Notices
Engine Intakes, Exhausts, Clutches, Turbos, etc...

FS: JGY x Kanji Brand turbo kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 05:04 AM
revolvedZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ps. i drove the car allll weekend and its a blast, not a single issue! no overheating,no leaks,car feels as solid/reliable as it did n/a,just quicker and sounds so sexy.... mmm boosted vq's...
cant wait too drop in the injectors and really get in it!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 AM
jasonG35

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Bc the kit draws attention to cheap. When you start adding fuel pump injectors bigger ic oil pan spacer oil cooler ems etc your gonna be dancing with other KNOWN kits.
you forgot seats, wheels, radar detector

Seriously though, what does an oil spacer and oil cooler have to do with a turbo kit? Did you see where they want to oil to drain into the block? It's above the oil line, like a factory turbo'd Nissan.

In reference to your "low" comment. It seems like the chart speaks highly. Did you notice the filter value of "7". You know alot of places filter to like 25. When you look at the way the graph is going, if the dude had injectors, he could have easily gotten to 350HP. I don't think that's low.

I saw the car running the streets this weekend. The intercooler fits well.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:13 AM
JGYMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

^ haha true... you can add stuff on to the kit for days, but whats the point of a low cost tuner kit?

thats what we like about it, simple.cheap.good quality.makes power. if you have 6k to throw into a kit, yes, we can add all kinds of stuff on to it for you!

but if you want the essentials for a kit, aka all you need to drive out boosted. that is what we call our tuner kit. also why it is HALF the cost of most kits on the market. add injector and uprev and you are done.

im glad your enjoying the setup Revolvedz! i cant wait for you to drop in the injectors and strap her back down!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:20 AM
JGYMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlueDragonZ
What I'm interested to see are a list of other supporting mods NEEDED for this kit with prices, such as injectors, Engine Mgmt etc. I think thos will allow is to be able to really COMPARE it with a full kit with everything already included.
And that's not going to happen.

You could use a $1500 AEM, a $1500 Haltech, or a $300 Uprev for engine management. We decided NOT to include engine managment in the kit for a reason.

We have been around a long time. Back in the day, we used to sell complete turbo kits for Nissan Sentras, that included the JWT tuned ECU, Turbo XS BOV, boost and fuel gauges, everything. Being a retail store as well as a install facility, you get all kinds of stuff in here.

One time, we had an Fmax kit brought to us for an install on a B14 Sentra. It didn't include injectors or an ECU. We had some fitment problems with the goofy wastegate setup. While we were on the phone with them going over that, I asked why they didn't include injectors and ECU. They basically explained that there were so many options, including our fuel rail kit on the market, that they got tired of the substitutions and altered kits.

Later, I had to agree with him. We would get a customer that wanted our turbo kit, but already had an NA tuned JWT ecu. Or a customer that specifically wanted and HKS BOV. It got annoying either suggesting that they sell their stuff, or substituting out items and trying to figure out what the price got changed to.

I'll describe the Momentum Kit that was out there. It was nice. It was. It included an A/C reroute kit. It included Deatchwerks injectors and an Uprev. It was everything. (I'd throw the DW injectors in the trash, but that's a story for another day). But for a guy that already has an Uprev program and deleted A/C, you may want to get a cheaper price from Momentum. I'm sure they had to deal with that.

Our Kanji turbo kit is a tuner kit that allows the user to decide on what ECU management/BOV/wastegate/turbo/fueling option he/she wants and either buy it from us or somewhere else. There's no tricks up the sleeve. Our first test mule client for the kit didn't opt to buy a fuel upgrade, but did buy an Uprev from us. So, doing a quality dyno tuning, we tuned his car to what/where he wanted and included the graph. That's about as honest as you can get. In reality, the numbers that his car puts down speak less about the turbo piping and more about the car/motor.

Scenerios:

1. What if his car has low compression on the left bank?.....and the car didn't make good power
2. What if the motor had been built to 11/1 compression and the car make 400HP at 6psi?
3. What if our install failed and we had 2 exhaust leaks before the turbo, causing horrible turbo lag?
4. What if he had 2 blown headgaskets and compression kept getting into the water jackets?

Well, none of those occured of course.

