Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

From the wreckage of Zoe...Nitro emerges PICTURE HEAVY

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 05:36 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by KJFire4Life

@dboy High heat engine enamel, coated/dried/coated/dried/coated/cleared/dried/cleared/dried and then I used small washers on the valve cover bolts to prevent paint from cracking as i torqued valve cover bolts properly. Also, why is it hard to change spark plugs? yeah you gotta take intake and stuff off....but it's honestly not that bad!
Thanks, and coming along great...

Its hard to change the plugs because you discover the oil all over the coils from the leaky tube gaskets then you need to cough up the $ for new valve covers... Thats my experience with it anyways.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:48 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

doing great
Old 10-26-2016, 12:10 AM
KJFire4Life

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Update

Rear end put back together

315's anyone?

Yeah I'm that dork lol

Satin Black

BOOTY

MORE BOOTY
Old 10-26-2016, 12:12 AM
KJFire4Life

BIGGEST PAIN IN THE *** EVER!!! 2 DRILL BITS, 1 SAWZALL BLADE, AND 1 BROKEN PUNCH LATER...........I BEAT IT OUT WITH A SCREWDRIVER AND HAMMER -.-
Old 10-26-2016, 05:57 AM
shaq77fan

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

What did you use to tint the back up/signal lenses?
Old 10-26-2016, 06:20 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Originally Posted by shaq77fan
What did you use to tint the back up/signal lenses?
i used vinyl overlay from bluebat when i did it on my nissan
The following users liked this post:
shaq77fan (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 08:40 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

BIGGEST PAIN IN THE *** EVER!!! 2 DRILL BITS, 1 SAWZALL BLADE, AND 1 BROKEN PUNCH LATER...........I BEAT IT OUT WITH A SCREWDRIVER AND HAMMER -.-
I found that to be the smoothest one, the ones on the diff ears really kicked my *** though, same with the subframe, broke like 4 drill bits at least.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:08 PM
KJFire4Life

I used 5% window tint to do the reverse lamps, came out GREAT! That bushing was a PITA!!!! Hated it! I literally spent 4 hours hunched under the car taking it out. As for the bushings on the diff...........I spent 30 minutes on each one beating them out with a punch and hammer. Curled the ends, then used a ball point punch to push them over themselves and popped out finally.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:05 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Rear end put back together

315's anyone?
Hold up are those mustang wheels?

How did you get those to fit?! I have a set of 18x9.5 cobra 5 spokes with fresh meat left over from my GT I tried to install for shts and gigs on my Z but it would not mount. The bolt pattern should work but my wheels just wouldn't go.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:15 PM
KJFire4Life

Originally Posted by CK_32
Hold up are those mustang wheels?

How did you get those to fit?! I have a set of 18x9.5 cobra 5 spokes with fresh meat left over from my GT I tried to install for shts and gigs on my Z but it would not mount. The bolt pattern should work but my wheels just wouldn't go.
Rear are 17 x 10.5 with 315/35
Front are 17 x 9.5 with 245/35

Bolt pattern on 99-04 mustang cobras was 5x114 or 5x4.5 in American numbers. They went right on for me. Running +5 in rear and +10 in front
Old 10-29-2016, 05:14 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Dam! Time to bust out my GT rims and try again.

IIRC I felt like I taa hitting something around the hub or maybe my brembos but I think I peeked and my brembos cleared.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:32 PM
KJFire4Life

I will say, the center bore for the mustang wheels is bigger than the center bore for the Z wheels. Z is 63mm or something like that and mustang is around 15mm bigger if I remember correctly. Try fitting them up again, see if the ring in middle is possibly oversized or undersized? Not sure what year model your GT wheels came off of
Old 10-29-2016, 05:53 PM
KJFire4Life

Skirts on!

Sneak Peek - Pre tail tint
Old 10-29-2016, 05:55 PM
KJFire4Life

Just the start to a MASSIVE sound setup (No the solder ain't clean, but it certainly ISN'T coming undone!

For those who asked.....I'm 22 and have done this entire thing with my own money and skill. Working my *** off to pay for the car and tools, along with living expenses, etc....
Old 10-29-2016, 06:09 PM
KJFire4Life

Sound setup:

Power Acoustik Gothic Series OVN4-900
Power Acoustik Gothic Series OVN1-4000D
Raptor 12 gauge OFC 70' Speaker Wire
Pioneer SPH-DA120 Head Unit
Gauge 2 Power/Ground wires for both amps
Kicker 6.75" DSS Coxials
Kicker 5.25" DSS Coxials
Kicker 6.5" DSS Coxials
Sundown DVC E-10 4 Ohm Subs X2

Will be running multiple crossovers and Kicker Component setups come winter. Had the coxials sitting around from another build so using them in the meantime while I dump money into the chassis and suspension lol
Old 11-07-2016, 09:01 PM
KJFire4Life

Default Update #1

Green demon eyes anyone? multiple LED's custom mounted into upper housing plate

Carpet in, TONS of wiring run

Dual gloveboxes, dual Gothic series amps...why? Because audiophile that's why

Kick panel from jdmfetish himself. 5.25 Kicker coxials (for now with 2" Tweeters (not pictured)

Drivers side

Behind drivers seat, CLEAN (if I do say so myself
Old 11-07-2016, 09:05 PM
KJFire4Life

Default Update #2

06+ console converted (bracket removed and wiring re-routed for airbag module)

Both doors, drivers side was easy to swap in,

Pioneer SPH-DA120 wired in. GREAT fit for the Z and the setup I'm running. AMAZING compatibility and output options

ZLEDS white corner LED replacement panel soldered into the stock connector and in place

Test fitting the housing and wiring bulbs/iron man ring setup

06+ waterfall/container post restoration. Satin black! Looks amazing and contrats perfectly. Did the shifter trim the same color.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:07 PM
KJFire4Life

Default Money shots a.k.a update #3

A pillars on, handles in, attaching emblems tomorrow

Satin black handles and emblems

Dusty, but gorgeous

...Ditto!
Old 12-07-2016, 12:11 AM
KJFire4Life

Default The demon awakens

*Learn to Tame the Demon Inside....Before it Eats You Alive*

All joking aside, I last left you guys where I had just gotten back from Fayetteville and installed both A pillars and Door seals. Will do full pictures next post, here is just a quick overview of what I've been through in the past month with what has fondly been come to be known as my demon, "Nitro".

