Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

HKS Hi-Power True Dual or INJEN SES Straight Tip Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 04:21 AM
HockeyZ39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Hi-Power True Dual or INJEN SES Straight Tip Exhaust?

I want the look of these exhausts (the muffler angled under the car) The HKS is pretty expensive, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. I remember the fiberglass problem with the old injens and also how the old system lost tq in some cases, was this fixed with the strait tip?

I had the Nismo before my Borla, and I want something that is loud as or louder than the nismo, but still holds that exotic note. I have heard a sound clip of the HKS it seems to sounds pretty good, but I see alot of people saying it isn’t very loud.

Is the injen pretty loud and exotic sounding? Basically I just want to know if the HKS is worth the money over the cheaper INJEN? I am considering going back to the Nismo, but I really want something that looks more aggressive like these two mentioned.

I just need something with the aggressive look, with a sound on the same level or above the nismo. Anyways TIA for any help!

Last edited by HockeyZ39; 10-29-2005 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HKS, but I also have a Greddy TT and so the turbo's quiet down the exhaust a lot, but its still pretty loud and keeps the exotic sound. A lot of NA people that have the HKS with resonated test pipes say its pretty loud and that it still keeps the exotic tone. And IMO the looks of the HKS exhaust can't be beat.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:02 PM
xsmallpaulx

i have had both exhaust system, and the hks is definetly worth the extra money
Old 10-29-2005, 07:31 PM
HockeyZ39

Originally Posted by xsmallpaulx
i have had both exhaust system, and the hks is definetly worth the extra money
Which was louder? I know the HKS wakes up in higher RPS, but all around does the HKS sound alot better? I am also not to happy about having to wait 2 months to get the HKS!
Old 10-29-2005, 07:48 PM
JisNis

I've also had both exhaust systems and would recommend the HKS. It is more exotic sounding compared with the Injen. I hated the droaning sound the Injen would make when your in a higher gear and throttling it. It also made a noticeable difference in loss of torque.

To me personally I think that the Injen is like a knockoff of the HKS. (Dont flame me) I got the Injen because I couldnt wait for the HKS. When they finally came out I just had to get it. Its worth the extra money.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Zexy

Injen is great for the money, get Injen.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Strife350z

injen + my modified x-pipe

best of both worlds... sounds better, recovered low-end torque

but yeah, with that comment, it's fair to say that the HKS is better designed since it requires no modification to make it sound/perform better right out of the box
Old 10-29-2005, 11:31 PM
HockeyZ39

hmmm so I guess I need to get on the waiting list for the HKS! I have heard it takes up to 2 months to get your hands on this exhaust, is this true? I also read there is a new injen exhaust comming out that is suppost to be alot better than the SES, I guess that would be an option as well.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:40 AM
HockeyZ39

Can anyone comment on if the HKS is louder or as loud as the Nismo?
Old 10-30-2005, 09:07 AM
___DJK___

Originally Posted by HockeyZ39
Can anyone comment on if the HKS is louder or as loud as the Nismo?
Its not.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:38 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

hmmm so I guess I need to get on the waiting list for the HKS! I have heard it takes up to 2 months to get your hands on this exhaust, is this true? I also read there is a new injen exhaust comming out that is suppost to be alot better than the SES, I guess that would be an option as well.

There is another option...............

Old 10-30-2005, 03:42 PM
HockeyZ39

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
Its not.
At 3k+ rmps the hks is not as loud? Is it at least close? When I had the Nismo it was just right, not to loud not to quiet. Is the Injen louder or as loud as the Nismo?

Originally Posted by TurboTim
There is another option...............
I have recently decided going turbo is not for me, so I dont think an exhaust of that type would do me much good! Though that exhaust looks Sweet, I remember looking at a turbo exhaust that looked just like that a while back when I was concidering going turbo. I love the look of angled exhausts!

Last edited by HockeyZ39; 10-30-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:13 PM
GAaaAR

HockeyZ39, how loud is the Borla td Exhaust?? I heard its not loud at all. And did u notice any performance differences between the Borla Exhaust and the Nismo??
Old 10-30-2005, 04:57 PM
JisNis

I believe everyones come to the conclusion that the Borla exhaust does not make any power...It actually loses power.....
Old 10-30-2005, 05:11 PM
HockeyZ39

It defiantly did not lose power! It feels pretty much the same as my Nismo, if not alittle better up top (but that could be in my head) Sports Z Mag did dynos on alot of exhaust and Borla produced the most HP (8.6 I think and Nismo did 6-7) out of all, tho it only produced 3 TQ over stock while the Nismo produced 7.

The borla and nismo are exact opposite on sound, the nismo is quiet on idol and loud after 3k RPMs. The Borla is pretty mean at idol and low RPMs but is pretty quiet in high RPMS. Both the nismo and borla look to stock for me as well.

The borla is a good exhaust if you use gasket sealer compound to prevent leaks, or just weld the whole thing together. If your are torn between the two just ask yourself what it is you want, if you want some performance gains for cheap then get the Borla, if you want great sound that cost quite a bit () get the Nismo.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:53 PM
___DJK___

At 3k+ rmps the hks is not as loud? Is it at least close?
The HKS doesnt really get loud till about 4k RPMS. Even then, I think the NISMO is probably louder. I have HFC's so mine is a little louder than those with stock cats. Its definitely not quiet above 4k though. Its a well balanced exhaust. I have a video clip available if u like, pm me.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:37 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I’m not going to comment about “sound” because its such a subjective attribute. I am pleased with the Injen Super SES Cat-Back Exhaust System performance.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:46 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
The HKS doesnt really get loud till about 4k RPMS. Even then, I think the NISMO is probably louder. I have HFC's so mine is a little louder than those with stock cats. Its definitely not quiet above 4k though. Its a well balanced exhaust. I have a video clip available if u like, pm me.
I'd like to hear a clip of the HKS.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:28 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Here is a video clip of the true dual 3" HKS Carbon Ti on my car.

http://www.speedforceracing.com/videos/350zcarbon.AVI
Old 10-31-2005, 09:21 AM
JisNis

Turbo Tim,

I tried PMing you but your inbox was full....I wanted to know if you guys had any dyno sheets for the 2.5 inch HKS Carbon Ti exhaust??? How many systems have you guys sold? Also I listened to the sound clip and it seems like there is alot of raspp, is that due to the exhaust or straight pipes? Please clear your inbox as I have some other questions, such as price.

Quick Reply: HKS Hi-Power True Dual or INJEN SES Straight Tip Exhaust?