Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:16 AM
IslandZavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Thats the story I hear from everyone that did an FI stock block setup with every shop with a bad name. Even the customers of MrS who have stock block FI say they no issues....Its the customers that get their motors build that usually have problems with blown motors ..then finding out that the parts they paid for were not installed. You were one of the lucky ones I guess Nissan gets credit for building a good motor....not those con men !!!
thats why im glued to shop builds. Im taking my time with my build to research/plan like a **** for parts/setups that work, so i can take it to my shop and when its all said and done DO WORK!!!........ Id be sooo pissed to drop a few more grand in the car and not have fun with it like i did stock block style. My old lady even asked me whats the hold-up on my build ..lol

Last edited by IslandZavage; 09-29-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
As bad as the vid from 2 years ago looks... I'm not gonna condemn JT for that one just yet. Like JZurita said, there was just too much doubt about The Shop and their possible role in the condition of that motor.
I'm more interested in seeing the vid from Saturday's teardown at VTR. This was JT's chance at a redo. Aside from attempting to cast blame on Jon for blowing up his own motor, there is no other shop that JT can use as a scapegoat.

Hurry up and post that vid!!!
i do.. as Jon said.. per the phone convo they had with JT.. he couldn't place blame on 'the shop' .. he blamed it on his tech.. and then decided to take the motor back.. so this was prior to JT getting the motor and the car back..

the shop is a shady shop, but they wouldn't stoop to the level of swapping motors .. besides.. they hardly have any G/350z customers to even screw up their reputation anymore by pulling something stupid like that..
Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 AM
JZurita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR

JZ...is that a stock RX7 in the pic??
That's Collin's beast-of-a-go-cart-RX7.

I think he's pushing 450+whp.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 AM
JZurita

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Jon, please take your time and use new parts. Otherwise, you will always live in doubt about whether or not I should have re-used those pistons, or rods, or whatever. Its worth the peace of mind to only use new parts on a complete rebuild.

Just my .02
I have to give this some serious thought. I remember talking to you back in '07 about this whole thing. You were right then and you're probably right now.

PM me your phone # again. I wanted to get your opinion on something.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
thats why im glued to shop builds. Im taking my time with my build to research/plan like a ****........ Id be sooo pissed to drop a few more grand in the car and not have fun with it like i did stock block style. My old lady even asked me whats the hold-up on my build ..lol
Just pic a shop that will stand behind their work and you will be fine...There is a hiad full on here that I would send my car to...

Intense, GTM, Forged, Injected, Sound, SpeedForce....I dont know much about AAM besides they are doing a great job with the GTR.

Originally Posted by JZurita
That's Collin's beast-of-a-go-cart-RX7.

I think he's pushing 450+whp.
Check PM

Last edited by XKR; 09-29-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
i do.. as Jon said.. per the phone convo they had with JT.. he couldn't place blame on 'the shop' .. he blamed it on his tech.. and then decided to take the motor back.. so this was prior to JT getting the motor and the car back..

the shop is a shady shop, but they wouldn't stoop to the level of swapping motors .. besides.. they hardly have any G/350z customers to even screw up their reputation anymore by pulling something stupid like that..
My comment was based on Jon's speculation that The Shop may have blown the motor themselves and pulled the motor back out. Based off of Jon's story, it sounds like The Shop was acting very shady with him as well and was not pleased that he outsourced the motor in the first place (*motive). However... I do suspect, like you, that Jon didn't get what he paid for from PF, but I'm trying to rule out variables and look at this as I would professionally in any other investigation I do.

And I do think it's pretty damned suspicious that JT insisted he built it himself and then changed his story to blame one of his techs.

IMO this latest teardown will be the more definitive and damning case against JT, if the results indicate poor workmanship/assembly and fraudulent parts content.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 09-29-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
i don't think he meant before Coach and JT started a shop.. i think he meant how Coach always believed in JT and always thought we were ganging up on JT

and you're right.. alot of times i calmed down and kept my mouth shut in respect for coach
i dont think you are the only one that has held back in particular because of coachk....kinda hate seein him involved in all this....i am guessing the new business is keeping him quite busy since i havent seen him posting that much lately.

As bad as the vid from 2 years ago looks... I'm not gonna condemn JT for that one just yet. Like JZurita said, there was just too much doubt about The Shop and their possible role in the condition of that motor.

I'm more interested in seeing the vid from Saturday's teardown at VTR. This was JT's chance at a redo. Aside from attempting to cast blame on Jon for blowing up his own motor, there is no other shop that JT can use as a scapegoat.

Hurry up and post that vid!!!
well its being too kind prob ably to give that much benefit of the doubt, but its old anyways, and the OP knows he is jsut spicing things up with a 07 video of when the drama started.....it appears he has more evidence(sat teardown) to show that would make that other video look lame..

Originally Posted by XKR
Thats the story I hear from everyone that did an FI stock block setup with every shop with a bad name. Even the customers of MrS who have stock block FI say they no issues....Its the customers that get their motors build that usually have problems with blown motors ..then finding out that the parts they paid for were not installed. You were one of the lucky ones I guess Nissan gets credit for building a good motor....not those con men !!!
lol yeah... well not eatirely factual....i dont think the white G he burned had build block right?

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Jon, please take your time and use new parts. Otherwise, you will always live in doubt about whether or not I should have re-used those pistons, or rods, or whatever. Its worth the peace of mind to only use new parts on a complete rebuild.

