Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Abs and e brake light

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Nabice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Abs and e brake light

I hate coming to my wits end and having to ask for help but here it is.

Last weekend i was at the drag strip (had a great time) on the last run i did during my burnout i noticed my abs and e brake light came on. (Assumed it was for my brake pads needing to be changed or low fluid.)
So 2 days ago i went ahead and changed out all 4 brake pads and topped off fluid and no change with the lights. So the next day i reset the ecu with the pedal trick (no change)
So i let it sit 26 hours with the battery disconnected completely.
Reconnected the battery and started the car and the lights are still present, so i proceeded to check every fuse in the car from the kick panel to the box by the battery and the hidden box behind the battery to no avail.
I don't have a code reader so i can't check for codes but i proceeded to check the wheel speed sensor and that also checks out in working order.

So if anyone has any other inputs they'd be appreciated.
03 350z 6mt full exhaust, pop charger,plenum spacer, coils, wheels tires.
I also have the manual traction control switch wired to the yaw sensor so the slip and vdc lights are always on.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Best thing to do is find a real good code reader to read your bcm.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:55 PM
karlt

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

For Nabice - ABS/TCS/VDC are controlled by their own controller, not by the engine ECU, so doing the pedal dance or disconnecting the battery has no effect.

For Conway - You're correct that Nabice needs to find a high end scan tool (one that reads ABS and SRS faults as well as engine codes). However, as stated above, it's the ABS controller, not the BCM, that needs to be scanned.