Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

I'm a father...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 01:05 PM
Ozzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a father...

Yep after 6 months wait, my child has been born and delivered...
Here are my impressions (it seems this is what everyone must do when they first get their car)...

Looks - awesome - classy and mean - better than in the photos, I was pleasantly surprised

Colour (Le Mans) - I was a bit disappointed at first - picked it up when the sun was pretty dim - but in all other lights - bright sun, sunset, artificial light, nighttime, it looks great...

Power - feels probably just a bit slower than I expected but the engine is great, the delivery is so smooth and linear, and after 100km/hr the acceleration is much better...

Manual - nice. Short throws, firm but easy to find the grooves (apart from the first time I tried to put into reverse and put it into 6th instead, stalled it - doh! Have to push the **** down first!!!)

Drive - Firm but not rouch, small turning circle, seemed to have very good handling but for my first weekend I didn't throw it around or even turn VDC off... car very flat when turning

Interior - Pleasantly surprised. Plasticy, yes (but who said plastic is bad?) - lots of little details which can't help but put a smile on your face.

Bose - have heard soooooo many bad things about it, but its really pretty good (not that ive ever had anything but a stock system) - its good at low sounds and maximum is quite loud, with a bit of distortion.

Seats - nice and comfy... personally I think electronice adjustment is a bit of a **** tho

Vision - Rear view is ok, its not big but its not restrictive. Rear sides - eeeek! There's nothing there but darkness! I have had to rely on my mirrors a lot more than I've had to in the past and it freaks me out... Reversing into some spots will be VERY tricky and I haven't had the courage to parallel park yet...

Attention - plenty - much head swivelling especially when I took it down to Melbourne's car show-off lane (Chapel Street). I think mine may have been the first one there. All ages and sexes look - but it seems to get the most attention from small children!!!! They think its a spaceship or something

Negatives - small door ding on passenger side already!! doh!!! Seems to be some grease streaks on the drivers window, could probably use a bit more power under 100km/hr (although I obviously couldn't rev it to the peak power/torque bands). Breaks squeaking with gentle decceleration but I think this will go away soon? Blind spots!?!?

Well to conclude I have to say i'm very happy, it was the looks that won me over in the end (as I said, looks GREAT in person and I have seen very few cars which looked as good). I'll give it a 9.25 / 10
Old 02-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Z350Lover

Congrats man.... I think you might be the first one to pick up the car on this forum!!! really cannot wait to get mine... hahaha...

All the best to your car mate!

cheers,

richie
Old 02-09-2003, 01:55 PM
ZZZ-35

Congratuations!! I've been waiting for someone to post there first impressions, sound fantastic.

Should be only 9 more Z's (sleeps) before I'll now myself God I wish it was tomrrow.

Whats the general feelback feel through the steering wheel and does the exhaust sound as good as they say.

Try bedding in the brakes by several firm applications at 60 then 70, don't be to soft all that will do is glaze up the pads.

Happy Zeding
Old 02-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Ozzie

The steering is nice. Steering wheel itself is small and thick and feels very comfortable, the feedback is good. Exhaust note is OK... BUT they say the best part of the note comes after 4k so I haven't really been able to test it out properly.

I have to say as soon as you sit in it you do feel that it was made for you - I've never gotten into a new car before and just felt that I've been driving it for years...
Old 02-09-2003, 04:31 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new addition.

BTW what is the build/comply date ? 02/03 or 03/03

Cheers,
Old 02-09-2003, 11:12 PM
bev

Congratuations Ozzie!
Thanks for your opinions so far.
When you get the chance take a photo and post it.

Enjoy!
Bev
Old 02-10-2003, 03:18 AM
malcolm

You are definately one of the first in Australia. Well done!!!!

I also got to drive one today, thanks to my dealer who let me drive the demo model. My observations:-

Unfortunately (IMO) the demo model was an auto, which is is not my preference. I agree with you, in that my first impression was that I expected it to be quicker. It does not "feel" fast although all of the stats confirm that it is. That is probably a good thing.

It felt a little "heavy", although that probably could be described as solid. The suspension feels very firm.

The exhaust sound was disappointing at low revs. It is going to be very difficult to keep it under 4000rpm during the run-in period as it gets there quickly.

The Bose sound fine, which was a concern of mine.

Six more weeks for me, until my big day.

It is definately a head turner and an absilutely stunning looker.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Zdster

Congratulations Ozzie on the new car!

Sounds like you are really happy with your new addition (as am I).

Hope to see your Z on the road when I am cruising around.

Zdster