Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Another Clutch Bleed Help Request

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 02:43 PM
ADVNTURR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Clutch Bleed Help Request

I just upgraded the clutch line in my 05 (26k) to a SS line. I first drew a vacuum on the bleeder and got fluid to flow through the line without much trouble. I have tried to bleed it using the pump, hold, open, close, release method and I continually get fluid to come out but I can not get the pedal to fully return on its own (maybe 50%).

I keep seeing people mentioning adjusting the adjustment rod but I am not entirely sure which direction I am supposed to be moving it. Am I trying to get the rod to travel further into the cylinder or further out of the cylinder? As of right now the threads are backed pretty far out so I think I'm getting pretty good inward travel, but there is still room for more adjustment if that is the direction I need to go.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:02 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

From the 2005 350Z FSM:

NOTE:
Do not use a vacuum assist or any other type of power bleeder on this system. Use of a vacuum assist or power bleeder will not purge all the air from the system.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:00 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

unless you replaced the master, there should be no reason to adjust it... too far and you will essentially be riding the clutch without your foot on it... too little and it wont engage properly. sounds like air or slave is out to me