Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 05:18 PM
creationv2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9kFever
thanks for the good luck. Does anyone know how the process works? I know they have to offer you a buy back or a replacement. My issue is that I paid 25k for my 35th anniversary in absolutely flawless condition with only 6000 miles. So obviously the car is still worth more than 25 on the private party market. So if they are only going to give me 25k back Im screwed. Also since there is no 35th Anniversary Model anymore what would I get for a replacement? Track? Grand Touring? Those match the sticker on ym 35th.

check out dbasals thread or PM him, we know for sure he went through it and won. so that s a great place to start.

also did you have all those mods on during your trials?

good luck!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by creationv2
check out dbasals thread or PM him, we know for sure he went through it and won. so that s a great place to start.

also did you have all those mods on during your trials?

good luck!
Yea, West Covina Nissan is very mod friendly.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Earlz350

thanks for the good luck. Does anyone know how the process works? I know they have to offer you a buy back or a replacement. My issue is that I paid 25k for my 35th anniversary in absolutely flawless condition with only 6000 miles. So obviously the car is still worth more than 25 on the private party market. So if they are only going to give me 25k back Im screwed. Also since there is no 35th Anniversary Model anymore what would I get for a replacement? Track? Grand Touring? Those match the sticker on ym 35th.
Are you sure on the buy back?
I would take an offer like that. I traded a perfect 04 for this 06 to upgrade to the Track and got screwed. If I could get them to buy it back I would go for a new Infinity.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:19 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Mid117
In my earlier post, I mentioned nissan wanted to give me $2500 to settle the dispute...I got a call back from BBB saying NNA offered me $3000.

I told the BBB the lowest I'll accept is $5000 to settle, or buyback...we'll see how that works out.

They didnt offer me a dime...said new motor or eat it. I fortunately got a motor sent from across the pond. Hang in there man...I felt sick to my stomach for about 6 months..now that its working I want to swap a V8 into it..lol. We are never satisfied. LOL at the V8 post earlier today...
Old 11-23-2007, 12:06 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
They didnt offer me a dime...said new motor or eat it. I fortunately got a motor sent from across the pond. Hang in there man...I felt sick to my stomach for about 6 months..now that its working I want to swap a V8 into it..lol. We are never satisfied. LOL at the V8 post earlier today...
He had a different story. His car was in the shop for over 30 days for motor, tranny, and other work. My motor from across the pond seems worst than both the V1's
Old 11-23-2007, 01:30 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

He had a different story. His car was in the shop for over 30 days for motor, tranny, and other work. My motor from across the pond seems worst than both the V1's

wow...hang in there..its seems that once someone pushes back NNA starts to show a little grace.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:57 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
wow...hang in there..its seems that once someone pushes back NNA starts to show a little grace.
As soon as I called BBB the first time, NNA ordered a V2 and it was there in three days. 10+ people were already on the list at the dealer I had the swap done at. Mine must have been priority because the other 10 were ahead of me.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:54 PM
ZeeForce

Discouraging News-- Checked the oil level on my V2 that has about 600 miles on the clock. .75 QTS low after babying the damn thing. I had checked the oil when I picked the car up and it was right on the H. Now it is half way between the H and L. BBB will be contacted on Friday to reopen my case with NNA. As this is the third motor (first two burned through 2 qts every 700 miles), I will be requesting for a buyback or replacement.

=(
Does anyone know how the process works? I know they have to offer you a buy back or a replacement. My issue is that I paid 25k for my 35th anniversary in absolutely flawless condition with only 6000 miles. So obviously the car is still worth more than 25 on the private party market. So if they are only going to give me 25k back Im screwed. Also since there is no 35th Anniversary Model anymore what would I get for a replacement? Track? Grand Touring? Those match the sticker on ym 35th.
I am reading up on California Lemon Law. From what I read NNA is only obligated to repurchase your car for the amount you paid. There is a statement or word used “Substantially impairs the value of the vehicle to the consumer” and “manufactured installed options” that may entitle you to more money on the buy back based on your 35th Anniversary. You would need to consult with your assigned BBB arbitrator. For myself I am in the same boat, the Interlagos Fire was produced for 1 year, so the value also has gone up on the market value of the car.

