Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the specs for the Nismo Amuse 380rs Superleggera?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
A7X-Joker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the specs for the Nismo Amuse 380rs Superleggera?

I've been researching about this car and I have looked everywhere and cant find what the Hp is and the torque.The only site that has specs for it seem questionable.
{link1 link2 link3 } Now I know (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Superleggera is a modified Nismo FairladyZ 380rs, but I dont understand how they get 50 more hp out of it (regular 380rs has 350hp) with only a R1 Titan exhaust system. Even if headers were included that seems quite impossible. Most of these sites are saying that's the only thing that's been done to it.
Also I found the body kit for sale and its like $30,000. What the hell? How does this relate to the lamborghini superleggeras? From what ive found it is made by Ericsson and its the Amuse. Now is that the body kit only or the engine upgrades to? Sorry about all the questions but I cant find any facts that seem to match up to well. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by A7X-Joker; 12-04-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Your not searching hard enough or you have no clue how to search or you just did not want to search. All your questions have been answered on this forum. There is an entire thread on this exact car.

This car has absolutely no relation whatsoever to the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera or any other automobile that sports the "Superleggera" namesake as well. Superleggera simply means super light. Is just like someone adding "GT" behind the name of a car to stand for Gran Turismo, Grand Touring, whatever it may be.

Edit:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-in...r-leggera.html

Here is my post that links to a site with more details on the car:

https://my350z.com/forum/5455982-post155.html

Last edited by Kwame; 12-04-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Added links
Old 12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
A7X-Joker

I apologize, as I am fairly new to forums in general. That being said, there was no reason for you to be miserly about it. Also, both of your links were in Japanese. I assume that your poor grammar means that you are Japanese speaking, if so could you please translate for me. I'd like to know the specs as well as what modifications have been done to the standard 380RS to give the Amuse an additional 50 hp.

Last edited by A7X-Joker; 12-04-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:51 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by A7X-Joker
I apologize, as I am fairly new to forums in general. That being said, there was no reason for you to be miserly about it. Also, both of your links were in Japanese. I assume that your poor grammar means that you are Japanese speaking, if so could you please translate for me. I'd like to know the specs as well as what modifications have been done to the standard 380RS to give the Amuse an additional 50 hp.
Sorry, I am a full blooded American. I was born and raised in the United States.

I'll work on my midnight grammar if you'll work on your midnight laziness. I'm not sure how old you are and I wonder if you are new to the internet as a whole. I'm going to say that you probably haven't been living in a bubble for the last few years for the simple fact that you even know about this car at all. My point is, if you find it too much work for you to Google (I'm assuming you know what that is) the term "Japanese - English web page translator" then you will be helpless during your time spent on this forum and off this forum for that matter.

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=EN&ie=UTF-8

[/Thread]
Old 12-05-2008, 06:08 AM
MarvinMartian

Talking

Also, both of your links were in Japanese. I assume that your poor grammar means that you are Japanese speaking, if so could you please translate for me.

I've been researching about this car and I have looked everywhere and cant (can't?) find what the Hp is and the torque.The only site that has specs for it seem (seems? "site" is singular) questionable.
{link1 link2 link3 } Now I know (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Superleggera is a modified Nismo FairladyZ 380rs, but I dont (don't) understand how they get 50 more hp out of it (regular 380rs has 350hp) with only a (an) R1 Titan exhaust system. Even if headers were included that seems quite impossible. Most of these sites are saying that's the only thing that's been done to it.
Also I found the body kit for sale and its (it's) like $30,000. What the hell? How does this relate to the lamborghini superleggeras (Lamborghini Superleggeras)? From what ive (I've) found it is made by Ericsson and its (it's) the Amuse. Now is that the body kit only or the engine upgrades to (upgrades to what? Or did you mean "too"?)? Sorry about all the questions but I cant (can't) find any facts that seem to match up to well (match up to what? Oh, again, you meant "too"). Thank you for your help.
Glass houses.

Welcome to my350z.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Concave
Banned

e-nerds up in diz hizzle!!!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

The body kit is 30K because its made of Dry Carbon.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Also...