For those of you that are implying that the numbers are low, pretend that we dyno'd to 7000rpms, but cut the graph off at 5250. OK, now that's in your mind, let's look at the graph. Hum......at 4000rpms, we went from 130 to 200HP. At 4600rpms, we went from 185tq to 260tq. OK, now let's give you $2800 to spend. Go buy headers/exhaust/spacers/etc with that money and see if you can touch those gains. I think the only way to do it would be Nitrous.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 AM
revolvedZ

Name:  Image2013-08-05.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  42.7 KB

pic taken from the weekend, who dont like that shine in the grill
Old 08-06-2013, 05:33 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonG35
you forgot seats, wheels, radar detector

Seriously though, what does an oil spacer and oil cooler have to do with a turbo kit? Did you see where they want to oil to drain into the block? It's above the oil line, like a factory turbo'd Nissan.

In reference to your "low" comment. It seems like the chart speaks highly. Did you notice the filter value of "7". You know alot of places filter to like 25. When you look at the way the graph is going, if the dude had injectors, he could have easily gotten to 350HP. I don't think that's low.

I saw the car running the streets this weekend. The intercooler fits well.
ok didn't mean anything bad about the kit. Im all for it. My point is when you add all the stuff that a momentum kit comes with or BP kit you mine as well prepare for a lot more. Jason to be honest your kind of getting on my nerves. You fanboyism is annoying enough for me to stay out this thread since your contributing nothing besides da post and fanboy. Also please dont msg me. Watch cnn with your wife talking aboug the good ol days
Old 08-06-2013, 05:44 AM
revolvedZ

you guys are cracking me up hahaha. lets just say jason is my number #1 fan. and he's local so gotta represent.

and just to add a note to this pricing thing... i have the injectors, (which were in stock) and the fuel pump. total price on these items... $490. all brand new from JGY.

so add $490 my package and im good! not even close to the money of a Momentum kit for example. thats great for me!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:56 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

This piping is exactly the same as my godspeed kit.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:25 AM
revolvedZ

which looks like a turbonetics, that looks like kanji, that looks like whats on my car
Old 08-06-2013, 06:26 AM
jasonG35

ok didn't mean anything bad about the kit. Im all for it. My point is when you add all the stuff that a momentum kit comes with or BP kit you mine as well prepare for a lot more. Jason to be honest your kind of getting on my nerves. You fanboyism is annoying enough for me to stay out this thread since your contributing nothing besides da post and fanboy. Also please dont msg me. Watch cnn with your wife talking aboug the good ol days
I'll space these comments out so you will have a greater chance of understanding them.

A. You got on my nerves the first time you made a comment in a thread I was in. It was a supercharged G35 for sale in NC and you insulted it, not cool. I went to go buy it. I saw it. You didn't.

B. You PM'd my wife for photos. It doesn't bother me. It is just weird. Of all the ways to try to pick up a girl or see one? You remind me of that guy that finds the dressing room in Abercrombie and Fitch in the non-gender side and keeps dropping your jeans on the floor so that you can peak under and see if you can see the lady's panty line in the other stall. You mention this place is like a prison, well, quit PM'ing the females for photos and maybe they would stay.

C. What type of adult posts on a forum for someone to not message them? I messaged you as a joke and told you to compliment my posture. It was after you said I'm not funny. You know that big bull in the field, the muscular one in the shoulders, with the big set dangling, and no flies on his back, but there are flies on the other cows? That bull........yeah, you act differently behind the fence then what you do when you are in the same pasture as him. Insulting someone on the internet is easy. It's like yelling at that bull from behind the fence. Cross the fence......come on....jump it, I dare you

D. My guess of your life accomplishments are this: graduated highschool, has gotten 3 raises at Lowe's Supercenter, gotten to 3rd base with 2 girls, homerun with self, only 4 cavities, post count over 9000 on my350z.

E. It actually would be very pleasant if you WOULD stay out of threads I'm in. You seem to post NOTHING supportive or helpful. Contrary to what your mother told you, your opinion doesn't matter, 4th place isn't a compliment, your dad did leave because of you, and yes, she did date 2 of your friends.

F. You have mentioned my wife and my age a few times now. I'm 38. Heather said to tell you that you can message her all you want, but she would never leave me for a bi-sexual male.

P.S. other than you and 2 moderators, the rest of the world found this funny, so go pick on somebody else or just pick on me in person.

Focker............out

Old 08-06-2013, 06:44 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Lmao 1 jason im 26 I bet I make more then you and your scalywag wife. 2 you really think your a bull? Hahaha. Please please anytime you would like to talk face to face we can meet halfway. I assure you your no bull. 3 your wife I was trying to see if she was doable. However the fact shes on here and married to you ill go with 10@2 and a 2@10. Also with your age and what you think is humor and chit talking is really nothing to me. I assure face to face you wouldnt say chit or id put you in your place. Take age as wisdom and when to shut your mouth. This is that time. What you've posted I have actually considered humor bc it reminds me of the dad that gets knocked out by a kid.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:48 AM
jasonG35

Lmao 1 jason im 26 I bet I make more then you and your scalywag wife. 2 you really think your a bull? Hahaha. Please please anytime you would like to talk face to face we can meet halfway. I assure you your no bull. 3 your wife I was trying to see if she was doable. However the fact shes on here and married to you ill go with 10@2 and a 2@10. Also with your age and what you think is humor and chit talking is really nothing to me. I assure face to face you wouldnt say chit or id put you in your place. Take age as wisdom and when to shut your mouth. This is that time. What you've posted I have actually considered humor bc it reminds me of the dad that gets knocked out by a kid.
says the dude that was leaving the thread
you love me
Old 08-06-2013, 07:00 AM
jasonG35

Originally Posted by revolvedZ
you guys are cracking me up hahaha. lets just say jason is my number #1 fan. and he's local so gotta represent.

and just to add a note to this pricing thing... i have the injectors, (which were in stock) and the fuel pump. total price on these items... $490. all brand new from JGY.

so add $490 my package and im good! not even close to the money of a Momentum kit for example. thats great for me!
What CC injectors are you doing? 525 or 725?

p.s. 2004Black350z wants to post so badly to this thread , He's like Chris Rock in New Jack City in the drug room.....he's trying to resist
Old 08-06-2013, 07:04 AM
jasonG35

I'm your number 2 fan.

I still shift faster than you.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:13 AM
revolvedZ

hahaha its getting deep in here. wheres the love??

anyway back on topic...

i am getting the JGY 50lb injectors, 6 of those things should flow plenty for the numbers i want. walbro pump, call it a day.

just because i dont quick shift in the middle of town dont mean anything. well take this to the mountain any day !
Old 08-06-2013, 07:27 AM
jasonG35

hahaha its getting deep in here. wheres the love??

anyway back on topic...

i am getting the JGY 50lb injectors, 6 of those things should flow plenty for the numbers i want. walbro pump, call it a day.

just because i dont quick shift in the middle of town dont mean anything. well take this to the mountain any day !
We could hit www.crotchofthedragon.com. We could also go south, maybe to Sparta NC or Winston Salem and meet up with the dude that makes more money than me.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:18 AM
cmcurran5

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

as an outside perspective that was interested in the kit because of the initial price tag, i think the worst way to sell it is to let the "fanboy" make hateful homosexual insults and personal threats to another member...
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
jasonG35

Originally Posted by cmcurran5
as an outside perspective that was interested in the kit because of the initial price tag, i think the worst way to sell it is to let the "fanboy" make hateful homosexual insults and personal threats to another member...
I'm Jason. I did not make any homosexual insults. My cousin is gay. I also find it weird how people find the option that someone might be gay an insult. It would appear that by taking it as an insult, it is actually you doing the insulting.

Make no mistake, I didn't make any threats. Technically neither did the CIN Motorsports guy. He implied them. but no biggy

So this would be your conversation with your neighbor tonight:

You: I was going to buy a turbo kit
Neighbor: Oh yeah, is it expensive?
You: doesn't matter, a dude on a website called another dude a homo and threatened to eat him, so I'm not going to buy from the place
Neighbor: oh yeah?
You: yeah, he's a #fanboy
Neighbor: so you are not going to buy a turbo kit because someone called someone else a homo, dude you're gay
You: yeah, wait, no I'm not

It seems like you guys get off topic too much.

how much is the fuel pump you are doing RevoldZ?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:50 AM
JGYMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

maybe this thread needs to be cleaned up. *cough cough* lets keep it turbo kit related please.

We sell injectors, 50lb,72lb, and 95lb. we sold Revolvedz our 50lb injectors, which would be plenty big enough for the power goals and some. these are sold for $65each.
we also sold him the walbro 255 pump kit for the z/g for $99.

so for a total of $489 he has everything he needs to make the fuel system up to par for this turbo setup. we hope to have him back on the dyno soon to put down some full pull numbers

Last edited by JGYMotorsports; 08-06-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 AM
jasonG35

I found it.
http://www.jgy.cc/350Z/fuel.htm
$99, that's cool

Quick Reply: FS: JGY x Kanji Brand turbo kit!!