Sorry I could not past into the post the snippets, therefore they are attached as pics.

For a replacement, (attached) it states Nissan will replace with a new and substantially identical vehicle from the same model year or, if one is not available, from the next model year.
In short, they would have to give you a car of substantially (of considerable worth or value), which would have to be an 07 or 08 model.

Attached are snippets from the California Lemon Law and the nationwide BBB Autoline Program Summary for Nissan. This means Nissan participates in the BBB Autoline and this is their summary of the program.

There are two types claims under the lemon law:
1.A claim that meets all the lemon law standards by the applicable state.
2. Warranty claims not covered by the lemon law.

Nissan has agreed to arbitrate both 1 and 2

I believe all of us meet # 1 (above).

Links:

Start here:
http://www.us.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePa...d-7a3e16e8da33
Click on all the blue/green links below the results and print and save for future reference.

Attached is for CALIFORNIA ONLY, except the Nissan Program Summary, that is nation wide. These are snippets from the actual documents, it is advised to read the complete documents online.

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-ca-ll-snippets_0001.jpg RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-ca-ll-snippets_0002.jpg RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-ca-ll-snippets_0003.jpg RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-ca-ll-snippets_0004.jpg RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-ca-ll-snippets_0005.jpg

Last edited by ZeeForce; 11-23-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:55 PM
ZeeForce

One more.

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-ca-ll-snippets_0006.jpg

The link above is a quick start to bring up all the states Lemon Law.

The main page for BBB Autoline and links explaining the BBB program, is here.
http://www.us.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePa...1-65db5886a6fd

Last edited by ZeeForce; 11-23-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:56 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by Earlz350
Hey all,

I am new to this site and new to the oil consumption issue as well.

However, I am a loyal customer of Nissan and I can't believe that they are not addressing this issue when they are about to start pushing a $75k sports car. You would think nissan would want to address the oil consumption issues ASAP. This is a really bad move on thier part. I will def think twice before purchasing another Nissan or Infinity.
Welcome to the OC club, it’s not by choice we are here; it’s a great place to share info and development. It’s money in the bank for Nissan, they could care less for the 06 owners, we were the guinea pigs to test an engine that was not ready for production.

Originally Posted by doctorshumes
Still burn 1qt every 1K miles. Compression test showed now problems. (all cylinders around 185). Would be a hard fight for a new engine. Also, spoke to a friend to designs engines for cadillac. They have a few engines, especially in the early 2000s that burned up to or >1qt per 1K miles. Basically it can be due to the aluminum heads. When they heat up they do not expand symetrically. As a result, you can get larger gaps between the rings and cylinder walls in some areas and tighter gaps in other areas. It seems alot of engines (Cadillac, Honda, BMW) burn oil to some degree and it depends on the aluminum composite. Those burning a lot more oil probably do have ring and other issues.
By NNA requirements you do qualify for the OC test. By having the within range compression, still does not explain your OC issue. NNA is not denying any engine replacements for non symmetrically blocks. I would suggest getting a NNA case opened and OC test started. Please do not tell us that Nissan’s vendor changed the specs on the blocks without Nissan’s knowledge.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:44 AM
06CPV35

^^^Interesting possibility on Aluminum composite. Raised my eyebrow on what might be my situation.
Perhaps hopefully my UOA will show this as a possible condition and/or rings and/or BOTH.
Hmmm...we shall see.

