Notices

ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 PM
warmmilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will the ecu be available for other cars and engines other than the supra and the vq platforms (for example, ls2 powered 350z?)
Old 12-04-2007, 05:40 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
will the ecu be available for other cars and engines other than the supra and the vq platforms (for example, ls2 powered 350z?)

your answer

The initial release for this year will include the following vehicles

Supra MKIV - manual trans ... auto to follow early next year with full line pressure control, lock up control, and all the hysterisis.

Nissan - 240 (all years), Skyline RB series (limited release), VQ series (350z,G35,Spec V)

1g Mistsubishi

Honda - 90's vehicles

First half of next year will add the following

Toyota lexus - 1999 and later vehicles, mainly IS300 and Scion TC/XB. I will be able to do plug n play for any of the late model Toyota/Lexus vehicles as well.

Ford Mustang EECV (1996 and up to 2004)

Porsche - models to be listed at a later date

BMW - models to be listed at a later date

We can run any of the LS series GM vehicles with a universal wiring harness.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Quick pic of our Dealer box

We'll be playing with it on a car in the next week or so.

Chris
Old 12-12-2007, 05:48 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

very nice!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Looks good.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:29 AM
taurran

I've been reading up more and more on this EMS and like what I hear. I'm thinking I'd like to go this route as soon as I hear more third party feedback. (and when I get more money to spend on it)
Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 PM
BlackStar

Originally Posted by Chris@SP
-Level I works like the AEM, or FCON in that it piggybacks the factory ecu
and will not control DBW.

-Level II unit will control EVERYTHING. (This unit is not set to be released
until early 08.

Price for Level I ProEFI
$2,250

Includes:
ProEFI Computer
MAP Sensor (3.5, 5, or 7bar)
Wideband O2 Sensor with Gauge
Wire harness to jump from the factory ECU to the ProEFI unit.

This unit has adaptive capbilities, meaning that it learns and adjusts on the fly. We're very excited about this and look forward to supporting the 350z aftermarket with it.

Units will be shipping within approx 2 weeks.

Post any questions here in the thread or feel free to email Larry and I at
sales@spracingonline.com

Thanks
Chris
3 weeks ago you said it would be shipping in approx 2 weeks. Apparently it is not shipping yet. How close (realistically) is it from shipping?

Can you give a specific list of what functions will be included and operational in stage 1?

Since the Stage 1 does not control the throttle, does it still have traction control?

The level one unit will use an external wideband controller of your choice. The level 2 unit has dual internal controllers and will use either NTK or bosch wide band sensors.
Does the stage 1 include the UEGO control and sensor? Your post says that it includes the wide band controller of your chioce. So we could ask for the innovate LM1 with our ECU? Is the gauge you are speaking of the ProEFI gauge or will the wideband have a gauge as well? I am asking specifically about the gauge because elsewhere you said "Here is the 2 1/8" Can Gauge offered along with the Package for an additional $299." Is it included in the $2,250 price or is it $299 extra?

How does it control A/F ratios in adaptive control if you are only reading one side of the engine? Don't you need 2 for it to work?

Any screenshots of the software yet?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent this via PM waiting for response...

If I purchased this unit for my personal car, would you be able to add indivual injector dead time compensation maps for me?

This unit looks very promising, I have been following it, and saw what you posted today, if you really can add anything I need to the software I might just go this route instead of MoTeC.

Good luck, talk you to soon.

-George
Old 12-14-2007, 07:43 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Sent this via PM waiting for response...

If I purchased this unit for my personal car, would you be able to add indivual injector dead time compensation maps for me?

This unit looks very promising, I have been following it, and saw what you posted today, if you really can add anything I need to the software I might just go this route instead of MoTeC.

Good luck, talk you to soon.

-George

George, I talked to Jason about this and he said that he can do it..... but A) Wouldnt be too cheap and B) Why would you want this unless you are using vastly different injectors on different cylinders??
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

See my responses in your post below

Originally Posted by BlackStar
3 weeks ago you said it would be shipping in approx 2 weeks. Apparently it is not shipping yet. How close (realistically) is it from shipping?

As a dealer you are always at the mercy of a vendor. We hope to have our 350z box for our car to start testing in another week. We anticipate January for resale.

Can you give a specific list of what functions will be included and operational in stage 1?

Since the Stage 1 does not control the throttle, does it still have traction control?
it will retain the factory traction control.

Does the stage 1 include the UEGO control and sensor? Your post says that it includes the wide band controller of your chioce. So we could ask for the innovate LM1 with our ECU? Is the gauge you are speaking of the ProEFI gauge or will the wideband have a gauge as well? I am asking specifically about the gauge because elsewhere you said "Here is the 2 1/8" Can Gauge offered along with the Package for an additional $299." Is it included in the $2,250 price or is it $299 extra?
The gauge mentioned there is additional, what comes in the above price in my post is an AEM wideband gauge and sensor. The can gauge is a robust gauge to allow you to make changes to specific things like boost, anti-lag, etc...
How does it control A/F ratios in adaptive control if you are only reading one side of the engine? Don't you need 2 for it to work?

Any screenshots of the software yet?
We have the software and can show what that looks like, but it will not be what the enduser sees.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
rb26ina240

We are pleased to announce the pricing of the ProEFI EMS for the 350z. Another Engine Management option for the VQ Platform! There is another thread that discusses the ProEFI, however wanted to start a thread that focused on the pricing.

Here is the other thread in regards to functionality
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/300664-new-ems-for-350z.html

There will be 2 version of the ProEFI

-Level I works like the AEM, or FCON in that it piggybacks the factory ecu
and will not control DBW.

-Level II unit will control EVERYTHING. (This unit is not set to be released
until early 08.

Price for Level I ProEFI
$2,250

Includes:
ProEFI Computer
MAP Sensor (3.5, 5, or 7bar)
Wideband O2 Sensor with Gauge
Wire harness to jump from the factory ECU to the ProEFI unit.

This unit has adaptive capbilities, meaning that it learns and adjusts on the fly. We're very excited about this and look forward to supporting the 350z aftermarket with it.

Units will be shipping within approx 2 weeks.

Post any questions here in the thread or feel free to email Larry and I at
sales@spracingonline.com

Thanks
Chris
is this a 16, 32 or 64 bit? what series motorola processer?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Very cool products guys! Looking foward to using it. From a customers perspective I'd like to see screen shots just so we can understand what is going on the backround. HKS is an amazing product as well but many are frustrated by the inability to "see" its inner workings. Most of my customers don't tune their own cars but that's not to say they aren't impressed when I show them how the software works and how powerful it need to be to do the things you mentioned.

I'm also a little confused. On multiple occasions you've stated that the ECU will have gear based and speed based NOS and Boost control. An awesome feature BTW. The listing for the PRO48 states that there are NO speed inputs and NO Digital Inputs (those being to only two possible types of inputs required to measure wheel speed). Is the gear based boost control and NOS control limited to the 128?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:38 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

looks and sounds like it will be one of the big leagers...hope its tune and test results stand up to all the hype!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
BlackStar

See my responses in your post below
You missed this one:

And now that I see the details I have a few more questions:
I see that it only has 4 injector channels. So the base ProEFI will run my engine in batch mode only?

It has no cam control at all? is that left with the factory ECU?

How much extra is the datalogger (not laptop) and can I change the settings myself?

Is the $2250 cost tuned? if not, how much to tune it?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:31 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by rb26ina240
is this a 16, 32 or 64 bit? what series motorola processer?

32 bit.

56 MHz is the processor speed.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
Very cool products guys! Looking foward to using it. From a customers perspective I'd like to see screen shots just so we can understand what is going on the backround. HKS is an amazing product as well but many are frustrated by the inability to "see" its inner workings. Most of my customers don't tune their own cars but that's not to say they aren't impressed when I show them how the software works and how powerful it need to be to do the things you mentioned.

I'm also a little confused. On multiple occasions you've stated that the ECU will have gear based and speed based NOS and Boost control. An awesome feature BTW. The listing for the PRO48 states that there are NO speed inputs and NO Digital Inputs (those being to only two possible types of inputs required to measure wheel speed). Is the gear based boost control and NOS control limited to the 128?

I will get you a screen shot of the dealer software soon.

Yes, the gear/speed based boost control is limited to the 128 box. The 48 box can do a time based boost control triggered off of a clutch switch though which would work well for drag racing.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by BlackStar
You missed this one:

And now that I see the details I have a few more questions:
I see that it only has 4 injector channels. So the base ProEFI will run my engine in batch mode only?

It has no cam control at all? is that left with the factory ECU?

How much extra is the datalogger (not laptop) and can I change the settings myself?

Is the $2250 cost tuned? if not, how much to tune it?

Yes, the 48 box has dual wideband inputs but because of the batch fire, you will not be able to use the adaptive learning to control both banks independently. The 128 box obviously can do dual adaptive control. We have driven a car back to back with the 48 and 128 box in them and there is no drivability difference at all with the batch fire. Honestly both banks run almost identical a/f's so the dual control is not an issue either. However if you must have it, the 128 box will be out soon with that, DBW control. and cam control!!

With the 48 box, cam control and DBW are done by the factory computer.

The external logger is $1199 and I will have more info on this soon!!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
BlackStar

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
Yes, the 48 box has dual wideband inputs but because of the batch fire, you will not be able to use the adaptive learning to control both banks independently. The 128 box obviously can do dual adaptive control. We have driven a car back to back with the 48 and 128 box in them and there is no drivability difference at all with the batch fire. Honestly both banks run almost identical a/f's so the dual control is not an issue either. However if you must have it, the 128 box will be out soon with that, DBW control. and cam control!!

With the 48 box, cam control and DBW are done by the factory computer.

The external logger is $1199 and I will have more info on this soon!!
Can I raise the rev limiter with this box or will I still need to reflash my stock ECU to do this?

Is the $2250 tuned or untuned? if untuned, how much are you charging to tune it?.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:55 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
Yes, the 48 box has dual wideband inputs but because of the batch fire, you will not be able to use the adaptive learning to control both banks independently.
Batch fire for $2250? Wow not what I expected from such a new unit. I realize it doesn't make any difference for WOT but for idle and cruising that is a huge fuel saver.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
Batch fire for $2250? Wow not what I expected from such a new unit. I realize it doesn't make any difference for WOT but for idle and cruising that is a huge fuel saver.
For the uninformed.. Batch fire??

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!