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
The body kit is 30K because its made of Dry Carbon.
once something is dry, it's dry. It's like if you died and I shot you. You're not going to die again, you're already dead. You can't over die. You can't over dry.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by VeNoM4urSouL
Well well well aren't you the pinnacle of intelligence? Born and raised in the United States you say? Wow that must mean you are really smart. I mean Americans only have a 73% literacy rate compared to almost 99% literacy rate in Japan. You would have done yourself a favor to claim ignorance to the language rather than ignorance in general. And perhaps you too should work on your 'midnight laziness' for if you had paid any attention you would have seen that the thread poster used google twice in his links. I also love how you tried oh so hard to sound more intelligent than your last post only to make yourself sound even more retarded than you already were. Also a translator cannot be a 'term' ********. Go back and get your GED, I'm tired of idiots like you bringing down the literacy statistics. Lastly, I don't know about everyone on this forum but I'd rather be hopeless on a forum than hopeless in real life.

I found something that I think you lost

Thanks for your contribution.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:18 PM
A7X-Joker

Originally Posted by VeNoM4urSouL
Well well well aren't you the pinnacle of intelligence? Born and raised in the United States you say? Wow that must mean you are really smart. I mean Americans only have a 73% literacy rate compared to almost 99% literacy rate in Japan. You would have done yourself a favor to claim ignorance to the language rather than ignorance in general. And perhaps you too should work on your 'midnight laziness' for if you had paid any attention you would have seen that the thread poster used google twice in his links. I also love how you tried oh so hard to sound more intelligent than your last post only to make yourself sound even more retarded than you already were. Also a translator cannot be a 'term' ********. Go back and get your GED, I'm tired of idiots like you bringing down the literacy statistics. Lastly, I don't know about everyone on this forum but I'd rather be hopeless on a forum than hopeless in real life.

Post Script: I checked out the links you included and they were less than helpful. Good job putting on the translator though, I'm sure that took you what, 3 minutes to find out how to do it on Google, and 2 minutes to see if it really worked.

I found something that I think you lost
Lol hahahahahahahaha OMG my sides hurt.......hold on hahahahahahahahahahahahah....................I couldn't have worded it better myself. lol thank you VeNoM.
here have another Kwame or whatever your user name is
Old 12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car does not have 400hp, it has 386hp - and this is at the crank. The gains they achieved over and above what the stock 380rs puts out are due to the reflashed ecu, the headers, the full exhaust. 36 hp at the crank is certainly not uncommon for these mods on even the VQ35DE, and certainly well within the realm of achievement on a larger displacement motor such as the RS model uses.

Torque wise a std 380rs is rated by Nissan at 292 ft lbs (again, at the crank), the Amuse car has 310 ft lbs (again, at the crank) according to the limited info I have

The bodykit itself comes in either dry carbon or fiberglass. The pricing of each version of the kit (carbon or fiberglass) are exclusive to the exhaust/flash/headers - those mods are offered separately.

Amuse is the manufacturer. Ericsson is a brand under the Amuse banner that makes parts for European cars, most notably the new M3. Ericsson as a "brand" has nothing to do with this car, though the BBS wheels it uses are actually spec'd for a BMW. They did this because the wheel is not made in an appropriate spec for the Z. Amuse used adapters to allow them to bolt to the Z hubs

Superleggera itself has nothing to do with Lamborghini. It's not a Laborghini "exclusive" name or anything. Lamborghini certainly wasn't the first to use this term - though they may now be the best known in terms of "modern" times. It's simply a marketing term. In it's literal definition, it means "Super Light". However, in reality it was a term used to define a specific manufacturing process from many decades ago. Neither the Lamborghini model of today nor the Amuse model even use this specific process, but they do carry on the "Super Light" tradition that this process introduced, and as such, for marketing purposes, both firms (as well as others) use the term. Both the Lamborghini, and the Amuse, are lightened versions of existing platforms, so the name is appropriate. It's akin to Porsche (and Nissan, and many others over the years) using "RS", or "GT" or "SE", or just about any other suffix one can think of.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 12-05-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:34 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by dave079
LOL at noobs
Appears as if they are banding together to strengthen their attacks...
Old 12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
We're entering an e-war???
Old 12-05-2008, 06:15 PM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by dave079
yes noobs vs. vets
Cool.

"When you're a Vet,
You're a Vet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day . . . "

Old 12-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Finkle is Einhorn
Old 12-06-2008, 09:08 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

lol you tell him kwame!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

HAHA, I knew from the title of this thread that it was going to be a bad one!!

GL with you super, super baller status kit.

Quick Reply: What are the specs for the Nismo Amuse 380rs Superleggera?