Thanks ZeeForce for the BBB & Lemon Law info posted.
It's interesting under the Lemon Law guidelines, Nissan will NOT pay for Attorney fees acquired from claimant.
And if not under Lemon Law but for repurchase, will not pay original cost of sales tax, service contracts, etc.
And replacements, will not include difference of MSRP's between newer and original model MSRP cost in replacements.
And if bought/leased used...you're out of luck with this route period.
Nissan certainly has covered their behinds in all that
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 AM
9kFever

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
^^^Interesting possibility on Aluminum composite. Raised my eyebrow on what might be my situation.
Perhaps hopefully my UOA will show this as a possible condition and/or rings and/or BOTH.
Hmmm...we shall see.

It's interesting under the Lemon Law guidelines, Nissan will NOT pay for Attorney fees acquired from claimant.
And if not under Lemon Law but for repurchase, will not pay original cost of sales tax, service contracts, etc.
And replacements, will not include difference of MSRP's between newer and original model MSRP cost in replacements.

Did I miss something? Lemon Law considers a car NEW if bought used with existing Manufacturer Warranty. And you only have to pay difference in MSRP if you have to get a model year over 2 years newer.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:52 AM
9kFever

Hmmm...we shall see.

Read them again. #3 clearly states that under Lemon Law (not Nissan's version of arbitration) that they pay back collateral costs including sales tax, registration, etc.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:57 AM
9kFever

Hmmm...we shall see.

Thats what Nissan has set out to be their policy during arbitration with BBB. This doesn't make Nissan exempt from the Lemon Law. However, this would require taking them to court.

Looks like thats what I will have to do seeing I bought my car with 7000 miles.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:27 AM
06CPV35

^ That was basically what I was talking about...Nissan's version or what they'll agree to, rather than the actual law and our rights.
Read my post again. Never mind, you did three times. Think you got it

In a nut-shell...if you don't accept Nissan's offer or their guidelines, it's their way nonverbal way of saying...fine...take us to court then.
I'm sure they're in hopes that most people by that point are tired of this and will accept their guidelines to be done with the issue.
It's a substandard agreement imo compared to the actual Law. Nissan not dummies.

Last edited by 06CPV35; 11-24-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:14 PM
CRXtoZ

Got a call from the dealership that my engine finally arrived. I'm schedule to bring it in Monday December 3rd. Next week I plan to go to the dealership with some friends to looked the new engine. I just want to be sure I'll be getting something that's equal, if not better than what came with the car. Remember I never got OC test and nothing what put in writing to indicate that I was having problems with my Z.

Last edited by CRXtoZ; 11-24-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:37 PM
9kFever

Just got back from the dealer. They confirmed that the V2 was consuming oil. It was 1.25 Quarts low after just 700 miles.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:38 PM
9kFever

^ That was basically what I was talking about...Nissan's version or what they'll agree to, rather than the actual law and our rights.
Read my post again. Never mind, you did three times. Think you got it

In a nut-shell...if you don't accept Nissan's offer or their guidelines, it's their way nonverbal way of saying...fine...take us to court then.
I'm sure they're in hopes that most people by that point are tired of this and will accept their guidelines to be done with the issue.
It's a substandard agreement imo compared to the actual Law. Nissan not dummies.
Sorry misread your post and it scared me!

I will most likely have to take them to court to get a replacement due to the fact that I bought my car with 7000 miles. If I take them to quart I wont get my legal fees payed for right?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 PM
ZeeForce

A lot of reading and the way it is organized on Nissan’ Program Summary makes it appear to be for all consumers. Most of their definitions are referring to consumers NOT Covered under the Calif Lemon Law. Which the main criteria to fail meeting the standard is mileage/months = 18 months or 18k miles which ever comes first.

