Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Another new guy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Alucarda

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another new guy!

Hello there! Just picked up an 08 base Z with 78k on it. Loving it so far!
White with a black hood/roof wrapped. If I knew what the paint condition was underneath the wrap I'd probably take it off, though the AZ sun likes to wreck paint =/ The front and sides emblems are gone though I will be stealing the emblem off my friends xterra since it looks similar in size.

Mods that came with it are:
Injen short ram.
Kinetix HFCs
Short shifter (with a ridiculous but kind of cool crown royal boot)
1600 Watt amp with 2 kicker comp S's
An exhaust, though I am not sure which one it is. Might have to get underneath and take some pictures and compare.
Suffering from the dreaded P2a03 SES code at the moment as well.

And of course some obligatory pictures. I'll take some more when monsoon season isn't making my car look like garbage everyday.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:23 PM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd just buy new emblems to fit your taste, there are blacked and chrome ones, or OEM. z1 has all of them iirc.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:20 AM
rearranged

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Courtesyparts.com has them as well.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:36 AM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

Welcome and enjoy the new ride!

A vinyl wrap shows all paint imperfections through if you look closely. So if you examine the roof and hood and don't see anything that looks like paint imperfections underneath then you should be fine.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Alucarda

Forgot the car also has Tein lowering springs as well. First "mod" I'll be doing my self is new tires since the ones on it are pretty low on tread and would rather stop breaking the tires loose when doing a little spirited driving.

Originally Posted by craig12895
Welcome and enjoy the new ride!

A vinyl wrap shows all paint imperfections through if you look closely. So if you examine the roof and hood and don't see anything that looks like paint imperfections underneath then you should be fine.
Aye though I'll probably be taking off the white wrap (It's Nogaro Red underneath) and leave the black since I've always enjoyed red and black together and I think it'll match the wheels nicely as well. Will probably be taking it off sometime next week since I looked it over and it doesn't look beat up underneath other than where a spoiler used to be. The main thing I am worried about is oxidation. The car I replaced (01 GT Eclipse) had it really bad once it started.

Originally Posted by Unicus
I'd just buy new emblems to fit your taste, there are blacked and chrome ones, or OEM. z1 has all of them iirc.
Aye if the front one from the xterra doesn't sit right or just doesn't look right I'll be ordering some new ones. Just thought "hey he doesn't need them anymore since he is donating the car soon I might as well grab em and see!"

Last edited by Alucarda; 07-21-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Alucarda

Took the wrap off loving this red a lot more than the white!

Emblem from my room mates 03 Xterra. Fits perfectly though the 3m double sided tape I bought doesn't seem to hold it on very well it's pretty flimsy.

A lot of ding marks on the driver side front bumper double checked and it wasn't from taking the wrap off.

Scratched to $hit where the 350Z emblem used to be. It looks like the previous owner put one on at some point using super glue then took it off and mucked it all up.

Used to have a spoiler at some point and the back windhisled wiper wasn't capped off so I grabbed some red vinyl tape to cover it up until I can get it fixed properly.

I'll be ordering some new emblems for the sides and back soon though I'll wait to get the back fixed before putting on the rear.