Sponsored by:

Alignment Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Kris T.b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Question

Quick Question...
i have a 2008 Z i bought it 4 years ago, the final countdown for payments is almost done, so ill be able to fix her up some more...

My question because it was an accident and i noticed this a long time ago.

example: left side of the car the rims/wheel are basically flush with the fenders. im pretty wide in the back at 275/35/18 10.5inch wide.

on the right side of the car both the front and back are missing...give or take an inch for the rims to be flush with the fenders. the front wasnt the part that was in accident just the rear on one side.

i was wondering could it be the Frame that is not aligned, cause its the same thing front and back?

and how would i check this?i can post pictures up tommorow to be a little more clear...

im not really show how to explain it
Old 08-15-2016, 04:39 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

What are you asking? Why one side sits flush with your fenders and the other side sits an inch in?

What wheels are on the car? Maybe some moron put your front wheels on one side and your back wheels on the other... Maybe someone worked on one side and removed spacers and one side has spacers and the other doesn't...

I would like to give you the benefit of the dowt that you know a little bit about cars and such but after reading that question it could be something dumb like that...

Anyways the car doesnt have a real frame.. It has a subframe that is bolted on, and the suspension is then bolted onto the subframe... If something wasn't straight you would hopefully be able to notice relatively quickly.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Kris T.b

no the wheels are fine i put them on and there is no spacers either..

i guess my question im trying to find is that why is one side flush and the other in inch out/in... could it be the unibody that wasnt aligned properly and or centerd?

The driving is 100% ok, they only thing you notice...well i notice is that its not equal on both side... i was thinking maybe the subframe wasnt done properly, cause im pretty sure they can align that.

Its like the guys ho "fixed" it had put "as example" the axle more to one side instead of making it center...

hard to explain lol, making me look like i know nothing lol... but this is the only thing i dont have any knowledge on

Last edited by Kris T.b; 08-15-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:21 PM
venture210

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

An alignment doesn't have a ton of complicated parts on our cars. As long as your on stock suspension, you simply adjust the tie rods to toe in or toe out as necessary. For the rear, theres the control arm with the spring seat and a camber arm. Adjusting either will usually require the other to be also adjusted. Assuming the issue is exactly as you describe (one side wheels flush, other side wheels 'sunk in') then that could be any number of things. The worst being serious frame damage. The simplest being your rear wheels are on one side of the car and your fronts on the other side. You probably won't get too much help without a bunch of pics. Pics of each side of the car, suspension components, wheel hubs, that would be a decent start. Sometimes you just have to start taking things apart to find out why everything is the way it is. In your case, look for differences in symmetry between the left and right componets. Good luck bud
Old 08-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Kris T.b

thanks, ill take some pictures when i have the time