Just my .02
this is unfortanatly my feel too, but OP its fair to check on all the components and i am sure yourtuner/Vinny will not try to get you to use a part the he has no confidence in it anymore anyways.....it is possible something might be salvageble. Some parts are too important to risk it though...again just discuss this with your-tuner/vinny and what ever his advice is.

edit. i too wonder where are the FL d00ds?.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 09-29-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by r0mey
mike you start this thread as the OP since you are well known Ill sticky it
Doing this is very much appreciated. Now that almost all of the shop builds have been deleted except for 1 pages worth all new users have nothing at all to go by when deciding what kit or shop to use or what is proven. In the past i remember being able to spend hours reading past build posts and everyones comments now that is no more..
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 AM
XKR

Jorge.....Let me say it a different way.....Not all the customers with Stock blocks have issues with their cars when dealing with the well known conmen on here Its when they have to open up your motor the rappage begins

Last edited by XKR; 09-29-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:00 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Doing this is very much appreciated. Now that almost all of the shop builds have been deleted except for 1 pages worth all new users have nothing at all to go by when deciding what kit or shop to use or what is proven. In the past i remember being able to spend hours reading past build posts and everyones comments now that is no more..
They are not deleted. You just have to change the date at the bottom of the search frame.

John good luck with ur build
Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by XKR
Jorge.....Let me say it a different way.....Not all the customers with Stock blocks have issues with their cars when dealing with the well known conmen on here Its when they have to open up your motor the rappage begins

+1

(rehashing this post)

Any shop can do bolt-ons. A stock block FI install isn't a true test of a shop's capabilities. I LOL and when I see stock block customers being the most vocal nuthuggers and sh*t talkers for their shop as if their ~400whp stock block "build" is a testament to that shop's greatness.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:18 AM
IslandZavage

Originally Posted by XKR
Just pic a shop that will stand behind their work and you will be fine...There is a hiad full on here that I would send my car to...

Intense, GTM, Forged, Injected, Sound, SpeedForce....I dont know much about AAM besides they are doing a great job with the GTR.
Im worried more about the setup/parts. Im gonna be going with Shop-Roger@Japtrix for the build. Always took care of me and never had an issue and i 1st hand have seen some of the cars he works on. Plus there local to me so that save's a few potential headaches. He goes to the track events and its nice to have support/advice right there if/when u need it. There are other shops here that i would goto. Forged always helped me out and gets me parts quick/fast when i need them, and Shariff has given me good advice when i call up for a question on a part i need to order.

Some of the other shops are cool, but some are straight up *******s on the phone (i was very disappointed after those experiences having heard good things about them )and im not giving my money to an *******.

Last edited by IslandZavage; 09-29-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Im worried more about the setup/parts. Im gonna be going with Shop-Roger@Japtrix for the build. Always took care of me and never had an issue and i 1st hand have seen some of the cars he works on. Plus there local to me so that save's a few potential headaches. He goes to the track events and its nice to have support/advice right there if/when u need it. There are other shops here that i would goto. Forged always helped me out and gets me parts quick/fast when i need them, and Shariff has given me good advice when i call up for a question on a part i need to order.

Some of the other shops are cool, but some are straight up *******s on the phone (i was very disappointed after those experiences having heard good things about them )and im not giving my money to an *******.
HP Logic also another option for you https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-hp-logic.html
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
+1

(rehashing this post)
I agree with Eric's post....I also laughed when the stock block came on here defending our star conman.....Lawchick is the first that comes to mind.

Dont get me wrong....I am not saying that shops i did not list are not good....I was just giving a list of shops that "I" would trust with MY car. Best of luck with your plans.... Post up when you have it completed.

Last edited by XKR; 09-29-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by r0mey
They are not deleted. You just have to change the date at the bottom of the search frame.

John good luck with ur build

nice thanx .... didnt even notice!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Chudson coupe

And lets add PF Supercars to the list. they are at the top of my list.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 AM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by weelman1
I was there when PF finished this Beautiful car & I also noticed cris max car on the lift, along with a few other members cars. My wife & I had a long chat with the PF guys & they seemed to be stand up people. My local "machinest" dropped the ball & after visiting this shop we were convinced to have them (PF) build my motor. By the time I got the short block from my sad azz machinest to ship to PF, PF had closed it's doors for good Ohwell maybe I lucked up

I sure as hell hope the current shop will build you a "real" engine.
Best of luck to you.
My car was there forever!!!!

I am sh!tting my pants right now after reading this stuff. I have no complaints as of right now because my car is running fine and feels fast as ****, but if i paid for parts and they were not installed in my motor i will flip out. I have already come to the decision that if this motor blows i am putting in a LS2.

Last edited by chris'smax; 09-30-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
IIQuickSilverII

^^
you should come up to the decision that if your motor blows you shoudl have 3rd party inspection 1st
Old 09-30-2009, 10:21 AM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
^^
you should come up to the decision that if your motor blows you shoudl have 3rd party inspection 1st
that will be sharif. That is only other person i have and will let touch my car
Old 09-30-2009, 10:33 AM
JZurita

Originally Posted by chris'smax
My car was there forever!!!!

I am sh!tting my pants right now after reading this stuff. I have no complaints as of right now because my car is running fine and feels fast as ****, but if i paid for parts and they were not installed in my motor i will flip out. I have already come to the decision that if this motor blows i am putting in a LS2.
I would seriously consider getting a FULL INSPECTION/FACELIFT done right now. Don't wait till it's too late.

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane