Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

(2004 350z) Driver Side Seat Doesn't Recline

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Kaiser Kim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (2004 350z) Driver Side Seat Doesn't Recline

Just got a 350z earlier this week and dropped it at a dealership to fix the small things that aren't working in the vehicle.

Anyways - The driver seat does not recline forward or back, so the seat is currently stuck all the way back. It's not safe the drive the vehicle as I have to force myself to sit upright, and in the case I get in an accident, my back would probably get slammed back.

I'm having trouble finding the replacement motor for sale ANYWHERE. More so, the dealership is saying it'll cost $1k or so to replace the seat motor brand new (along with costs for labor...)

Where can I find a driver side reclining motor for my car? I was unable to find any on eBay, only found passenger side motors or driver side motors for newer 350z's. I don't want to spend $1k to allow my seat to recline...

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Side note: I'm buying the Pioneer Appradio 4, and I already purchased the Double Din wiring harness compatible with my car - how hard is it to install into my car? I see they have a GPS and a microphone unit, where would I mount those on the car to hide wires but also be able to be usable?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:09 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,305 Likes on 905 Posts

First off, you're trying to buy parts for a car that's been out-of-production for quite some time. You can either buy parts from the dealer and pay full boat, or look on CL, local salvage yards or classifieds on boards like this for a significant discount. Power seat parts are particularly hard to find- you might be better off buying an entire seat locally. Shipping one will kill any discount you might find and you'll find most of us selling parts won't want to tear one apart to get you just the motor.

Last edited by dkmura; 02-24-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:11 PM
Kaiser Kim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
First off, you're trying to buy parts for a car that's been out-of-production for quite some time. You can either buy parts from the dealer and pay full boat, or look on CL, local salvage yards or classifieds on boards like this for a significant discount. Power seat parts are particular hard to find- you might be better off buying an entire seat locally. Shipping one will kill any discount you might find and you'll find most of us selling parts won't want to tear one apart to get you just the motor.
Thanks! Looked around junk yards (called them), none have junked 350's. Also searched on CL and there's no parts for sale or any junked cars at the moment.

I think I found the motor I need on eBay though, I'll call the dealership and confirm if the motor part I found on eBay is correct - they're asking $170.00 for it.