Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: Dallas Shops: Update with experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:17 PM
CRZYRUSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All body work!!!!! David Williams Paint and Body in Arlington. Shop looks like a mom and pop garage but these guys have been doing work for years. Tell them Russell sent you. Great prices and perfect work.

Experience: They have done all my body work and it has come out perfect. my z is ppw and color match is perfect. These guys rock. Check em out. I dont know them personally except for getting my work done there, so im not trying to hook a friend up. But when you get outstanding work done you gotta share. And the pricing is great
Old 09-24-2011, 02:14 AM
350_captain

I know a great place to get body work at. Steves Automotive Refinish. Its in North Fort Worth, kinda hard to get to his shop but his work is legit! He re-cleared my CF hood for $100, professionally blacked out my taillights $120 , re-cleared my headlights $140, Blacked out all my badges $40, painted and mounted my new front bumper. Great prices and excellent work. Heres some of his work on my z.

Before:

By lilx3456 at 2011-09-24

After:

Old 12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
rayvendawn

I am needing to find a shop that can clean the inside of my headlight and reseal it, I am debating on selling my car over this because I can't find anyone that can fix it. I have clear tape all over my headlight at the moment just to keep the water out. :/
Old 04-02-2012, 11:42 AM
mlaw92

Originally Posted by rayvendawn
I am needing to find a shop that can clean the inside of my headlight and reseal it, I am debating on selling my car over this because I can't find anyone that can fix it. I have clear tape all over my headlight at the moment just to keep the water out. :/
I have this same problem. I went to AutoZone and bought some headlight cleaner for 10 bucks, worked like a charm. As far as the condensation goes, why don't you take sealant and just reseal the headlight? Especially if you know where the leak is, you just reseal that part. This is a 20$ fix, no need to sell your car over it!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:01 PM
13ino13

Originally Posted by moog
J&M Paint & Body
2244 Larson Lane
Suite 107
Dallas, TX 75299

The shop is run by a good guy named Jose. He's done a few jobs for me in the past, and I've always had great results. I just picked up my car last night from getting my roof repainted. I had it painted black two years ago, and the original guy used too much hardener. This led to the paint cracking and flaking off pretty bad. I took it to Jose who stripped the paint down to metal and resprayed it to perfection. He also painted some valve covers and battery covers all for a very reasonable price.

He's done several full resprays for 16niss show cars, and all have come out immaculate. I've referred several other auto enthusiasts to get miscellaneous jobs done such as body kits, fender benders, fender rolling, and touch ups. He can do factory color, custom mixed colors, custom pearls, or any combination you can think of.

He's located right down the street from Lamborghini of Dallas (Royal/35). Give him a call at 214-392-2127. He may not always pick up, as he may be in the paint booth or something. So best bet is to call back 15-30 minutes later if you don't get an answer.

Because of this post, I dropped off my Aerosync bumper to him yesterday. He told me to call thursday or friday I was surprised it'd be that soon He seems like a good guy and definitely offered me a good price I couldn't pass up. I'll post some pictures of my PPW bumper when it's done.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:32 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 13ino13
Because of this post, I dropped off my Aerosync bumper to him yesterday. He told me to call thursday or friday I was surprised it'd be that soon He seems like a good guy and definitely offered me a good price I couldn't pass up. I'll post some pictures of my PPW bumper when it's done.
I would love to see pics, maybe even check it out in person if you're down for it. I'm going to have some paint work done before too long and I always wonder about someone matching PPW correctly.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:09 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Hey 13ino13,

Did you get your bumper back?
Old 08-20-2012, 05:15 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

I've always heard good things about J&M, but things can always change. It's been a few years, but that's who I was thinking about going to for some spray tinting on my taillights. Never ended up doing it though.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
banshee

Anyone know of a reputable place (preferably closer to FTW) to attempt a fix on my HVAC/Head unit module? Was intermittent for a while and conched out about a year ago, but haven't driven the coupe much until recently. I miss having radio and control over the climate!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:42 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by banshee
Anyone know of a reputable place (preferably closer to FTW) to attempt a fix on my HVAC/Head unit module? Was intermittent for a while and conched out about a year ago, but haven't driven the coupe much until recently. I miss having radio and control over the climate!
I would say fuses, but if it was intermittent then it may be as easy as changing out the HVAC controls. I had that similar issue in another vehicle. Maybe check with the dealership for a diagnosis and part number(s). One of us locals could probably do the work so you wouldn't have to pay dealership labor.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 AM
banshee

