Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Need help for my brother's car

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 10:49 AM
cincysilvias14

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AFG
Hi everyone… It’s hard posting on this site on behalf of my brother. It’s so hard to talk and it’s hard to even hear the inner voice in my head. My brother was AFG on here and we lost him on October 5th of 2014. To make a long story short, I’m driving his car now because I know that’s what he would have wanted. He maintained his car like no one I’ve ever seen and I want to keep up the maintenance. His clutch is starting to go out and I don’t want to get an OEM one. I did some research on here and it seems that a lot of people have been complaining about loud noise when they’ve replaced their flywheel. I use this car as my daily driver and I would like to upgrade the clutch with an aftermarket. What combination of clutch and flywheel would you suggest that I can use that won’t be a pain in the *** for daily driving, that has good performance and doesn’t have the noise that everyone’s complaining about?

Thank you in advance!
imy sympathy for you and the fam. if its a 07 use a zspeed hd csc i need to on my next clutch. a lot of people like the southbend or jwt. im personally going nismo.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:55 AM
AFG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cincysilvias14
imy sympathy for you and the fam. if its a 07 use a zspeed hd csc i need to on my next clutch. a lot of people like the southbend or jwt. im personally going nismo.
Thank you for the sympathy. I went with the HD CSC. I've heard great things about this setup.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:57 AM
AFG

The next thing my brother wanted to do to his car was to lower it. What do you guys think of this: https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart...on.php?II=8380

I'm thinking coilovers are a safe bet.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:24 AM
AFG

A quick update. The clutch has been installed and it's been about five hundred miles and I couldn't be happier. The revs and response is so much quicker. I now know what they mean about the noise from the lightened flywheel, but its not that bad. Maybe because it's my daily driver and all I do is drive it to work and back home so it doesn't bother me as much.