Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

ISC N1 Coilover review

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:07 AM
nismo4life11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up ISC N1 Coilover review

Well I've had these about two weeks on my ZR and figured it was about time for a review. All I have to say is WOW these are an amazing coil over for the price ($950 intro price with free shipping through AJW Performance in the vendor section). They only come in the OEM style but are a mono tube design with 32 way adjustable dampening and come in two different valving/spring options. They come in Street/Sport with 12k front springs and 9.9K rear springs and Racing/Drift with 14k front springs and 9.9k rear springs. I went ahead and bought the street/sport. During install only had two things worth noting they do NOT come with the rear strut bottom mounting nut and they do NOT have the mounting locations for abs/brake lines on front coils but no biggie though just zip tied the lines up front and went down and bought new bolts and nuts for mounting the rear shocks. Another thing worth noting is they do NOT come with extenders for the dampening adjustment in the rear but do use a 3mm allen key adjuster so I’m sure some other brands extenders will work. As for drop I'm not sure how much it dropped but it is on the ground, I also took out the rear spring mount rubber cone in the rear because it didn’t get as low as I wanted with it in. As for ride and comfort they are AMAZING, again I’m completely slammed and have a stock ride no bouncy rice ride or harsh race car ride. My dampers are all set at 16 clicks from soft. Another nice thing about these coils is they are rebuildable and the rebuilds are done up in Massachusetts for $65 per side (they also have a 1 year warranty)!! So far I have had no abnormal noises but I will let you guys know if any show up. Feel free to PM me if you guys have any questions.

Finally here is a picture of them on my ZR (without rear spring mount cone) and a picture of what you receive in the box.
Attached Thumbnails ISC N1 Coilover review-ghjdghjdgh.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by nismo4life11; 10-25-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:34 AM
AJW Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the review Josh!

2 things, In the future rear extenders from ISC will be available, BC's will work for those of you who need to have it. The other, all sets coming out after this initial run will have brake line mounts so you will not need to ziptie them up.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

They look exactly like the typical BC, Megan and everybody else coilover.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
10-E-C-350Z

I don't know if removing that rubber ice cream cone for the rear springs altogether is something I would have done. You didn't just try cutting it a bit shorter first? Seems kinda drastic...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:04 AM
nismo4life11

Not sure since I've never had or have seen bc or megan racing in person but I am very happy with them thus far, and I dont remember ever seeing bc or megan doing rebuilds let alone rebuilds in New England which is where im from. I'll gladly drive them up to Mass for a rebuild for $65 per side. As for the cone I wanted the most dramatic stance I could get out of my coils the car isnt a everyday driver and it put it right where I wanted should look good once I get new tires for my 19" Hamann pg2 rep's.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:08 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo4life11
Not sure since I've never had or have seen bc or megan racing in person but I am very happy with them thus far, and I dont remember ever seeing bc or megan doing rebuilds let alone rebuilds in New England which is where im from. I'll gladly drive them up to Mass for a rebuild for $65 per side. As for the cone I wanted the most dramatic stance I could get out of my coils the car isnt a everyday driver and it put it right where I wanted should look good once I get new tires for my 19" Hamann pg2 rep's.
I'll bet $$ that they don't rebuild them, they just replace them like BC does. Every other company at SEMA was selling china parts, all the same parts , different colors and different names. Maybe i can find them on thursday and ask if they are at SEMA
Old 11-01-2011, 11:19 AM
AJW Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nismo4life11
Well put!
It is nice to have them done in USA, especially New England.

ISC will not be at SEMA this year, they will be at PRI though.

http://www.performanceracing.com/
Old 11-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Originally Posted by terrasmak
I'll bet $$ that they don't rebuild them, they just replace them like BC does. Every other company at SEMA was selling china parts, all the same parts , different colors and different names. Maybe i can find them on thursday and ask if they are at SEMA
I'm sure they'll be there, but it won't be "ISC." It'll be whatever factory is making them. I'd also put money on them not rebuilding them, and just selling replacement shocks and use your old springs, perches, collars, etc. You still get all new internals, so it's just a different means to the same end.