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
I would say fuses, but if it was intermittent then it may be as easy as changing out the HVAC controls. I had that similar issue in another vehicle. Maybe check with the dealership for a diagnosis and part number(s). One of us locals could probably do the work so you wouldn't have to pay dealership labor.
I talked to someone at CIN back when I was in Charlotte (great place to have Z's/Gc's worked on). He said that there was one circuit board shared between the head unit and HVAC. He said that usually when they go bad they're toast, but said I might just have some wiring issues since it was intermittent. Good idea trying to find a part number. The circuit board is upwards of $450 so obviously a cheaper option would be awesome.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM
13ino13

Hey 13ino13,

Did you get your bumper back?
Sorry I'm 4 months late. If you still want to meet up and check out the paint job I'm willing to meet with you.

He took a week or 2 longer than he said he would but I told him to take his time and that I wasn't in a rush. I didn't want him fu<king $hit up due to me being hasty.

I wouldn't say he matched it. Although i'm not sure if he's to blame. At the time, it was my only car and so I left only the bumper and the gas cover so that he could try and match it with only the gas cover.

When I picked up the bumper, it looked beautiful. I mean, the guy does quality work, that's for sure. The problem was that the previous owner wrecked the front and took it to a quick-fix shop that got him a new bumper, paint, and blended it, for less than 300 dollars.. There was over-spray on the headlights, wheel well, wheels and tires, but those parts are all replaced and sort of forgot about it. When I put the new painted bumper on, it was obvious how bad the previous paint job was.

I planned to take the car back to him and have him blend it but my studies got in the way and haven't had a chance. But now that schools out though, and I also have a second car, I might just make a trip over there and see what he can do.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd wait till I had another car and just have him paint the whole car. Like I said, the man can paint.

As far as prices goes, he charged a little more at the end because he supposedly had to do another layer due to pinholes showing up. That was the only downside to the whole experience. Nonetheless I believe it was still a good price for the quality of work and I'd still recommend him.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Thanks for the response man. I'm in no hurry for paint work now since I've got so many other projects and costs right now, but I'd like to check it out for sure. We really need to have a big Z meet anyway.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
mikes10

your car looked perfect to me eric ^^
Old 01-25-2013, 02:53 PM
13ino13

Thanks for the response man. I'm in no hurry for paint work now since I've got so many other projects and costs right now, but I'd like to check it out for sure. We really need to have a big Z meet anyway.
So much for the holidays. It went by too quick.

We really should, I have 3 other friends who also have a white Z (one is bone stock), and a customer who orders food from the restaurant I work at who also has a white Z, and a friend who has a black one. The customer said there are meets the first Friday of every month at a shop in Saginaw off main st I believe. What part of Fort Worth do you stay at?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
hondatonissan

Well its time to replace my diff bushings, is there any shop in dfw area that can install them for me without chopping my arms and legs off? i called JOTECH and they wanted to charge me $ 400 just the labor. pls help andThank you in advance

Last edited by hondatonissan; 01-29-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Originally Posted by hondatonissan
Well its time to replace my diff bushings, is there any shop in dfw area that can install them for me without chopping my arms and legs off? i called JOTECH and they wanted to charge me $ 400 just the labor. pls help andThank you in advance
PM Acid Jake on here, not sure how much he charges. he may or may not be interested but doesnt hurt to ask.

on a personal note, i wouldnt let jotech touch my car EVER. too many horror stories from effed up clutch installs to bad tunes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by 13ino13
So much for the holidays. It went by too quick.

We really should, I have 3 other friends who also have a white Z (one is bone stock), and a customer who orders food from the restaurant I work at who also has a white Z, and a friend who has a black one. The customer said there are meets the first Friday of every month at a shop in Saginaw off main st I believe. What part of Fort Worth do you stay at?
I'm in north Fort Worth right by Keller.

Originally Posted by hondatonissan
Definitely get ahold of AcidJake.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:42 AM
David_2613

Originally Posted by travlee9374

on a personal note, i wouldnt let jotech touch my car EVER. too many horror stories from effed up clutch installs to bad tunes
Through the first 7 pages of this thread, JoTech was THE place to take your Z.

What happened?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 PM
tcw015

so is there anywhere in Texas to get an SC install?

Quick Reply: [DFW]: Dallas Shops: Update with experience