Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Start up/Ignition problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Reanimating

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Start up/Ignition problem

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Hello. First time posting here, and I'm kind of new to doing my own work on my car.

I have a 2006 350z. My problem is that I went to start up my car this afternoon and nothing happened. The lights on the dash board turned on and the battery read 12volts. The terminals looked fine. I did however find a wire under the steering wheel that had electrical tape over it that I assume was pulled off by my foot. It's a thicker red wire. I'm not sure if this leads to the ignition switch or not. There has been no problems starting up my car. In fact I drove it to work this morning and it sounded normal like any other day. But that singular red wire seems very suspicious to me. If anyone could help I appreciate it.

EDIT: I found out today what kept it from starting. It seems that a piece of rubber fell of the clutch pedal that kept it from depressing the clutch interlock switch. So relieve as I was about to call up the dealer to have it fixed.

Last edited by Reanimating; 06-24-2015 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Problem solved!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:30 AM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well seeing how there is only one red wire in the entire vehicle it is very easy to diagnose.

Pictures would help. Look under the dash and see if you can find the other part of the wire that it was connected to.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Reanimating

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92K1500
Well seeing how there is only one red wire in the entire vehicle it is very easy to diagnose.

Pictures would help. Look under the dash and see if you can find the other part of the wire that it was connected to.
This is the red wire how I found it but without the tape