Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why aren't we Scared?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 03:28 PM
axxizzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why aren't we Scared?

I just picked up the latest Motortrend to read the article about the Trailblazer SS. The effing SUV is faster stock, than our Zs, not to mention it is the same price, and can seat 5, carry a bunch of crap, and did I mention will respond easier to mods?

What the hell is Nissan going to do about this? Why do we own Zs if we can get a BETTER vehicle for the same price? Sure, the Z is sexy as hell, but damn, how many times have you had to borrow a buddy's truck, or rent your own, or just OWN another? Now you can do anything you could do In a Z, in something that can tow a trailer.

The Z is kind of dying! The WRX is getting faster, the Corvette is MUCH faster for just a tad more money, the M3 is getting faster, Porsches are getting faster, THE EFFING EVO, STi, Lotus, etc

I seriously cant think of one car the Z will beat as a sports car V sports car!

It must be a dying breed, the Z. For the next generation, its getting heavier, more cushy, SLOWER, and there isnt a damn thing we, the owners/consumers can do about it.

Discuss
Old 10-09-2005, 03:33 PM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There IS something we can do about it, and I am doing it next time I look for a new sports car: buy something else.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:34 PM
axxizzer

good choice. And I forgot to add:

Chrysler 300C SRT-8
Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Carry more people, more stuff, just as fast/faster, same price

sorry: SRT-4 with few mods too

AUGH,

And the Faster Cheaper Mustang GT

Last edited by axxizzer; 10-09-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:39 PM
pbsteve09

i suppose if you love your Z that much..and hate all the rest of the makes, you just gotta mod the hell out of it
Old 10-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Adibese

i dunno... I beat a wrx yesterday easy at 130 mph. Acceleration was pretty equal until 100. I've beat gtr's, A4's etc etc. The cornering ability in the Z is amazing, it's sexy and it easily reaches 150 mph without struggle. I love it man. Although ski season is coming soon, and I now have to get rides to the mountain instead of driving. But hey, if you want a truck.... by all means, get one. It is a truck, though.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:44 PM
SekZee

OMG! PANIC!!

how many SUVs out there with the same price tag and faster then a Z? Listen... you dont like the car, you like that new SUV...go trade your car for one, whats the problem? if its faster then a Z...its as fast as a stock M3, STI or EVO (or almost as fast)

Hey!! The owners of these cars (including Z owners) lets get together one day, go and get the damn Trailblazer!!! Your cars are dying, just coz a freakin SUV with a few mods can beat you!!

But you know...im not gonna do it. I bought a Z, simply because I like the Z, I like every freakin thing about it, a 287 hp engine, tire feathering, rattles...But I love it and Im not going to panic everytime some quick SUV from GM comes out.

I think you are a little underestimating our cars...
Old 10-09-2005, 03:48 PM
pstyle

the grass is always greener...
Old 10-09-2005, 03:49 PM
axxizzer

the thing is, all the stuff you just mentioned can be done better, faster, cheaper, or more practically.

Beating a WRX is no biggie, but imagine the fact that the WRX costs a few thousand less, and with 1K in mods, will spank any more expensive Z. GTRs...Skyline GTRs? What? explain that one, but and A4 is a little POS bottom-barrel Audi. Good job beating that car that doesnt even try to be sporty.

And the cornering ability of the Z is pretty...humdrum. It still oversteers, and is heavy, and has ****ty tires and wheels... Not to mention that the engine is pretty much a comy/paste from EVERYTHING else in the damn Nissan lineup.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:49 PM
azjimbo

When are you guys going to realize that speed is not the cure all for everything. The Z has always been a sports car for the masses. It offers styling, performance, decent gas mileage, 6 cylinders, good handling for a very competitive price. The Vette is a 55k chevy, the WRX is a souped up econobox, M3's are 55-60K, a new Boxster S will run over 60K loaded. So stop the whining are just enjoy the car for what it is not what you want it to be.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:51 PM
thrill350z

a used 350z was the best I could afford. I love the look of the car and that's the biggest reason why I got it. I love power but when do I really get to turn it loose? cars and technology will continue to get better. I'm happy with my z
Old 10-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're Chevy's and Fords ... I'm not worried. I didn't buy the fasted car - I could have got the Pontac GTO for 10G less with 100 HP more ... and it's butt ugly. I hope this isn't a news flash but the Z isn't the fastest car out there!

I test drove the Audi TT, Corvette, Porsche Carrera, and Boxster S. Plenty of others I didn't even bother to drive.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:56 PM
axxizzer

Originally Posted by SekZee
OMG! PANIC!!

how many SUVs out there with the same price tag and faster then a Z? Listen... you dont like the car, you like that new SUV...go trade your car for one, whats the problem? if its faster then a Z...its as fast as a stock M3, STI or EVO (or almost as fast)

Hey!! The owners of these cars (including Z owners) lets get together one day, go and get the damn Trailblazer!!! Your cars are dying, just coz a freakin SUV with a few mods can beat you!!

But you know...im not gonna do it. I bought a Z, simply because I like the Z, I like every freakin thing about it, a 287 hp engine, tire feathering, rattles...But I love it and Im not going to panic everytime some quick SUV from GM comes out.

