Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Thinking about buying work meisters need help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:12 AM
sfhshockey77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A guy that lives an hour from me is selling a set of work meisters for a pretty good price. They are 18x10 +30 in front and 18x11.5 +37 in the rear. Will these fit nicely on my Z? I have my fenders rolled as well. If they will I'm going to meet him tonight, thanks guys

Last edited by sfhshockey77; 12-01-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:14 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sfhshockey77
A guy that lives an hour from me is selling a set of work meisters for a pretty good price. They are 18x10 +30 in front and 18x11.5 +37 in the rear. Will these fit nicely on my Z? If they will I'm going to meet him tonight, thanks guys
I think the lower the offset the better for the z. You will need spacers for the front and rear. But I could be wrong I'm going off memory.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:10 AM
sfhshockey77

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
I think the lower the offset the better for the z. You will need spacers for the front and rear. But I could be wrong I'm going off memory.
Yeah idk I'm bad with offsets. He had them on a s2000 and said he had them on a Z before and they fit nicely. I've been doing research tho and it seems like they may not be good but I'm not sure
Old 12-01-2014, 08:15 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If the bolt pattern is the same as yours, they'll fit with no problem. Unless you're slammed, you won't need a roll because those offsets are SUPER DUPER weak. Actually, slam the **** out of it. You still won't need a roll. If you don't want them to look like a sunken battleship, I'd get 25mm spacers all around.

Last edited by driftsucky; 12-01-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:18 AM
sfhshockey77

Originally Posted by driftsucky
If the bolt pattern is the same as yours, they'll fit with no problem. Unless you're slammed, you won't need a roll because those offsets are SUPER DUPER weak. If you don't want them to look like a sunken battleship, I'd get 25mm spacers all around.
My car is pretty low on bcbr extreme low kit coilovers. Fenders are already rolled. 25 mm spacers will fill it in nicely on a slammed Z?
Old 12-01-2014, 08:55 AM
driftsucky

You don't NEED the spacers to make them fit. The spacers are simply to push them out towards the fenders so they don't look so sunken in.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:56 AM
voltexz

Personally I wouldn't buy them. Spacers that large just don't sit right with me. Biggest i'd run is like 10-15mm MAX.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:04 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,049 Likes on 6,515 Posts

i would just buy wheels with a better offset, but that is just me
Old 12-01-2014, 09:13 AM
sfhshockey77

Originally Posted by travlee
i would just buy wheels with a better offset, but that is just me
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Just wanted to see what other people thought because they're in excellent condition with tires for a good price. Plus no shipping and I get to see them in person before buying. These are the exact wheels I want though, that's why I'm torn between what to do. Just wish it was a better offset

Last edited by sfhshockey77; 12-01-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:14 AM
driftsucky

Meh. The spacers aren't a big deal. but, buying legit wheels, having a slammed Z, and the fact that the OP mentioned offset leads me to believe that he wants that stancecanibeathellaflushnationworks look. If you're just wondering if the wheels will fit, yeah. They'll be fine. They'll sit much like stock wheels though...so tuckage will be strong.

Also, you have to be EXTREMELY low to worry about fenders with 18's or have very tall tires. MOST people with 18's are either using them functionally (in which case you'd know everything you just asked) or they're not in Z/G's. VERY few people do 18's in our cars (with "stance") because of how low you have to be to make them look right. So, just keep that in mind.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:29 AM
sfhshockey77

Meh. The spacers aren't a big deal. but, buying legit wheels, having a slammed Z, and the fact that the OP mentioned offset leads me to believe that he wants that stancecanibeathellaflushnationworks look. If you're just wondering if the wheels will fit, yeah. They'll be fine. They'll sit much like stock wheels though...so tuckage will be strong. Also, you have to be EXTREMELY low to worry about fenders with 18's or have very tall tires. MOST people with 18's are either using them functionally (in which case you'd know everything you just asked) or they're not in Z/G's. VERY few people do 18's in our cars (with "stance") because of how low you have to be to make them look right. So, just keep that in mind.
I appreciate the input, I sit about 3- 3.5inches off the ground. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do yet. These are the wheels I want in like new condition with tires for a good price and I get to see them in person before buying. Tough decision
Old 12-01-2014, 09:37 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,049 Likes on 6,515 Posts

go look at them, if you like them buy them. or see if he will let you test fit them first to see how they look... if you dont like maybe you could flip them
Old 12-01-2014, 09:53 AM
driftsucky

Buy them. Run them. If they're what you want and everything looks good, don't pass up a good offer. Also, they're either 2 or 3 piece wheels (which will be indicated by what kind of meisters they are). That means that, if you wanted to, at some point, you could rebuild them. You can either change the inner barrel (which would change the offset) or change the lip size. There's a LOT of things you can do with them. I wouldn't really worry about it to be honest. They'll fit. If they don't look EXACTLY right, you have the means to change them. Take it from someone who has a G, has 18's, bought them used, seller lied about offset, and I had to rebuild them...it's not that big a deal. Plus, you'll have a sense of pride that either YOU built your wheels to your specs or a sense of accomplishment that you paid someone else to build them the way YOU wanted. And, because they're legit wheels, and not 1 piece cast knock-offs (not that there's anything wrong with that), you can kinda change them up as needed.

For instance, if you make them hellaflushillestlegitstateofstancecambergangey and then want to make them functional again, it's just a couple of bolts...as opposed to thousands of dollars.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:56 AM
sfhshockey77

Buy them. Run them. If they're what you want and everything looks good, don't pass up a good offer. Also, they're either 2 or 3 piece wheels (which will be indicated by what kind of meisters they are). That means that, if you wanted to, at some point, you could rebuild them. You can either change the inner barrel (which would change the offset) or change the lip size. There's a LOT of things you can do with them. I wouldn't really worry about it to be honest. They'll fit. If they don't look EXACTLY right, you have the means to change them. Take it from someone who has a G, has 18's, bought them used, seller lied about offset, and I had to rebuild them...it's not that big a deal. Plus, you'll have a sense of pride that either YOU built your wheels to your specs or a sense of accomplishment that you paid someone else to build them the way YOU wanted. And, because they're legit wheels, and not 1 piece cast knock-offs (not that there's anything wrong with that), you can kinda change them up as needed. For instance, if you make them hellaflushillestlegitstateofstancecambergangey and then want to make them functional again, it's just a couple of bolts...as opposed to thousands of dollars.
Originally Posted by travlee
go look at them, if you like them buy them. or see if he will let you test fit them first to see how they look... if you dont like maybe you could flip them
Yeah that's a good point. They're are S13p btw. I'm going to go atleast look at them, maybe they won't be like what the pictures showed and then my decision will be easy. If they're as nice as they look I'll probably scoop them up and see how they run
Old 12-01-2014, 10:02 AM
driftsucky

If they're nice, I might buy them off you. YOu're just down the road (I'm in Rochester). I already built 2 sets of wheels. What's one more? lol. Those actually kinda sound like fwd offsets though. If you don't get'em, shoot me a link.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:16 AM
sfhshockey77

If they're nice, I might buy them off you. YOu're just down the road (I'm in Rochester). I already built 2 sets of wheels. What's one more? lol. Those actually kinda sound like fwd offsets though. If you don't get'em, shoot me a link.
Lol well I'm going to see them tonight at 6 and I'll let you know what happens. If they're nice I'm gonna buy them and go home and test fit them to see what I'll need to run them. If I'm not a fan of the fitment I'll probably just resell
Old 12-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Meisters are multi-piece and have very specific disc options in order to fit different brake setups

You will need to determine what the disc size is in relation to the brakes you currently have on your car and make a decision from there

I would personally pass on this setup, it's easily found in all kinds of sizes and there is no reason to settle for one with less than optimal specs

We already have a good thread for this wheel, spend some time here to see what others have run:

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...roll-call.html
Old 12-01-2014, 02:11 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If it comes with tires I would be skeptical and look for dry rot, plugs and uneven wear. The rear tires on the Z go through tires like water and they are like $200-300 per one.

And look for any indication of damage. I wouldn't ever buy one with issues on the lip (dents) or huge dings.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:54 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

The rears will look very similar to 9.5 +15, for some that looks flush enough to others it will look sunk.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:22 PM
sfhshockey77

Well I got back an hour ago, I ended up buying them because they really are in amazing condition. One tire is alittle worn but not a big deal. Time to see if we can get these bad boys to fit to my liking. If not they'll go up for sale

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying work meisters need help please