Notices
NOLAZCC New Orleans Louisiana Z Car Club

New years Eve Question for you NOLA ppls

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:21 AM
AznSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So our trip was awesome. We managed to see most of NOLA in just about 3 days.

Day 1:
Got in during the afternoon. Ate at Cochon for dinner, then hungout a Bourbon Street and drank hurricanes at Pat O'brien's. That place is pretty decent sized in the back. Very good place to chill.

Day 2:
Ate at this breakfast place in the french quarter, I forgot what it was called, started with a "P". Patenail? or something. Anyways, I think we ordered the wrong stuff cuz it was probably the least favorite meal of the weekend. However there was still a line. Then we walked around the french quarter, hungout at Jackson Square, walked around Royal street and checked out the art shops and flea markets.

We pretty much saw all of the french quarter in one day, we also got on the ferry and saw some nice views of the city from across the river. That night was NYE, we had dinner at Palace Cafe which was awesome, had the bananas foster (which was AWESOME). Then started partying on Bourbon Street. Started the night off with a Jester? which was really strong. Made our way past the crowds/strippers and heard some good hip-hop music coming from fat catz. Ended up staying till midnight there. After being completely hammered, we went and grabbed more hurricanes and pizza. We also stumbled into the cuban cigar store and smoked a cuban and danced to cuban music.

Day 3:
Ate a late brunch and ACME oyster house, which I would like to say has the best grilled oysters!! Afterwards the day consisted of my friend showing us around the lower 9th ward? one of the above ground cemetarys, and dropped us off at the audobon park where we took the street car back and saw some cool sights. That night we ate at Emeril's, which was the best meal, and best service I've had in a long time. After dinner we hungout at frenchman and listened to the bands.

Day 4:
Ate awesome fried chicken/red beans/fries/breadpudding/waffles at Mother's. OMG it was frickin' gooooood. Yep, then walked around with the crazy Utah/Bama ppl. Left for the airport in the afternoon.

As you can see, each day was driven by food haha. My gf and I love eating, we ate at Cafe Dumonde 2 days in a row. I ate 4 beignets in one sitting lol. Nola is crazy, hella fun. You can always be partying/drinking. But I can see how that would get old after a while. But thanks to everybody for the advice, sorry we couldn't meet up with anyone.

Oh and I saw like 3 Z's that weekend, the first 2 were stock. Then on the way to the airport I saw a white Z with silver wheels, asian guy driving.

Thanks again, Happy New Years!

Last edited by AznSky; 01-04-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 AM
soleil
NolaZcc

glad u had u a great time....next time u come in town def give us(nolazcc) to take u out!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:05 PM
nothix

bump