I think you are a little underestimating our cars...

How am I underestimating things? It may seem a little SKY IS FALLING, but look at it, seriously look at it. What does the Z compete against? Come on? What does it compete against? What does it WIN against?

I think that pondering on that will keep you up at night....

or not, but do think about it
Old 10-09-2005, 03:56 PM
lightner22

I take it no one cares about handling? Straight line speed is only part of it and I doubt that SUV won't tip over trying to keep up with the Z.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:58 PM
tmb

Default So don't own a Sports Car

Originally Posted by axxizzer
I just picked up the latest Motortrend to read the article about the Trailblazer SS. The effing SUV is faster stock, than our Zs, not to mention it is the same price, and can seat 5, carry a bunch of crap, and did I mention will respond easier to mods?

What the hell is Nissan going to do about this?
Discuss
I fail to see your point. There are a number of SUV's that fit your description so if all you wanted was a car that is really fast from zero to 60,holds a lot of stuff and you don't care what heppens when you encounter a curve then you should not be driving a Sports Car.

Buy the 400 HP GTO or the 6 Liter Hemi Dodge Charger if you want fast.

Why should Nissan do anything? You are comparing apples to quacamole.

Heck, I can buy that SRT SUV from Dodge with a 500 horsepower engine that goes about 150mph and can get to 60 in around 5 seconds but SO WHAT.
It is not a Sports Car

I have my GMC Canyon P/U to use for hauling my boat or whatever and the Z gets to stay in showroom shape.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:05 PM
SekZee

Originally Posted by axxizzer
How am I underestimating things? It may seem a little SKY IS FALLING, but look at it, seriously look at it. What does the Z compete against? Come on? What does it compete against? What does it WIN against?

I think that pondering on that will keep you up at night....

or not, but do think about it
what does porsche boxter compete with? its ugly, slower and more expensive then a Z...but ppl still buy it! I really didnt compare a Z with anything when I bought it, I just thought that its a great power/look/price ratio car and with a few mods its very quick...I really dont care what it wins or looses against... I love the car, I just began modding it and will continue to do that for the next 2-3 years.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:06 PM
axxizzer

Originally Posted by azjimbo
When are you guys going to realize that speed is not the cure all for everything. The Z has always been a sports car for the masses. It offers styling, performance, decent gas mileage, 6 cylinders, good handling for a very competitive price. The Vette is a 55k chevy, the WRX is a souped up econobox, M3's are 55-60K, a new Boxster S will run over 60K loaded. So stop the whining are just enjoy the car for what it is not what you want it to be.

So basically what youre saying is that you will settle for a Z because you like the history, and the GAS MILEAGE??
Old 10-09-2005, 04:13 PM
hypeiv

I can admit that the Z is fast enough for me... even stock. I know all the FI guys say how slow the stock Z is and for them I bet it is, however I rarely find myself at WOT anyway so I really don't think I need a faster car. I never go to the 1/4 mile track and I don't go around looking for street races (esp not against SUV's).

If you wanted to buy the car with the fastest straight line speed for the best price you wouldn't have gotten a Z in the first place so you shouldn't freak out when faster cars come out.

When I picked the Z over the other cars I was looking at I didn't even look at 1/4 mile times. I test drove all the cars I was interested in and I picked the one I liked the most. I had no idea people were getting stock Z's into the low 14's high 13's till about a week after I bought the car.

Last edited by hypeiv; 10-09-2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:15 PM
SekZee

I was just reading about a 2006 carrera 4... nice car, expensive... 0-60 in 5.0 seconds... and a Z is like..5.1-5.2? hmm.. I think a Z wins here... at least it wins for someone who's in their 20s, still going to school, while working full time and can afford a 30k car...
Old 10-09-2005, 04:17 PM
lax91181

Dude sell your z and get off the board. We like our Z's. Go and buy any car you can think of and I will find one better. I bet you anything that in 5 years my Z will be faster than any trailblazer you buy today because my car will still run in 5 years and that american piece of crap won't be.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:17 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol I promise you if i had a stock Z i would slaughter that car.... They rated the magnum at 14.1 aaaaa i ran a 13.7 stock OEM!!!! ITs all about driving the Z is fast as hell. And if your forgetting the Z is faster than any other oem v-6 car in the US!!!!
Those SS stats are so inflated ITS BS. Plus do you want a soccer mom car or a car that turns heads where ever you go?
You make the choice
SHIFT_ Z
OH and i ALMOST FORGOT I BEAT A VIPER TODAY... I AM NOT SACRED I thought that was a monster V-8 should i be scared now!!! Oh wait my V-6 beat it!!!!
THis thread is a JOKE, when i was bolt on I never lost to a stage 1 with all bolt ons and all other srt crap. If you read the forums, you will learn with a couple of bolt ons and driving lessons you will run 13.1 OOOO now wheres the srt's at and the Ss, THEY ARE LOOKING AT OUR FINE REAR ENDS.
13.1= ALberto lol great run
+1 if you want it so bad, sell your Z and leave the forums

Last edited by D350Z10; 10-09-2005 at 04:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Why aren't we Scared?