Notices
Zs & Gs For Sale Looking to purchase a Z or a G? Check out our members' rides!

FS: 2005 Grand Touring Roadster, 6MT, 42K Miles, Silver, Sun Valley, Idaho

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Wagoon2.7TT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Grand Touring Roadster, 6MT, 42K Miles, Silver, Sun Valley, Idaho

Hey all,

First, how messed up is it that my first true post is me putting my car up for sale?

The time has come for me to put my Z out for someone else to enjoy. Please have a look at the photos and take a few minutes to read the details below. Also, this is my first classified posting, so please don't hesitate to let me know how I could improve my ad, or if things are otherwise out of line. Thank you for looking!

Highlights:
- 2 owner vehicle. 1st owner was a former dealer detail technician and he kept the car in superb condition. I have done my best to maintain the car to his high standards.
- Mechanically completely stock.
- This is the Grand Touring trim, which contains all of the fancy bits (heated leather seats, factory "upgraded" Bose stereo, fantastic Brembo brakes, autodimming Homelink mirror, etc.). This car does not have navigation.
- The car is in fantastic condition. Interior - 9.5/10 Exterior - 8.5/10 Convertible top - 8.5/10.
- 42,000 miles, rounded up.
- Clean Idaho title in hand.
- All interior surfaces -plastics, leather, carpets, etc.- are in excellent shape.
- Convertible top elastic bands were just replaced with two OEM factory 97150-CE01B kits.

Modifications:
- No mechanical modifications.
- Replaced stock headunit with single DIN aftermarket JVC, model KD-R975BTS. The backlights are user programmable, and I have set the deck to match the rest of the cabin's orange lighting. All Bose system components remain, only the headunit was changed. A microphone is secured to the inside lid of the upper console for Bluetooth phone calls. I still have the stock 6 CD changer headunit, which will be included in the sale.
- Viper alarm with radar proximity sensor positioned to monitor the roof area. Works very well regardless of whether the top is up or down. A little too well, for my taste. The original owner installed this, and I haven't messed with it much. I usually leave the hidden hardwired switch in the off position and use the stock fob instead.

Cons:
- There is a dime sized dent just aft of the front passenger wheel. It is not "sharp". Looks to me like a door ding, I did my best to point it out in a photo.
- The wheels have some curb rash, specifically on the passenger front wheel. Please see the photos for detail.
- The accessory drive belt should be changed.
- The rear tires should be replaced soon. I elected not to replace these before listing the car, as I figured the new buyer would want to choose their own rubber. The front tires, General Exclaim UHPs, have lots of life left.
- The leading edges of the car have a few rockchips in the paint, consistent with normal driving.
- Scuff on passenger mirror.
- The light bulb under the driver's side window switch is burnt out. All other switches and dials illuminate properly.

Storage:
The car (and myself) are located in Sun Valley, Idaho, which receives many feet of snow and frequently experiences sub-zero temperatures in the winter. So, the Z goes into hibernation for the season. First, the car is professionally detailed inside and out. Then it goes into a heated garage where it lives under a breathable cover. The gas tank is completely full, and a bottle of Sta-Bil is added. All of the various places that critters can get into are plugged with rags (exhaust, intake, etc.). The tires are slightly over-inflated and placed on a couple of cardboard sheets to avoid flat spots. A couple of moisture absorbers are left in the cabin and in the trunk. Finally, the battery is removed from the car and hooked up to a trickle charger on an elevated shelf in the heated garage.

Included with sale:
- Nissan 350Z!
- All manuals and related literature.
- 3 keys. 2 standard keys and 1 valet key.
- 4 remote entry key fobs. 1 totally unused stock fob, 1 very lightly used stock fob, and 2 fobs for the aftermarket alarm. All in great condition.
- 1 steering wheel cover.
- 2 seat covers with "custom" memory foam inserts. (aka a $20 twin sized mattress pad that I cut up and stick under the seat covers on long drives. My butt tells me that they're a lifesaver for big trips.
- Z-branded passenger seatback storage caddy thing.
- Extra trunk floor mat and elastic hold-stuff-in-place net.
- Unused factory spare tire and wheel.
- Factory tool kit with all tools.
- Stock floor mats.
- Little extra floor mat that I place under the clutch pedal.
- Stock 6 CD changer headunit, removed, with all brackets and hardware.
- Silver circular mesh grill cover, uninstalled.
- Folder of paper maintenance records from both myself and the original owner.
- A digital file cataloguing every cent that I have spent on the car to date. This includes everything from fill-ups (MPG since last tank, octane -always premium, and non-ethanol if I could get it-, fuel brand, etc.) to bottles of leather conditioner. I also "backported" all of the previous owner's paper records into this file, creating a comprehensive digital history of the car.

Reason for sale:
I really, really like my Z, but unfortunately I just don't LOVE it. Loving a car has always been a self imposed requirement for me to keep one, especially a vehicle like a 350ZR. I'm going in search of the next thing to love, so the Z must be passed to a new passionate owner. The fact that the convertible top effectively makes it a 6-month car here, and that my "commute" is now 1.5 very bikable miles, are contributing factors as well.

Final thoughts:
I have no need to sell the car other than my desire to mix things up, so if it doesn't sell I may just keep the wonderful machine I am completely open to you running any car history
report (CARFAX, AutoCheck, etc.) that you desire. I am also open (and encourage you) to have the car inspected by an independent mechanic of your choice before signing papers. If you are interested, I HIGHLY recommend you come pick the car up in person and take a little road trip home. This part of Idaho is drop dead gorgeous this time of year, and we have tons of twisty, scenic canyon roads, perfect for getting to know your new Z! I hope that I have provided a comprehensive list of information here, but please don't hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have, or if you would like me to take photos of any particular part of the car. A PM here is the best way to get ahold of me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my novel of an ad, I again welcome any constructive criticism. Happy driving, everybody!