Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

weed wacker+rocks= f'ed up paint!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 03:43 PM
N74DV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weed wacker+rocks= f'ed up paint!

the house next door has been up for sale for 6 months. The weeds have grown to 4 feet tall. It's hideous. So finally someone buys the place and hires this dude to clean up the yard.

Well.. Saturday morning I wake up to the sound of crap hitting my garage door. It sounded like rocks. I go outside to find this jackass weedwacking all the weeds. Problem is the weeds are in a rock yard. There must have been over 300 rocks all over my driveway. several rocks were sitting on top of my Z. Upon closer inspection I see multiple chips in the paint. Some down to the primer. I look at my girlfriends '02 Beetle and see a huge a$$ door ding with a paint chip down to the primer right in the middle of it. I also see multiple chips on her car too.

This a$$hole was weedwacking less than 6 feet away and rocks were literally bombarding our vehicles.

So I go over there and call this dickweed outside. He's a redneck no tooth ****** ****er with scrappy looking hair. Looks like he has an IQ of about 8. I say "dude what's the deal with weed wacking next to my cars?" .... "you just chipped and dinged the $hit out of them both" He says "I didn't do anything"

This goes on for about 30 minutes. I called this guy names I have never said before. It got VERY heated. VERY VERY heated. The owner of the house comes out and is like "whats the probelm" I tell him what happened and he very quickly pushes the blame on redneck ****er and walks away. Redneck stupid ****er says "screw off dude.... take me to court if you want anything from me" He then proceeds to use his leaf blower to blow all the weed dust and clippings all over the street and into my yard.

Basically I'm ****ed. I am going to file a small claims action against billy bob toothless dick**** but I know he doesn't have $20 to his name so it's going to be useless.... but I'm doing it anyway.

I got his address and I know what car he drives. In a couple months when things cool off I'm going to get vigilante on him.

whatta ****ing weekend this has been.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Pusha Z
Banned

take that f#cker to court
Old 03-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Silverstone_350

you can try the court... vigilante style sounds cool but i think everybody knows the consequences of that (and I'm not talking about extreme pleasure)
Old 03-28-2004, 04:43 PM
EL Diablo

Really sucks to hear that
Hopefully you can get the dents removed and after a good detailing maybe you wont be able to see the damage as much.

Take lots of pics and sue the owner of the property.

Good Luck
Old 03-28-2004, 05:16 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would imagine that the property owner is responsible, since the worker was acting as an "agent" under his hire....I'd investigate going after your new neighbor if I were you.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:35 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that sucks. Sue the owner,thats the only way to get back. And for the ******* who did the damage,**** up his property. Anyway i just got this minor rock chip on the driver side door! I have no idea how I got it. **** happens!
Old 03-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Donald0730

I guess that neighbor can forget about his welcoming gift.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Z Shadow

I have to say I probably would have gone postal, not with a gun though

I would have brought out my weedwacker and given that piece of sh&t a few wacks.

To me my car is almost as important as my wife and I know if somebody did her harm I do what i could to harm them back

But you did the right thing, I wish we could do it like the old west, but you'd end up in jail and he would haved sued your a$$ for probably a million or so.

Can I get a Hell Yeah for friggin Lawyers

Just venting

Sorry about your car

Old 03-28-2004, 08:31 PM
N74DV

here are a few shots I took of this guy. I wanted to get a couple pics of his car for future reference if ya know what I mean....

here he is getting in his car... this was taken as I was calling him a ****ing toothless no brain redneck.... he just ignored me and put his glasses on

and here he is pulling away speedily. I was approaching the rear passenger side window and was going to spit onhim but he pulled out to quickly.

Last edited by N74DV; 03-28-2004 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:45 PM
wren57
Banned

Originally posted by kcobean
I would imagine that the property owner is responsible, since the worker was acting as an "agent" under his hire....I'd investigate going after your new neighbor if I were you.

Sounds like we got a lawyer here (or at least someone who studies law). I agree entirely, if the weed-wacker is working under contract of your neighbor, then the neighbor is liable. He gave "implied right" or whatever it is called for the worker to do what was needed to clear the weeds; he decided to wack the weeds, and in turn hit your car with rocks as collateral damage. It is your neighbors fault, and he is liable.

Think of it this way; A UPS truck is going down the road, a box falls off and hits a car. UPS is liable for the damage, as UPS gave the driver the right to do what was needed to accomplish the task of delivering packages ie; driving. Even though the driver may have been negligent in loading a box, causing it to fall, UPS would still holy the overlording liability...
Old 03-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Silverstone_350

the dude doesn't look very redneckish...
Old 03-28-2004, 09:06 PM
N74DV

Originally posted by Silverstone_350

the dude doesn't look very redneckish...
the pics were taken a while after he did the deed. In the pics he has a bandana on but earlier in the day he had cutoff shorts a nascar T-shirt (no kidding) and no bandana. his hair is long and scraggly looking. he has like 4 teeth and talks like a 5 yr old.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:07 PM
samw1978

wow that redneck's got a nice car!!!

Take it to the court I'll say, make that ******* work his **** off to pay ya!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:13 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Dood... hope things work out for you.

If you do decide to go the vigilante route, let us know how it goes. Just tell us a friend "told you what he would've done"... we'll get the picture.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:54 AM
CLS

That sucks! Nice Z71 in the background though.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:21 AM
scottycoyote

actually the property owner prob isnt liable.......its true sometimes your employees can be held liable for stuff they do for you cuz they are acting as your "agent"........but usually landowners hire someone to do subcontract work for them......which makes the subcontractor liable for his own work and/or screwups.
No i aint a lawyer but i have rental property and ive dealt with stuff like this b4.
take him to court.......get a judgement, if he works somewhere you can garnishee his wages.....if not you can put liens againt his personal property (volvo), and generally f**k up his credit.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:33 PM
CLS

In that case though, wouldnt the subcontractor be liable to an extent but the owner is ultimately liable for any damage. So if the weed wacker guy vanishes, they would be able to go after the owner. If I was the new neighbor I think I would try and help you out so as to not start off on bad terms.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Strife350z

omg... dude, i can't believe what happened... do you have any pics of your cars?

sorry to hear man