Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

RX8 or 350Z.. I have both

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
stx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X28, you are really funny. First you said you couldn't trail brake on the Z because of brake like LSD (complete BS). Now you are saying your RX8 is just as fast as the Z (more BS unless you have nitrous).
Old 12-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally posted by azrael

I also have to mention to Janus that the ~200 lb difference between the RX-8 and Z is HUGE. The Z is a pig of a sports car and that fact really presents itself in the handling. It's lighter than the 300ZX-TT and the Supra, but nowhere near the FD RX-7 or S2000. The weight is the one big thing I really hate about the Z.

Just my 2 cents.
Of course it's heavier. It's a beefy car. That's why it looks so good. The S200 looks like a stupid little toy! And the RX-8...well...I honestly think that car looks like some type of Bat-Mobile.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:46 PM
x28

Originally posted by stx
X28, you are really funny. First you said you couldn't trail brake on the Z because of brake like LSD (complete BS). Now you are saying your RX8 is just as fast as the Z (more BS unless you have nitrous).
I never said the car can't trail brake, and there IS something called brake LSD, go read the manual if you wouldn't like. I said you can't drift though using the brakes.

And I never said teh RX8 was faster, I said they arrived at the same speed same mark. We will find out sunday if I was right or wrong.

Yes, I know the facts says the Z is faster, and the Z IS faster in straight line accelration. But at where I try it, I dun see that huge of a difference.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:48 PM
x28

correction on the post above, you can't drift the car just by pressing the VSC button. You have to take out a fuse out of teh fuse box to take out all electronic assitance the car gives... and that includes the ABS
Old 12-03-2004, 01:55 PM
x28

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
Of course it's heavier. It's a beefy car. That's why it looks so good. The S200 looks like a stupid little toy! And the RX-8...well...I honestly think that car looks like some type of Bat-Mobile.
I wouldn't agree.. but looks are objective...

having two cars in the driveway.. actually the RX8 looks little nicer..

the S2000's design is getting kinda old tho..

guys, dun hvae to be so defensive or protective about the Z....

I totally agree that its a great car.. or I wouldn;t hvae bought one in the first place... if I dun care about teh Z.. i wouldn't even post here. So I am not bashing the Z, I love it, I like it, its great, and I think it hot as hell

Not car is perfect, that's all I was trying to say...

Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 PM
stx

Originally posted by x28
correction on the post above, you can't drift the car just by pressing the VSC button. You have to take out a fuse out of teh fuse box to take out all electronic assitance the car gives... and that includes the ABS
I haven't had to pull a fuse to drift. I can do it all the time just by disengaging VDC. Every time I have done a high speed track I have been able to drift through the high speed corners by tapping the brakes to get the rear sliding.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:22 PM
x28

which Z do you have?

which model?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:05 PM
RedX

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
I have both S2K and Z, but I got a lot more compliments for my S2K then the Z. I don't think the S2000 looks like a STUPID toy.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:09 PM
x28

my ex gf hsa an S2000 too...

she is thinking of going C-west kit.. woohoo

I saw the kit in person, NICE man...
Old 12-03-2004, 08:32 PM
NzZ

Originally posted by RedX
I have both S2K and Z, but I got a lot more compliments for my S2K then the Z. I don't think the S2000 looks like a STUPID toy.
I had an S2k for years..never once got a compliment. Don't get many with the Z either though. Both were fun cars, and I'd recommend either. Were the S2k not such an oil drinker I would have kept it and the Z.

NzZ
Old 12-03-2004, 09:14 PM
RedX

Originally posted by x28
my ex gf hsa an S2000 too...

she is thinking of going C-west kit.. woohoo

I saw the kit in person, NICE man...
I like the AirWalker kit better
Old 12-03-2004, 11:39 PM
x28

hmm, never seen that in person, but modded S2000's are very nice
Old 12-04-2004, 01:04 AM
rolling

wow id hate to be in your shoes! such a delima!
i did a prety good test drive of the RX after i had my Z for awhile
I found there to be no contest in the power and handeling for my taste..

after the test drive i handed the keys back and thanked him for his time....

