Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear differential dried oil stains

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 04:20 AM
Baters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Take a picture of the bushing and post it up... It could be that someone tried to fill the differential through the vent tube and just over filled the **** out of it... I dont think the rear diff bushing has that much fluid in it, I could be wrong though. Mine didnt have any fluid in it when I cut it out of my subframe.
How concerned should I be if that's the case? I'm assuming there's a correct way to fill the diff and it ain't thru the vent tube....?

(BTW the clutch is completely toast so gonna be interesting trying to back it onto a pair of tire ramps without power to get a better view of it =p)
Old 11-16-2016, 05:03 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

I can't see someone trying to fill it from the vent tube. You would have to be a complete moron to do that and it is so difficult to get your hand up there anyways when the diff is on the car. I'm still voting bushing fluid.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:10 AM
rizeld

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Baters
How concerned should I be if that's the case? I'm assuming there's a correct way to fill the diff and it ain't thru the vent tube....?

(BTW the clutch is completely toast so gonna be interesting trying to back it onto a pair of tire ramps without power to get a better view of it =p)
Jack and stands? Are you planning on doing any mechanical repairs yourself?
Old 11-16-2016, 05:14 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

just lay on the ground to look at it