Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I hate cell phones

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004 | 06:55 AM
Dream

I can't really talk on the phone and drive simultaneously without my driving or my conversation taking a performance hit. Someone called me the other day and asked me a question while I was driving. I wound up babbling an answer that restated his question, so he got annoyed with me. I said something along the lines of " I'm driving right now, damnit. Give me a frigging break." He then yelled at me for snapping at him, saying, "Don't yell at me, I'm just asking a simple question."

God, I hate people. I ought to just not answer my phone while driving.
Old 11-29-2004 | 11:17 AM
FLZ

Default Bikers

Originally posted by Neo105
+2
Hi Hi over in Holland, Unfortunately bikers are at risk no matter what.........Seems like they're not getting noticed period......Very scarry, Dave
Old 11-30-2004 | 12:40 AM
Neo105

Jezus! I HATE Cell-phones... Yesterday i was driving home on my motorcycle (It's the only reasonable means of transportation here during rush-hour) so as you know, motorcycles drive in between cars in a traffic jam, so i was driving behind 2 other motorcycles between the left and middle lane, and all of a sudden this guy started going to the left lane without turning on his signaling lights and bumped the bike in the front totally into the left lane, that F***in' idiot didnt even notice it, but after me and the other motorcycle driver kept signaling, he finally stopped, guess what, HE GOT OUT OF HIS CAR WHILE USING HISS CELL!, Thank god the guy on the bike was ok, lot's of damage to his (i'm guessing) '99 R6, well but in the end, the police came, and i told them the guy was on the phone, so they took my statement from me and a few others, so i hope this guy gets nailed. Once again an indication of how dangerous it is to call during driving...
Old 12-06-2004 | 01:11 PM
zpylot

$5700+ and counting. I just received the preliminary estimate. This estimate was done before the shop was able to take the car apart. My main concern was the unibody was affected but the collision shop guy is fairly confident the unibody is ok. They should get to taking the car apart today.

Thanks for everybody's condolences. After hearing everybody's inputs (here and on titantalk, I also own a Titan) I am still convinced people should not drive and talk on the cell phone. Or in more general terms, people should not drive and allow themselves to be distracted. It is a fact that when you are trying to perform two or more tasks at the same time you cannot give each task 100% of your attention.
Old 12-06-2004 | 01:32 PM
FLZ

Just a thought, We B*tch, and B*tch about the cellphone use, right? Would you rather go back twenty years and have to run to payphones, or worry where your kids were at times, or hate getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, or being able to be contacted by your EX, 24/7..........Asking,"where's the CHECK?", with that said, I still like the convenience, (most of the time).
I too am sorry to hear of your misfortune....Hope all things get better.......Dave
Old 12-06-2004 | 03:04 PM
Primaltone

All the ranting is not directed to cell phones in general. In fact, I don't even have a land line anymore - I only have a cell. The ranting is directed towards the general population's inability to use a cell phone and perform other functions at the same time. This includes using a cell phone while driving and using it rudely, such as talking on your cell while you're in a checkout line and wasting other patrons' time. I get tired of the "sorry, I gotta take this 'cause I'm so important" attitude.
Old 12-06-2004 | 03:52 PM
Montez

I hate them too and when you give them the look for driving crazy they look at you turn their head and keep on talking and driving crazy. Hands free should be required everywhere and if you are up for a retest cell phone usage should be apart of it and if you fail a big can't use cell while driving should be on your license.