Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

ISC N1 Coilover review

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:01 AM
morphiusrt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
So fake lips and replica wheels are worse then generic china coilovers, let me guess why. Because they can be seen, pay for quality that people can see, everything else is dollar menu crap.

I couldn't resist.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 AM
nismo4life11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again thats 110% your opinion terrasmak, and its not bargain crap its actually a nice setup that hasnt caused me headaches. Crap is when it leaks, rusts etc in under a year. And yet again your attacking me for my opinion? Glad the rest of the world is not like most of you guys we all would be a pretty miserable because everyone would have the same setup. Again I'd rather have sick wheels than suspension that cost $8k because I'm NOT racing doing autox drifting etc etc I'm just showing (even though morphis has been doing it with this suspension with no issues). As for all the bargain crap statement I guess ARK, SPC, Work, Pioneer, JWT, and EBC are all just china crap to? All your doing is showing your ignorance by not being able to except other opinions and attacking them on a online forum so what ever.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:33 AM
nismo4life11

Time for update still no issues to date with about 5k miles on them. I ended up modifying the front coils to go lower by cutting some threads off the lower mounting fork where it screws into the body adjuster that screws onto the shock body and screwing the adjuster in further. Also took out the rear spring adjustment collar and cut down the spring mount till there was about a 1/4"-1/2" left. Also went to 2 clicks from full stiff on all 4 shocks and they are still fairly forgiving but definitely did tighten them up. Now modifying them to run Universal aero sport bags (remove the springs from coil over strut and replace with these bags) on the front and removing the rear spring and replacing them with bag rider 350z rear cup brackets and air lift d2500 bags.

Here is a picture of how it is sitting now (my wheel specs are now 18x9.5 -3 up front and 18x10.5 -10 rear with my 15mm spacers). Pictures and how to go bag over coil article coming soon...
Attached Thumbnails ISC N1 Coilover review-img_2150.jpg  

Last edited by nismo4life11; 09-27-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 AM
STL 350Z

Love that red top... an 06+ bumper would really set the car off.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Zoren 370

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISC

Originally Posted by nismo4life11
Well I've had these about two weeks on my ZR and figured it was about time for a review. All I have to say is WOW these are an amazing coil over for the price ($950 intro price with free shipping through AJW Performance in the vendor section). They only come in the OEM style but are a mono tube design with 32 way adjustable dampening and come in two different valving/spring options. They come in Street/Sport with 12k front springs and 9.9K rear springs and Racing/Drift with 14k front springs and 9.9k rear springs. I went ahead and bought the street/sport. During install only had two things worth noting they do NOT come with the rear strut bottom mounting nut and they do NOT have the mounting locations for abs/brake lines on front coils but no biggie though just zip tied the lines up front and went down and bought new bolts and nuts for mounting the rear shocks. Another thing worth noting is they do NOT come with extenders for the dampening adjustment in the rear but do use a 3mm allen key adjuster so I’m sure some other brands extenders will work. As for drop I'm not sure how much it dropped but it is on the ground, I also took out the rear spring mount rubber cone in the rear because it didn’t get as low as I wanted with it in. As for ride and comfort they are AMAZING, again I’m completely slammed and have a stock ride no bouncy rice ride or harsh race car ride. My dampers are all set at 16 clicks from soft. Another nice thing about these coils is they are rebuildable and the rebuilds are done up in Massachusetts for $65 per side (they also have a 1 year warranty)!! So far I have had no abnormal noises but I will let you guys know if any show up. Feel free to PM me if you guys have any questions.

Finally here is a picture of them on my ZR (without rear spring mount cone) and a picture of what you receive in the box.
Hi just purchased the ISC but im having problems with the ride it bounces alot and stiff i got it set at max soft. But i used the spring rubber cone. You mentioned you did not use yours. Isn't that metal on metal contact and caused unwanted noise from the rear? Btw i drive a 370z
I hear some loud thudding sound from the rear when running into uneven roads not even driving fast. Please help.

Last edited by Zoren 370; 08-17-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Boojeyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't trust replacing the rear shock nuts it doesn't seem ok to do. I have a g37 coupe and there's a lot of play when it's on it's about an eighth of an inch too wide. Where did you get the hardware to replace it and have it run properly with no problems?

Old 01-21-2016, 03:17 PM
Underscore_Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just need to know, what's the minimum drop for the ISC coilovers?

Want to run these as a daily, and don't want too much of a drop, maybe .5-1" lower.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:13 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Underscore_Hero
Just need to know, what's the minimum drop for the ISC coilovers?

Want to run these as a daily, and don't want too much of a drop, maybe .5-1" lower.

http://iscsuspension-na.com/store/#!...egory=12617079

seems they say most can achieve 3" of drop
so 1 " should be no problem

though i never used these
Old 10-14-2016, 06:34 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

so I wanted to give my opinion on these coilovers. bought these used from a member here. after owning stance and bc br I would say these are on par with stance in terms of quality. these are much better than bc. they are heavier and springs are beefier. the metals seem better. my only gripe is the clicker design for damper adjustment. two of my clickers were broken on arrival and I'll have to purchase two new ones. could be possible and not isc fault. I do like the fact that replacement cartridge can be had cheaper than BC. will update once I do some road testing.

Last edited by nizmo_0385; 10-14-2016 at 06:36 PM.