I really like the Z'd dash layout and the tech goodies like a plane hehe more gauges and toys

RX was "ok" what it did have was almost exactly like the Z
i didnt like the sound of rotary at high RpM (AKA ricer wit BIIG *** muffler)

i DO liek the rx style looks

i drove a promo LOADED RX with everypossible option down to ground effects and sunroof and NAV and Bose CD it was red!
45miles and $26,900
excellent price BUT crapy gas milage,
here in portland super 92 runs about $2.20 gal

I dont mind the extra weight it feels more "solid" and planted in turns, in winter weather you actually WANT the weight, rain / snow ..

you could always just half fill the tank and go as far in an RX
dave bout 100lbs .. anyway enjoy your rides!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:36 PM
cwerdna

Originally posted by SangWL
[B
first off mazda is in the ditch right now, not selling cars, having bad publicity. [/B]
Their sales YTD for vehicles aren't that bad, up 3% YTD. See http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...02/292660.html

The company that's REALLY hurting is Mitsubishi.

I don't know what the average # of days their cars sits in the lot for before being sold is vs. the average and Nissan. That seems to be a good metric to look at too.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:51 AM
zeroday

drove my brother's rx8 for a week while he was in vegas...felt very wimpy. the car has no *****. the styling is not my taste either...it looks overdone/ricey.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:48 AM
maxracer27

vv
Old 12-05-2004, 10:27 AM
budebaker

I've had both cars as well. I frist had a Tourging Z, (automatic, I live in LA and tip is fine for me). But my dealier sold me a car without clear title, and I ended up trading it in for the RX-8 (long story but do yourself a favor, do not go to Culver City Nissan/Mazda). Every mag was saying it was as good as the Z and I could get a fully loaded one without spending any extra money, just payments, to get a similiar Z, I'd be out of pocket.

Long story shorter, I really miss the Z. Now, part of that is because I have the auto 8, which I bought for the same reasons as the auto Z, but coming out the z, I just find the car too anemic at lower speeds. Once you're moving, it's fine though. Paddle Shifters are a really cool concept and in general, I prefer the 8's ergonomics, radio controls on the weel, etc, and the optional MP3 player but I miss the roar and the torgue of the Z. The 8 does handle very nicely however. Not better, just different.

The 8 is a good car and with more power, it'd be a very hard decsion (unless you need back seats) but man, I miss my Z and I'm working on a way to get it back.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Kzer

I feel that just test driving or swapping cars for one day isnt a signifigant enough time to feel the car out.

I'm purchasing a z within a year and 3 months. It was a split decsion between the 8 and the z. Then he bought the 8. So here comes the z .

Now from my many rides and the rx-8. The 8 feels like it has no torque,but the 8 is really smooth and seems to never lose power.

Now my friend that bought a z just to buy it,because he has to have everything before other people. If you see this you know who you are. Im going to name him bob so i can use his name.

So bob and mr. rx8 were at a light and they look at each other.
Naturally ok lets go rarooom. Well i was in the rx-8 also with mr.rx-8's cousin and bob with no one. they launch and the z is really really far away. thats my z and 8 story

I mean they are both nice cars and the z obviously has more power,but discussion of the power and such is not of this topic. he wants to know which ones sells better or to cut his losses
Old 12-05-2004, 10:55 AM
OZ-Z

Default I have a 350Z & an M3 and sold my WRX

and they are all great cars But the Z is Best bang for the Buck..Looks and peformance! M3 is faster and more luxurious but not as tossable and fun to drive. Gummy shifter, and tail could be firmer but WoW what an engine. WRX was great performer but cheapo interior and Fugly to the bone...damn I wish I could have afforded them when I was 25. Youth is wasted on the young" " Money wasted on the old" and I aint that old yet YEE HAAAA
and for the Z Vs RX8 take some driving lessons before you make you judgment
Old 12-06-2004, 05:58 AM
stx

Originally posted by x28
which Z do you have?

which model?
I have a performance model.

Quick Reply: RX8 or 350Z.. I have both