Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer parking brake bypass

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:10 PM
mnd7775

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer parking brake bypass

So I installed my Pioneer avh8500 and everything seems to be working correctly except the video and pandora. I have an android phone and did not purchase the AppRadio hookup. Basically the pandora icon is grayed out and when I went to test a dvd, nothing but sound played with a warning that said viewing of video is strictly prohibited in the front blah blah blah. I did ground the long green wire for the parking brake switch sensing as was explained in a couple of How-tos on this website, and did not use any sort of a bypass circuit. Here is what I think is happening. The stereo sees that the green wire is making the connection instantaneously with its ground. I'm not sure if adding a delay circuit, or just a switch would fix this problem. What ways have you guys fooled the parking brake circuit? Does the pandora issues have anything to do with the video issue? Thanks for reading.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:27 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought one of these from Amazon.

Worked exactly as advertised.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...g+%2Caps%2C221
Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM
mnd7775

Well, after digging a bit more into it here is what I found out. The Micro bypass switch will work, but its a $20 dollar solution. All it is is just a tiny relay that with the remote on signal either kills the connection from light green wire to ground or make it(not sure which one). Could be done with any sort of 12V relay ($5 bucks at radio shack) or even as simple as a single pole switch. The Pandora issue, I'm 99% sure is separate. Just need another chord sold separately for Pioneer which will allow you to control the app from the HU. You can still listen to Pandora through bluetooth and control it on your phone. Any way, moral of the story, you can't just ground the light green wire and expect the video to work. Will try the switch tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 PM
rebelscum

Originally Posted by mnd7775
Well, after digging a bit more into it here is what I found out. The Micro bypass switch will work, but its a $20 dollar solution. All it is is just a tiny relay that with the remote on signal either kills the connection from light green wire to ground or make it(not sure which one). Could be done with any sort of 12V relay ($5 bucks at radio shack) or even as simple as a single pole switch. The Pandora issue, I'm 99% sure is separate. Just need another chord sold separately for Pioneer which will allow you to control the app from the HU. You can still listen to Pandora through bluetooth and control it on your phone. Any way, moral of the story, you can't just ground the light green wire and expect the video to work. Will try the switch tomorrow.
For the Pandora thing go into your settings and change the Pandora mode from "wired" to "bluetooth".... Then the Pandora mode will work onscreen with control and album art
Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 AM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't read everything, just skimmed.

The new Pioneers need to be grounded twice to unlock video. Set the brake, release it, then reset it.

So a switch/relay will not work because it only does it once.

I used the $20 bypass thing and it works every time. I've never had a problem with my 8500.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:15 PM
mcubed45

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 92K1500
I didn't read everything, just skimmed.

The new Pioneers need to be grounded twice to unlock video. Set the brake, release it, then reset it.

So a switch/relay will not work because it only does it once.

I used the $20 bypass thing and it works every time. I've never had a problem with my 8500.
you could still use a switch. you'd just have to flip it twice :P

the bypass module seems worth not having to deal with the hassle.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:20 PM
nate16

I have the avh8500bhs and I even emailed Pioneer and got into a fight with them over the Pandora over bluetooth for android... It seems that there is no option in the 8500 to change the pandora mode from wired to bluetooth even though it says on their website it should be possible... I've only been able to make the pandora app work via USB... Let me know if you figure it out