Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

crashed my 350Z -.- now what

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:01 PM
RawrXTC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First car is a 350z? Parents should have gotten you a Civic.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:27 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Repairs look great man, can't even tell anything happened.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Repairs look great man, can't even tell anything happened.
#BeDrankin
Old 06-15-2014, 01:24 PM
andro_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone heard of an "overlay" quarter panel that i can just bond ontop of my sanded original panel ? i saw someone talkign about a fiberglass one but he gave no details of the installation process or even where to buy one

Last edited by andro_350z; 06-15-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:31 PM
andro_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone ??
Old 06-16-2014, 07:02 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

strike 1 getting a 350z as being new to the car world
strike 2 not having full coverage
strike 3 driving a car you can not afford to fix out of pocket , when not having full coverage

lesson learned

you should have bought a more economical car that cost $2500 as your 1st car
that way you would only be out $2500
Old 06-16-2014, 07:23 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmfetish
strike 1 getting a 350z as being new to the car world
strike 2 not having full coverage
strike 3 driving a car you can not afford to fix out of pocket , when not having full coverage

lesson learned

you should have bought a more economical car that cost $2500 as your 1st car
that way you would only be out $2500

Kids, they think they're hot ****. Little brats don't understand the difference between being able to buy something and being able to afford it. Every teens think just cause they have 7k to dump on a 350 means they can afford it. Who the hell drive a performance car, knowing damn well it's more accident prone, and NOT have full coverage? Performance car+Rwd+ no driving experience+ no full coverage= ******** lol
Old 06-16-2014, 08:18 AM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

All these old people talkin crap.

I bought my Z in 2008 with 55k miles on it a month after I graduated high school (18 years old).

I still daily drive my Z in 2014 (24 years old now) and it will be clicking over to 110k on my drive home from work today.

I've been in 1 accident in it because I decided to abide by the traffic laws and stop at a stop sign. The pickup behind me decided I shouldn't have stopped and ran into me. Minor cosmetic damage, didn't wrinkle the fender like the guys above.

Have I driven my car like a jackass? Yes.
Do I have full coverage insurance? Yes.
Did I pay my car off a year early without any of mommy and daddy's help? Yes.
Do I understand the consequences of having fun in my car and not driving like a grandpa? Yes.

Age doesn't have anything to do with it. I know plenty of 25+ year olds that don't know how to drive. It all comes down to the individual.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:26 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by 92K1500
All these old people talkin crap.

I bought my Z in 2008 with 55k miles on it a month after I graduated high school (18 years old).

I still daily drive my Z in 2014 (24 years old now) and it will be clicking over to 110k on my drive home from work today.

I've been in 1 accident in it because I decided to abide by the traffic laws and stop at a stop sign. The pickup behind me decided I shouldn't have stopped and ran into me. Minor cosmetic damage, didn't wrinkle the fender like the guys above.

Have I driven my car like a jackass? Yes.
Do I have full coverage insurance? Yes.
Did I pay my car off a year early without any of mommy and daddy's help? Yes.
Do I understand the consequences of having fun in my car and not driving like a grandpa? Yes.

Age doesn't have anything to do with it. I know plenty of 25+ year olds that don't know how to drive. It all comes down to the individual.
While it DOES boil down to the individual. Age DOES play a factor into things. Wisdom comes from experience. Driving skills can be obtain through 3 ways, practice, driving school, and experience. I doubt many here goes to driving school, or practice defensive driving. So what's left? Experience. Simple as that.

You can deny it all you want, but the truth is, there IS a reason insurance is more expensive for the younger age group.

Edit: I'm not as old as you think. I was just raised with common sense.

Last edited by turboed350z; 06-16-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:06 AM
92K1500

Originally Posted by turboed350z
While it DOES boil down to the individual. Age DOES play a factor into things. Wisdom comes from experience. Driving skills can be obtain through 3 ways, practice, driving school, and experience. I doubt many here goes to driving school, or practice defensive driving. So what's left? Experience. Simple as that.

You can deny it all you want, but the truth is, there IS a reason insurance is more expensive for the younger age group.

Edit: I'm not as old as you think. I was just raised with common sense.

Age is a factor, but it doesn't mean everything.

Instead of being a douche and saying,

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
This is why only 25 and older should drive a Z.
It should be reworded to something like, "This is why retards shouldn't drive a Z."

There are plenty of people under 25 who know how to drive/respect their vehicle.

If you think being older makes you a better driver, do my job for a week.

You will soon realize that age/experience doesn't mean squat when it comes down to being able to drive. People are idiots.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:16 AM
turboed350z

It should be reworded to something like, "This is why retards shouldn't drive a Z."

There are plenty of people under 25 who know how to drive/respect their vehicle.