I'm not bashing the product because I have no experience with them... Just putting this into perspective.

Last edited by Vivid Racing; 11-01-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:03 AM
nismo4life11

Well here is an update after a couple weeks daily driving everything is still exactly the same still great ride and still no weird noises (only scraping from being sooooooo freaking low). Cant wait to get my rims on (19" Miro 359 hamann reps), rear fenders rolled and get my kinetix A-arms (new style) and spc rear camber and toe kit on to really set this car off. Pictures to come after all that happens.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:27 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah, looks like your typical, bc, stance, megan, hsd, buddy club, d2 coilover that all comes out of the same factory in taiwan.

There sure are a lot of random coilover companies popping up out of nowhere these days.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you previously owned any other coilovers to compare these to?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:31 AM
nismo4life11

Yup I've had JIC FLT-TAR on my B15 sentra SE, and I had Tein basics on my old turbo B14 200sx se-r. I have also owned multiple spring and shock combos had megan racing springs and KYB AGX shocks on the B14 before the coils. And I had Eibach pro kit with stock shocks and Vogtlands with KYB GR2's (current setup sold the JIC's due to money issues) on my B15. My JIC's were amazing and the Teins I hated... So far I like these better than my old teins from my B14... may the flaming begin? I'm not a name wh*** and im not afraid to try new products, I use what works and what I can afford at the time. These were an experiment for my Z and love them. I actually like these enough that I'm currently thinking about maybe getting another set of these for my B15.

Last edited by nismo4life11; 11-10-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 AM
nismo4life11

UPDATE! Still working great no noise, no bounce, put about 5k miles on them and I still love them.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:44 AM
raf84ny

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to see you still like them!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:07 PM
xman2yman

I love that you keep updating this, not enough people do long term updates and to me thats what matters. So far coil overs remind me of a bed. Its something you want to make sure 100% that its the one you want because you will be stuck with it of a while.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:41 AM
nismo4life11

Yea I'm doing this because of the misinformation that a lot of these forums bring and because people deserve the truth on a product not just hear say and b.s. It's like when I did my sr20de+t 200sx build no one really knew what they were talking about it was just me ripping apart my car and hoping peoples routing for vacuum lines and stuff was right (which it never was and I ended up working everything out till it was right) also hence my former set of tein’s on that car too. I've learned it pays to research and figure out stuff based on facts not brand names and forum hype.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:31 AM
nismo4life11

Newest photo kinda a sneak peek of whats going on....
Attached Thumbnails ISC N1 Coilover review-photo.jpg   ISC N1 Coilover review-photo1.jpg  

Last edited by nismo4life11; 02-01-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:26 PM
xman2yman

Wow i like that drop, right now I think i am between 2 sets of coils which are a used set of HS hipermax 3 or Apexi ExV's for both the same price of 1100 at most. Do you know anyone running these?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:01 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nice mod but wat posessed u to make ur vert roof red?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:47 AM
nismo4life11

Originally Posted by xman2yman
Wow i like that drop, right now I think i am between 2 sets of coils which are a used set of HS hipermax 3 or Apexi ExV's for both the same price of 1100 at most. Do you know anyone running these?
I wouldnt trust a used set... but thats just me. As for the Apexi supposidly its the same as these BC and Megan so if it were me I'd save the $200 for camber adjustment stuff and get these. I know I've seen these as low as $875, I got mine for $900 with free shipping and a free shirt. Plus I know ISC rebuilds for $65 not the BC $100 plus the lower mounting point on the front coils is different and has adjustable length, makes me think they are different but who knows.

As for the Red top it needed a new one I wanted a cloth top and I dig red. Plus I did it just because I've never seen it done before.

Last edited by nismo4life11; 02-03-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Quick Reply: ISC N1 Coilover review