This BBB Auto Line Program Summary for Nissan (pretty much a document Nissan has published for the most part that covers Warranty Claims NOT Covered By The Lemon Law)
http://www.us.bbb.org/Storage/16/Doc...an-ProgSum.pdf

This document: Standards of the California Lemon Law is for consumers that DO meet the standards and Nissan is required to follow these guidelines.
http://www.us.bbb.org/Storage/16/Doc...-LLsummary.pdf

Therefore in reading this several times, I will try my best to answer the below statements. My responses are below the statements (in bold) from 06CPV35

If meets the standards under the under the Lemon Law : A consumer who prevails in an action under Song-Beverly must be allowed by the court to recover costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees based on actual time expended, determined by the court to have reasonably incurred by the consumer in connection with the commencement and prosecution of the action. What ever that means…..sounds like if you take them to court then you can recoup attorney’s fees.

And if not under Lemon Law but for repurchase, will not pay original cost of sales tax, service contracts, etc. – Correct

And replacements will not include difference of MSRP's between newer and original model MSRP cost in replacements.

This is only if the consumer does not meet the Standards of the Calif Lemon Law. If the standards of the lemon law are meet then Nissan must either repurchase or replace the vehicle. On a replacement under the Standards of Calif Lemon Law the manufacture must pay for collateral charges ON THE REPLACEMENT (official fees associated with the sale of the vehicle, including sales tax, license fee, and registration fees) AND any REASONABLE incidental damages (prepayment penalties on existing loan on the car, early termination charges and earned finance charges, if actually paid, incurred, or to be incurred by the consumer). The manufacture does NOT pay for collateral charges ON THE OLD CAR. Basically for a 30k original purchase price on the current vehicle (junker) the manufacture pays 30k that’s it, the manufacture DOES NOT PAY for tax and license fees. For the replacement vehicle, the manufacture MUST PAY for those fees (tax and license).

That applies to consumers that DO NOT meet the Standards of the Calif Lemon Law. Consumers covered would be any individual to whom the vehicle is transferred (sold to used) during the duration of a written warranty (includes manufacture written new vehicle warranty) or who is entitled under applicable state law to enforce the obligations of the warranty (example: a kid buys the car and the title is in the fathers name, then the father can enforce the obligation of the warranty)

The lemon law covers vehicle NONCOMFORMITIES, which are defined as any vehicle defect of malfunction that:
Is covered by the manufacture’s written new vehicle warranty AND substantially IMPAIRS THE USE, VALUE or safety of the vehicle to the consumer. (all of us would fall under the: impairs the use and value).

From the 2006 Warranty Information Book – New Vehicle Limited Warranty page 4:
This warranty is provided to the original and subsequent owner(s)……
This warranty is generally transferable from the ‘original other than Nissan dealer’ (OWNER) to subsequent owners of the vehicle at any time ownership of the vehicle is transferred, without any action on your part…..

Basically the new vehicle warranty transfers to the new owner when the car is purchased as a used vehicle from the dealer or private individual. The new vehicle warranty continues and if within the 18 months or 18k miles which ever comes first, and the new owner can still meet the Lemon Law Standards for Calif, then is entitled to a REPLACEMENT or REPURCHASE.

I scanned the 2006 Warranty Information Booklet. There is helpful info for anyone wanting to go the BBB Auto Line route and additional info on our warranty coverage.

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-06-warr-info-book_0002.jpg RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-06-warr-info-book_0003.jpg RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-06-warr-info-book_0004.jpg RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-06-warr-info-book_0005.jpg RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-06-warr-info-book_0006.jpg
Old 11-24-2007, 09:48 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by CRXtoZ
Got a call from the dealership that my engine finally arrived. I'm schedule to bring it in Monday December 3rd. Next week I plan to go to the dealership with some friends to looked the new engine. I just want to be sure I'll be getting something that's equal, if not better than what came with the car. Remember I never got OC test and nothing what put in writing to indicate that I was having problems with my Z.
Congrats!

Look for this sticker with part # 10102 AC7MZ ending in a "Z" or ask the parts dept to look up the part # for your new engine.

If the part # ends in an "A" do not accept it, it's the same original engine and will not fix the OC issue.

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03746.jpg

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion