Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hommeade License Plate Holder

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 08:22 PM
04_Touring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hommeade License Plate Holder

I got pulled over last month for not having my front license plate. Maryland law requires to have them. Although there is a bill going around stating otherwise. right here> http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/hb/hb0577f.pdf.
I bought the car in Delaware, a state where they do not require a front plate. My Z does not have a bracket, nor holes to put on a bracket. The State Trooper gave me a 70 dollar fine. I'm going to go to court and hope he doesn't show, if he does I will try to use that Bill that Maryland allegedly passed as leverage against the cop. I might bring my bill of sale from Delaware as well, to prove i bought it from a state that doesnt require front plates(so they know there never was or is a bracket or holes on the car).

Any who, I need a back up plan if everything goes south and I am required to put my plate back on. I dont want to do zip ties. Or drill a bracket on. I like working on projects and thought it would be fun to attempt to make a bracket like Stillen has(the one integrated into the toe hook). I already have a Big bolt that fits in the toe hook perfectly, but do not know how i can securely attach the plate. I am open to any suggestions. Sorry for the story, but I wanted to give everyone the big picture.

Last edited by 04_Touring; 03-07-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:38 PM
05nsn350z6

If that Bolt has threads all the way to the head, I would just put a hole in the plate. then samich the plate between two washers and a nut. so bolt, washer, plate, washer, nut.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:43 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

I love my Stillen plate holder. Takes 30 seconds to put it on if I am driving anywhere that the cops will get on my *** for it.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:13 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I got the stillen plate holder too. Very easy on and off. And best of all No drilling holes into the bumper.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:46 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 04_Touring
if he does I will try to use that Bill that Maryland allegedly passed as leverage against the cop.
Bills are not laws. A proposed bill means nothing. That is not a defense.

I might bring my bill of sale from Delaware as well, to prove i bought it from a state that doesnt require front plates(so they know there never was or is a bracket or holes on the car).
Again, not a defense. Excuses are not defenses. It's your responsibility to follow state laws no matter where you bought the car.

Any who, I need a back up plan if everything goes south and I am required to put my plate back on. I dont want to do zip ties. Or drill a bracket on. I like working on projects and thought it would be fun to attempt to make a bracket like Stillen has(the one integrated into the toe hook). I already have a Big bolt that fits in the toe hook perfectly, but do not know how i can securely attach the plate. I am open to any suggestions. Sorry for the story, but I wanted to give everyone the big picture.
  • Use zip ties
  • Use your tow hook location. Either look at some pics of a stillen plate holder or follow the countless other people who have posted their own homemade holders. There's plenty of threads if you look.
  • Use a retractable "show n go" plate.

Last edited by bender; 03-09-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:25 PM
04_Touring

Again, not a defense. Excuses are not defenses. It's your responsibility to follow state laws no matter where you bought the car.

Im going to court to defend myself. If what i'm doing seems like "excuses" then oh well. Its worth a try. Im willing to go to trial and have either
a. the cop doesnt show(has happened to me before)
b. the judge lessens my fine
c. the judge somehow agrees with me(which is unlikely)
d. the judge rules me guilty and I pay 25 dollars extra in court fines

None of the scenarios are serious, worst case is that I am out an additional 25 dollars to the original fine. Lesson learned
Old 03-17-2014, 09:01 PM
04_Touring

Originally Posted by bender
Bills are not laws. A proposed bill means nothing.
The bill was enacted on Oct 1st 2013. If a bill is not vetoed within 20 days, it becomes a law. This is coming from the Maryland State Department website
Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 PM
04_Touring

went to court and was told that the bill was never passed. Judge gave me one day of PBJ, so i cant complain.