Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Equal Length Turbo Exhaust Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:49 AM
cashmoney03

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you wanted equal length manifolds because you are picky. Then realized that no one makes them in the material you want and have suddenly decided that you'll buy unequal length (something you didn't want before) just to get a manifold in the material you want. All while never stating any particular reason other than it's just what you want. If you'd do some research you'd realize that there are reasons behind why folks design these kits the way they do. You want equal length cast iron manifolds you better go find a foundry and break out the pocket book.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 957 Likes on 722 Posts

Maybe you will learn to search.....vs signing up and posting a dreamer thread.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 AM
treebeblazin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did search, and couldn't find what I was looking for, so I posted here. If you guys don't know where to find what I'm looking for then you have no business posting on this thread.
I want cast iron because of its thermal properties. I want equal length because of the vqs design and firing order. Firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6. So with equal length manifold, each exhaust pulse has the same distance to travel to the turbine, this makes efficiency, not turbulence.

I've done my research, I know what I want, now if you don't wanna help me, and all you wanna do it bash my thread, then get outta here.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by treebeblazin
If I can't find the manifold I'm looking for then I'll just buy GTM's cast iron unequal length manifold that comes with their kits. It's really not a big deal, but its what I want .
You need to do more research...GTM is in Bankruptcy court.

On top of that, they have the worst flowing manifolds you can possibly find. If you are set on a TT, go with the Greddy.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:14 AM
treebeblazin

No, I've never heard that about gtm. I've only ever heard good things about them. Thanks for everything Boosted Performance you've been the most help on this thread. You guys got a twin turbo kit or just that one single you told me about?
Old 09-16-2014, 10:48 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

Good luck on your search. I believe in you 100% that you will accomplish your goals
Old 09-16-2014, 10:59 AM
treebeblazin

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Good luck on your search. I believe in you 100% that you will accomplish your goals
Thanks for the positive comment homie
Old 09-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 957 Likes on 722 Posts

No, I've never heard that about gtm. I've only ever heard good things about them. Thanks for everything Boosted Performance you've been the most help on this thread. You guys got a twin turbo kit or just that one single you told me about?
believe it or not i am trying to steer you in a proper direction...you are just to lazy to figure it out. You are just here to be spoon fed. If you were really serious about going FI you would be busy reading up on EVERYTHING vs asking mundane questions.

GTM has a reputation on here....just ask around a bit.

As for greddy tt...for hr you can only buy used. Greddy has suspended production due to.....guess what....cracking manifolds.

Humor me a bit...what is your FI budget?

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
IKR. I may hate your cheapness but you make up for it in other ways.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:35 PM
cashmoney03

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did search, and couldn't find what I was looking for, so I posted here. If you guys don't know where to find what I'm looking for then you have no business posting on this thread.
I want cast iron because of its thermal properties. I want equal length because of the vqs design and firing order. Firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6. So with equal length manifold, each exhaust pulse has the same distance to travel to the turbine, this makes efficiency, not turbulence.

I've done my research, I know what I want, now if you don't wanna help me, and all you wanna do it bash my thread, then get outta here.
I get it. I do. But you aren't going to accomplish it with any off the shelf kit. It will need to be completely custom and in the end the difference will be negligible especially for the cost. Do a tubular header and ceramic coat it and wrap it and you'll be time and money ahead. Look at the big racers. No cast iron to be seen. And those guys are looking for every horsepower they can get.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 PM
treebeblazin

Originally Posted by cashmoney03
I get it. I do. But you aren't going to accomplish it with any off the shelf kit. It will need to be completely custom and in the end the difference will be negligible especially for the cost. Do a tubular header and ceramic coat it and wrap it and you'll be time and money ahead. Look at the big racers. No cast iron to be seen. And those guys are looking for every horsepower they can get.
Cashmoney you make a good point. Thanks for trying to see it my way. You're probably right and the difference is more than likely negligible. I made this post just to see if there was anybody out there who knew something I didn't about what I was looking for. If it's in production, great, I want it. But since it doesn't seem to be I will go another route. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:13 PM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Changes thread title to "another turbo equal length cast manifold dreamer thread"... Lol, jk, sit back and read through the 1000s of threads before making a choice on what you think you want to do.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Jaxter

You have not done your research on the HR. Read the BP and JTran threads on this forum and the370Zdotcom. The HR exhaust manifolds have equal length primaries. Is that efficient enough? Couple that with BP or JTrans equal length piping and you have an efficient Single. The reason to go with a single on the HR is cost, because whatever you do will be custom (unless you run across someone's used Greddy/GTM TT). Look at the simplicity, efficiency, and ease-of-install of the low-mount Singles vs trying to custom build a TT. The results don't justify the cost difference in this case. The stock-motor sized Single Turbos are making 10 psi under 4000 rpms.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxter
You have not done your research on the HR. Read the BP and JTran threads on this forum and the370Zdotcom. The HR exhaust manifolds have equal length primaries. Is that efficient enough? Couple that with BP or JTrans equal length piping and you have an efficient Single. The reason to go with a single on the HR is cost, because whatever you do will be custom (unless you run across someone's used Greddy/GTM TT). Look at the simplicity, efficiency, and ease-of-install of the low-mount Singles vs trying to custom build a TT. The results don't justify the cost difference in this case. The stock-motor sized Single Turbos are making 10 psi under 4000 rpms.
Yup:

That is a stock VHR, with OEM headers, 6266 T4 1.0 a/t twin scroll turbine, on pump gas. This is an "out of the box" kit.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Drako_MDx

Or you can jump on this Band Wagon. AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System They're looking for cars to R&D with for a supposedly large discount. Seems to meet OP requirements.

Personally with your requirements... I'd go with SFR Twin or a used Greddy.

I'd still prefer over all of them what I currently have which is a BP Kit.

Last edited by Drako_MDx; 09-17-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:08 AM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

Thought GTM was "Out of Business"

posted this before I got to page 2

Last edited by OldManZ350; 09-17-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:19 AM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

I've Only heard BAD things about GTM and how many people have been Screwed.

I've heard nothing but GOOD things about Sahsa & Boosted Performance. And his work is First Class.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:53 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hmm, that looks familiar

Fast intentions manifolds are cast as will be the AAM.

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance

Old 09-17-2014, 01:08 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Boosted Performance;10466434]You need to do more research...GTM is in Bankruptcy court.

BEST FREAKING NEWS I HAVE EVER HEARD!! Sam cocksuckazawahara (GTM) is a LIAR, CHEAT, THIEF and arrogant POS!

May that mudderfuker be beheaded while rotting in a sheethole prison somewhere..maybe a broomstick through the torso like Jeffry Dalmer would be a just end to that organism called a person.

Last edited by ogiehooker; 09-17-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:21 PM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Tell us how u really feel, lol
Old 09-17-2014, 02:22 PM
phunk2

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Timeline of the GTM customer experience...

Before Exchanging CC information:

No, I've never heard that about gtm. I've only ever heard good things about them.
12+ months, $15,000+, and no car later:

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
Sam cocksuckazawahara (GTM) is a LIAR, CHEAT, THIEF and arrogant POS!

May that mudderfuker be beheaded while rotting in a sheethole prison somewhere..maybe a broomstick through the torso like Jeffry Dalmer would be a just end to that organism called a person.

Quick Reply: Equal Length Turbo Exhaust Manifold