You will soon realize that age/experience doesn't mean squat when it comes down to being able to drive. People are idiots.
Yes it doesn't determine everything, but a young kid with no experience, trying to show off (if you deny that teens don't like to show off you're lying to yourself.) in a performance car, that is easy to lose control in, doesn't play a major factor, we have nothing left to talk about. NO teens should EVER have a performance car as a first car. (My opinion)

First learning how to drive is already hard enough. Add in temptation, mix with power, and that is a recipe for an accident. There's a saying, "driving a car is like fuxking, everyone think they're good at it."
Old 06-16-2014, 09:26 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by andro_350z
Yeah so thats it for now i guess, and sorry these are the only pics i had of the car and i didnt have time to post more. Anyways thanks for the useful replies and for all the douchebags who assumed i cant drive with no evident ( you werent there to see what happened) please keep your learn to drive comments to yourself, that's not what i posted this to get. Also for the ones that said Zs shouldnt be for anyone under 25 that is just some ******** coming probably from a 26 year old who always wanted a Z but could not get one until now so they concluded that Zs are only for "25 and older". I never understood why there are so many egoistic ***s in these forums
You're a little *****.

I've had my Z since I was 22 actually.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It comes down to who is driving really. I have friends that have a Z and they drive like *******s, drifitng in public around corners and going up to 110 mph.

I've never taken my Z over 80 on public roads. I do go to the track at times.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Syner

He's in New Jersey...

Maybe he should talk to Anthony about getting some cheap parts? lol...
Old 06-16-2014, 09:36 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by Syner
He's in New Jersey...

Maybe he should talk to Anthony about getting some cheap parts? lol...
Isn't that guy the one that scam people?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Syner

Isn't that guy the one that scam people?
shh... lol
Old 06-16-2014, 09:45 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by Syner
shh... lol
You DO get what you pay for hahaha
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 AM
92K1500

Yes it doesn't determine everything, but a young kid with no experience, trying to show off (if you deny that teens don't like to show off you're lying to yourself.) in a performance car, that is easy to lose control in, doesn't play a major factor, we have nothing left to talk about. NO teens should EVER have a performance car as a first car. (My opinion)

First learning how to drive is already hard enough. Add in temptation, mix with power, and that is a recipe for an accident. There's a saying, "driving a car is like fuxking, everyone think they're good at it."
I've done plenty of showing off in my day. I used to drift my 4x4 truck all over town. I'm not perfect. Nobody is.

When I was 8 or so my dad would let me stand in the seat beside him in the pickup and control the wheel while he drove. He always kept his hand close but would completely let go. Then as soon as I was tall enough to see over the dash and reach the pedals he let me drive it on my own. (10 years old ish)

Got my first motorcycle when I was 14. I've had 2 cruisers, 2 sport bikes, about to buy a new bike since my current one has something knocking in the engine from letting someone else ride it..... 2 pickups, an SUV and my Z. I've even driven a semi. I have had my share of experience in an assortment of vehicles. And I'm still under 25 so I shouldn't be able to own the one thing I care about more than anything?

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
It comes down to who is driving really. I have friends that have a Z and they drive like *******s, drifitng in public around corners and going up to 110 mph.

I've never taken my Z over 80 on public roads. I do go to the track at times.
I can't say I've never gone fast on the street but there is a time and a place for everything. Tracks aren't long enough to top out a vehicle unless you're on the salt flats.

When there are people around it's not the time nor the place.

Just the general statement "nobody under 25 should own a Z" struck a nerve.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:53 AM
turboed350z

I've done plenty of showing off in my day. I used to drift my 4x4 truck all over town. I'm not perfect. Nobody is.

When I was 8 or so my dad would let me stand in the seat beside him in the pickup and control the wheel while he drove. He always kept his hand close but would completely let go. Then as soon as I was tall enough to see over the dash and reach the pedals he let me drive it on my own. (10 years old ish)

Got my first motorcycle when I was 14. I've had 2 cruisers, 2 sport bikes, about to buy a new bike since my current one has something knocking in the engine from letting someone else ride it..... 2 pickups, an SUV and my Z. I've even driven a semi. I have had my share of experience in an assortment of vehicles. And I'm still under 25 so I shouldn't be able to own the one thing I care about more than anything?

I can't say I've never gone fast on the street but there is a time and a place for everything. Tracks aren't long enough to top out a vehicle unless you're on the salt flats.

When there are people around it's not the time nor the place.

Just the general statement "nobody under 25 should own a Z" struck a nerve.

I NEVER said that anyone under 25. Shouldn't own a z. I said, a z, or ANY performance car, should NEVER be a first car for ANYONE. Simple as that. Hell even PRO drivers are crashing cars like the z. This is life, shot happens. But a performance car in the hands of a show off teens with no experience increases the chance of an accident.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:56 AM
92K1500

I NEVER said that anyone under 25. Shouldn't own a z. I said, a z, or ANY performance car, should NEVER be a first car for ANYONE. Simple as that. Hell even PRO drivers are crashing cars like the z. This is life, shot happens. But a performance car in the hands of a show off teens with no experience increases the chance of an accident.
I know it was oldschool that said that. You just got caught in the crossfire.

Not trying to fight or **** people off. Just venting my opinion and got caught up in it.

Quick Reply: crashed my 350Z -.- now what