Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

How much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
nawgee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much?

First off I DID SEARCH!

If there is a thread that answers my questions, please send me the link.

How much does it cost to keep up a Z?
For example: changing rotors, spark plugs, tires, o2 sensors, or the motor for your window, or whatever. (BTW i can do most of this stuff on my own i guess im just curious because I keep reading about it.)

I keep hearing that it costs a lot to repair this car and I wanted to know how much you guys pay to service your car.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:29 AM
nawgee

(cricket sound. . .)
Old 02-26-2009, 11:17 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

The Z can be an expensive or inexpensive car.depends on what you want to do with it and your situation.I drive my car everyday.The dealership I bought my car from had a dealer for life program,i get my fs oil changes and a check for free.I changed my brake pads and resurfaced the rotors at 45k(was like $200.00,for me i have a friend on the inside,and labored myself).Other than going through rear tires once sometimes twice a year.repair cost isnt unreasonable.But i got my car new and i added the extended warr. to put my mind at ease once the factory warr. runs out.I honestly only had one issue with my car and the clutch master cyl. was replaced.(warr).So i spend more $ paying and modding.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...questions.html

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...ost-261-a.html
Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nawgee
First off I DID SEARCH!

If there is a thread that answers my questions, please send me the link.

How much does it cost to keep up a Z?
For example: changing rotors, spark plugs, tires, o2 sensors, or the motor for your window, or whatever. (BTW i can do most of this stuff on my own i guess im just curious because I keep reading about it.)

I keep hearing that it costs a lot to repair this car and I wanted to know how much you guys pay to service your car.
I budget $200/month for maintenance, repairs and tires.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 AM
phenom92

Like (HKS-Z) said it all depends on what your plans for the car are. i can tell you i just spent $900 on new tires yesterday and oil changes for me are about $60 for oil and filter (i put it in myself). O2 censors are like $130, plugs are like $6 a piece. hope that helps answer your question
Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 PM
nawgee

Originally Posted by HKS-Z
The Z can be an expensive or inexpensive car.depends on what you want to do with it and your situation.I drive my car everyday.The dealership I bought my car from had a dealer for life program,i get my fs oil changes and a check for free.I changed my brake pads and resurfaced the rotors at 45k(was like $200.00,for me i have a friend on the inside,and labored myself).Other than going through rear tires once sometimes twice a year.repair cost isnt unreasonable.But i got my car new and i added the extended warr. to put my mind at ease once the factory warr. runs out.I honestly only had one issue with my car and the clutch master cyl. was replaced.(warr).So i spend more $ paying and modding.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...questions.html

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...ost-261-a.html
ok thanks i learned a lot just now! so maintaining a Z isn't too bad because I do not plan on really modifying the car (other than audio). Plus I'm handy with a wrench so I would most likely be handling basic repairs myself. Thanks guys for the responses!