Notices

Parking Light Wire

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 12:34 PM
rottingcat

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Parking Light Wire

Hey all, I am trying to retrofit an illuminated ignition piece from the HR models. I have it all nice and snug, my problem is the wiring.

I want to it to turn on when I turn on my parking light/head light switch. I found the wire near at driver kick panel and tried to splice into it, but it didn't work. As I was taking it off the wire split. I was curious to see if I even had the right wire so I turned on my parking lights and headlights but they still turned on!

Since the red/blue parking light wire is now split shouldnt the parking lights be unable to turn on?
Is there another area of the parking light wire that is easier to splice into?
Old 03-10-2016, 10:50 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

If you are going to get into electronics in your car you need to buy a test light. Very cheap. You should be able to tap into it in the trunk area. That wire receives power when you turn on the parking light. Very easy to check. As for the spliced wire you would soon find out what it is if something stops working. I suggest you connect it back together
Old 03-10-2016, 11:16 AM
rottingcat

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by beezee
If you are going to get into electronics in your car you need to buy a test light. Very cheap. You should be able to tap into it in the trunk area. That wire receives power when you turn on the parking light. Very easy to check. As for the spliced wire you would soon find out what it is if something stops working. I suggest you connect it back together
Hey thanks for the reply. I will buy a test light I will be doing more of this and I wanna avoid cutting more wires...
One last question
Do you know if I can splice into the radio illumination wire?
Old 03-10-2016, 03:54 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

The parking light can be on without the radio illustration being on.
If you strictly want those lights you are installing to be on every time the parking light is on don't use the radio illumination. The wires going to the rear parking light is easier to access.