front bumper needs to be repainted and needs some fiber glass work as of the last event. The bodywork is the biggest downfall of the car. Some of the dents could be repaired with a good ole hammer.

Hoping to get $12,000 or best offer, also open to trades. Trade offers I'll consider: R33, JZX, S14's, S15's (Not interested in stock or KA cars with no paint and emusa coilovers), any anything else cool. Want something RWD, planning on building a cool street car. I'd prefer an R33 because if it sells that's what I'll be getting anyway, but shoot me an offer. Worst I can say is no.

Contact me via cell phone for a quick response. (210) eight-six-three 7933

VIN: JN1AZ34005N610704
I believe this is the correct vin, all I have are crappy pictures I took when I needed to have it for a demo. The car is currently at my girlfriends parents ranch because the HOA at my parents place disliked the car and my trailer "taking up so much space" on the street (yet they don't say anything about some dude up the street leaving his god damn boat blocking visibility and half of the street on a hill AND a bend), but I'll be getting the car Friday for a demo out in Corpus Christi and I'll double check that this is the 100% correct vin.

Car weight: 3000lbs
Steering Angle: 41.something* of static lock
HP/TQ: ~260+whp, ~240tq (dyno tuned with different header setup at 255whp/235wtq)

Engine
  • JWT Popcharger Intake Filter
  • Z1 Motorsports Intake Tube
  • Motordyne 5/16" plenum spacer
  • Motordyne MREV2 lower plenum
  • VQ35DE RevUp fuel rail and injectors
  • PPE Longtube Headers
  • Megan Racing Y-pipe (the flex pipes are completely trashed, causing exhaust leak)
  • UpRev 1st Generation Oil Cooler with AN fittings
  • ExoticSpeed R1-T Exhaust (gutted the resonator)
  • Dyno tuned on UpRev by Uprev in Austin, TX (made 255whp/235tq with chinese tubular headers and test pipes, butt dyno says at least 260whp with longtubes)
  • KoyoRad aluminum radiator
  • Flex-a-lite 255 fans
  • Full Mishimoto coolant hoses
  • Oversized power steering cooler

Drivetrain
  • Exedy Stage 1 clutch
  • F1 Racing Lightweight flywheel
  • Welded differential (recently put motul diff fluid in, same with transmission)

Suspension