1) A pillars installed, finished interior and installed seats.
-Pulled interior back apart to install underdash LED kit, secondary amp rem wire, custom built gauges/switches/hvac by Bob Hickey, sub amp RCA control ****, heated seat switch relocation and wire extension(**** load of soldering), airbag replacement after finding a constant SRS light.
2) Engine running would shake more than anything I've ever had, steering was super tight and had no rebound, wheels were hitting fenders, forgot to install front radiator support cross brace piece. Pulled rear spacers off, wheels flush, installed extended ARP studs front, went from 20mm spacer to 5mm to clear front tires with a +25mm offset. Found PPE longtube rubbing steering column HARD, shimmed motor up 1/4" on driver side and fixed that. Pulled radiator support back off to find AC leak from high side line leading into condensor and an almost worn through radiator hose from rubber touching AC clutch for some reason?
3) Had a local tint guy come out to tint all around with 18%, the idiot used some kind of solvent on the rear hatch to clean the window and dropped it all over passenger quarter panel AND MY BRAND NEW PAINT JOB! It burnt 2 teardrop shaped huge runs into the paint, and down to the metal of the car. He was chased out of my driveway with a gun & a lot of cussing.....
4) Had the cars paint cut and buffed down as there was still orange peel in places and it needed some attention, the guys that did it ****ed it up even more and left nasty swirls and scratches all over the car. Got a refund after again.....lots of cussing and quite a bit of debate with the owner.
5) Took the car in to align it, found a leak from rear diff, and had three MASSIVE exhaust leaks with this stupid true dual BORLA POS slip fit system (anyone wanna trade for a Greddy?) Took 2 weeks, and constant adjustments and 4 sets of gaskets to finally seal exhaust completely.
6) Got it home, Kinetix manifold was sucking air in from gasket making it stutter almost as soon as I pulled back into the driveway, 1 week later and $50 down the tube. New gasket, good as new, but made the throttle body go out of wack. Re-learned, reset, fixed.
7) Flat tire, TPMS yelling at me. Two sensors went bad, one shattered inside the tire itself and blew all the air out overnight in my driveway
8) Took it to Nissan to get the rear hatch glass molding replaced, sat for 2 hours before the tech decided to come show me the BRAND NEW molding gasket he had RUINED trying to put it on without looking at the manual to see that the glass must actually be REMOVED and bonded back with the molding around it......Needless to say, Nissan comped my $160 gasket, AND didn't charge me a cent, along with filling my gas tank up to the brim for that...........
9) Have condensation in my headlight on driver side, realize the shop didn't seal up the demon eye wiring hole well enough, pulled bumper, headlight, siliconed even more, blew condensation out, cleaned, back together. 2 days more down......
10) Finally get my custom sub box and both Kicker Comp ProD series subs to put in, they sent me the SVC version of the subs....not the DVC I originally ordered. Kicker comped me the shipping both ways (pun intended) and let me keep the wrong SVC ones they sent me.
11) Finally start enjoying my car and have about 800 miles on it, was finally starting to settle in, clutch was breaking in, and going great. 200 miles from finally being able to let it out and see what it could pull in top gear (on a track of course) Aaaaaaaaaand my little sister backs into my car in the driveway and ****S my front bumper up ROYALLY! Bent the crash support underneath as well, thank God I still have the white one and all kinds of spares........Repaired my Nismo V2 and the car is currently at the ONLY body shop in town I trust being personally worked on by two guys I would trust with anything. Specifically my Z......They are fixing the rear quarter runs, and painting the new bumper. Installing hatch glass molding, and cleaning, cutting, and buffing the entire car.

All in all, this car has fought me EVERY step of the way, and because I'm not driving it now, I hate it lol. But everytime I sit in that seat, and drive her again. Feel what 8 months of dedicated hard work feels like under my foot...............I love this car. And I won't EVER give her up! Alrighty, now that you know the story. Time for me to upload pictures here, Need some opinions of what to do next btw guys! Definitely getting V2 canards and thinking rocket bunny spoiler? Any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2016, 12:16 AM
KJFire4Life

Default Pics #1

Relocated Driver side heated seat switch, added 3' of wire to each connector wire from console plug in

RCA bass **** wired into to my gothic series OVN1-4000D

Restored center console and trim with satin black paint, no scratches, looks sleek and sexy!!!

This plug.....is a pain in the BUTT!!! Console plugin

Dual gloveboxes, dual gothic series amps, dual GOODYNESS (Yeah I made that up and I claim the word as mine lool)

Probably uploaded this before but damn she looks good (Pre-intake leak)

Remember what I said about my V2? This is pre-little sister Z massacre

The day I got the bumper on and headlights in

testing wiring

IT WORKS

Fixed the constant on turn signal by cutting the BLUE SOLID wire on harness

Quick Reply: From the wreckage of Zoe...Nitro emerges PICTURE HEAVY