Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

When is the next Z event in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:32 PM
VENOMSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When is the next Z event in Houston?

Anybody have any idea when there will be another Z event/cruise/meet?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:11 PM
creed

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
Anybody have any idea when there will be another Z event/cruise/meet?
Stay tuned - Silvrhand will be posting something any minute for next Saturday...
Old 07-02-2007, 04:56 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

I have something planned for this weekend at 6PM. It will be in the Kemah area so there will be plenty of things to do after/before such as.

- shopping (for the significant others or girl z owners)
- food (chili's, chik fila, taco cabana, kemah boardwalk)
- kemah boardwalk (rides, games, etc, etc)

Basically every saturday a bunch and I mean quite a few cars show up @ Home Depot, you have everything from vettes to old ford fairlanes, and even an orginal GT40 that shows up.

I was hoping to get 10/15 people to show up with their Z's as there currently isn't a lot of Z presence.\

The list of people coming:

- Silvrhand (John) 1995 300ZX TT
- Creed 2005 350z
Old 07-02-2007, 06:24 AM
davidf

Or this. PRESTIGE MOTORSPORTS New Facility and 1st Annual Custom Car show July 1st!! It was postponed till the 8th.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:24 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by silvrhand
I have something planned for this weekend at 6PM. It will be in the Kemah area so there will be plenty of things to do after/before such as.

- shopping (for the significant others or girl z owners)
- food (chili's, chik fila, taco cabana, kemah boardwalk)
- kemah boardwalk (rides, games, etc, etc)

Basically every saturday a bunch and I mean quite a few cars show up @ Home Depot, you have everything from vettes to old ford fairlanes, and even an orginal GT40 that shows up.

I was hoping to get 10/15 people to show up with their Z's as there currently isn't a lot of Z presence.
Shoot me a text John, when you have something going on.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:50 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

Originally Posted by davidf
Or this. PRESTIGE MOTORSPORTS New Facility and 1st Annual Custom Car show July 1st!! It was postponed till the 8th.
I doubt they'll have the mirage of cars that this show has, it'd be nice to see a lot of cars outside the sphere or normal cars.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vo7848
Shoot me a text John, when you have something going on.
If John is involved.....forgetaboutit!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:29 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

Originally Posted by TruBluZ
If John is involved.....forgetaboutit!
I wish I could get out more just work is a lot right now, but instead of thinking of something every month I'm just going to try a reocurring monthly meet.

I have a .pdf created, need to upload it but the firewall at work is pissing me off.

Z Club of Houston Meet:

This weekend I decided to try to gather some folks for a meet, I am welcome to any and all cars to show up but since I own a 300ZX TT, this is mostly the crowd that is getting the notification. Please feel free to send it to whoever else is interested. There will be a wide variety of cars from old ford fairlanes to brand new Z06 corvettes. The car show is every weekend, I don’t plan on going every weekend but I wouldn’t mind going once a month and plan on trying this for 3 months.

Date & Time:
July 7th 6:00 PM
Aug 4th 6:00 PM
Sep 1st 6:00 PM

Clearlake Shores, TX 77565

I would like to try to keep all the Z’s in this area so if you come out you can find us at the location above from our local satellite shot. Here is a shot of where you can an idea of the location. It’s on the SE side of Houston as you can see from the follow maps.

Over the last two years a multitude of cars show up here on Saturday starting at around 5PM, and will last till around 10PM. It’s a very large parking lot for Home Depot & Super Target.

Food:

- Chilis (wife’s favorite)
- Chik-Fil-A
- Taco Cabana
- Beer Garden (Great Burgers and Beer)
- Wendy’s
- IHOP (International House of Pancakes)

This is also the location for the Kemah Boardwalk, which is a nice place to go after you get tired of looking at cars and take your significant other to a nice dinner as well.

Please email me at john@strangeness.org if you have any comments/questions, or concerns. I hope to see everyone out there.

- John
Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 PM
creed

Anyone wanna meet somewhere and have a nice cruise there?
I remember last year, about 10 of us met on the north loop and caravaned down to Sylvan Beach...
Old 07-03-2007, 05:24 AM
nexstage350

sounds cool
Old 07-03-2007, 07:10 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

I wish I could get out more just work is a lot right now, but instead of thinking of something every month I'm just going to try a reocurring monthly meet.

I have a .pdf created, need to upload it but the firewall at work is pissing me off.

Z Club of Houston Meet:

This weekend I decided to try to gather some folks for a meet, I am welcome to any and all cars to show up but since I own a 300ZX TT, this is mostly the crowd that is getting the notification. Please feel free to send it to whoever else is interested. There will be a wide variety of cars from old ford fairlanes to brand new Z06 corvettes. The car show is every weekend, I don’t plan on going every weekend but I wouldn’t mind going once a month and plan on trying this for 3 months.

Date & Time:
July 7th 6:00 PM
Aug 4th 6:00 PM
Sep 1st 6:00 PM

Clearlake Shores, TX 77565

I would like to try to keep all the Z’s in this area so if you come out you can find us at the location above from our local satellite shot. Here is a shot of where you can an idea of the location. It’s on the SE side of Houston as you can see from the follow maps.

Over the last two years a multitude of cars show up here on Saturday starting at around 5PM, and will last till around 10PM. It’s a very large parking lot for Home Depot & Super Target.

Food:

- Chilis (wife’s favorite)
- Chik-Fil-A
- Taco Cabana
- Beer Garden (Great Burgers and Beer)
- Wendy’s
- IHOP (International House of Pancakes)

This is also the location for the Kemah Boardwalk, which is a nice place to go after you get tired of looking at cars and take your significant other to a nice dinner as well.

Please email me at john@strangeness.org if you have any comments/questions, or concerns. I hope to see everyone out there.

- John
Hey John,
This meet is still going on? i thought it was a one time thing
(not every saturday)
i live across the street from there so making it shouldn't be a problem
(cept' work)
i rarely see any modified Z's over here....lots of stock ones though. last time i went to this meet there was a lot of hot rods and domestics...felt like an outcast so i left early.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

It goes on ever saturday for the summer, I was hoping to get the Z's out there once a month. It's a great spot with lots of things to do, plenty of room too.

I live about 2 miles from there btw.

Originally Posted by stogey420time
Hey John,
This meet is still going on? i thought it was a one time thing
(not every saturday)
i live across the street from there so making it shouldn't be a problem
(cept' work)
i rarely see any modified Z's over here....lots of stock ones though. last time i went to this meet there was a lot of hot rods and domestics...felt like an outcast so i left early.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:45 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

I have created a .PDF with some basic details and instructions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
zclubmeet.pdf (136.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 07-03-2007, 03:03 PM
R3VAN
Banned

Originally Posted by creed
Anyone wanna meet somewhere and have a nice cruise there?
I remember last year, about 10 of us met on the north loop and caravaned down to Sylvan Beach...
I'd like to cruise on up there. I think it would be cool to have most of those Z's showing up together instead of just trickling in every 10 or so minutes. If you plan on doing so, then PM me and wherever you want to meet I'll be there.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:01 AM
VENOMSZ

No doubt, let's meet up and cruise together.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:50 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

I'll meet and cruise from I-45 South/610 we can meet there at about 5:00PM, I'll start another post about it, spread the word though let's get more people involved. I will put up a new PDF with the cruise information shortly.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:58 AM
R3VAN
Banned

I'll meet and cruise from I-45 South/610 we can meet there at about 5:00PM, I'll start another post about it, spread the word though let's get more people involved. I will put up a new PDF with the cruise information shortly.
Theres a new Best Buy store over there behind the Gulfgate Center. It has a HUGE parking lot, so plenty of room for us to meet up and just roll out from there.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:30 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Ya'll talking bout this Saturday coming up? If so, can't make it...work owns me, maybe next time.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 AM
creed

Ok, time is running out - where do we meet? Any place near Gulfgate is good and central. John says 5PM, so who all's going to meet and cruise? Add you name to the list, then all we need is a final place to meet in that area.

Silvrhand
Creed
Old 07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
R3VAN
Banned

I get paid tommorow, and Im off this weekend, so hell yes Im going!
And again, I recommend we meet up at the Best Buy at 610 & I-45, because that parking lot is way too huge for that Best Buy. It probably has over 400 parking spaces, and at the most Ive seen used up is maybe 40 or 50. It also keeps going out a good deal away from the store, so we'd be out of the way. Its better than meeting up in the Gulfgate center where its jam packed all the time.

Silvrhand
Creed
R3VAN

Quick Reply: When is the next Z event in Houston?