Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Test drove a new M3 SMG today

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004 | 11:18 AM
Skrill

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Test drove a new M3 SMG today

Originally posted by ThrillZ
Skrill, I had some respect for you at the start BUT it is you that is laughable and obviously have NO IDEA what the hell you are talking about.

As I have stated to educated people on this board before, I love cars, I love my Z, BUT I am realistic. I am not so biased towards my car that I make ridiculous comments that only destroy one's credibility.

Idiot + No credibility = Worthless opinion

It is obvious to me that the picture you display was NOT your M3 at all, and that you have most likely never ever driven one, because if you had you would not make such idiotic comments like you do, which only make you look like a fool and discredit you.

I know that 0-60 times are not the be all and end all, and I know the Z nor M3 is the quickest out there BUT I am sensible enough to know where each car stands in real terms. Most people never drive their cars on a track you fool. And I for one do not go around racing everybody on the street thinking I am at Monaco. (which I can tell from what YOU write, is what type of idiot you are = boy-racer)

Don't tell me, next your going to tell us that our Z's are faster than a GT3 on the track also!

First class ***-clown alert people - watch out.

(From someone who loves his Z and his M3 but is realistic to where they stand on the automotive food chain.)
Yeah ... ok

Here's me and my M3 at Laguna Seca (@ the Corkscrew):

And another (@ turn 11):

Here is the M3 on the way to Laguna going up Highway 1:

Trust me -- I have no time or desire to street race. I really could care less how fast someone weeves through traffic or launch off a green light (other than it annoys me that such idiots exist and cause danger to innocents).

As for the GT3 -- as long as you are driving it, I am pretty sure I can beat it with my Z.

I don't understand how I have no credibility -- when I have owned and tracked both cars and speak from personal experience. Your "real world" comment is meaningless unless you simply mean stoplight racing (which I admit the M3 is much quicker, as is a GT3).

As far as the car food chain -- I don't buy into such things. If you are faster on the track -- you are just plain faster. All excuses stop with the green flag waives.
Old 12-23-2004 | 11:25 AM
ThrillZ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Test drove a new M3 SMG today

Originally posted by Skrill
Yeah ... ok

And another (@ turn 11):

Trust me -- I have no time or desire to street race. I really could care less how fast someone weeves through traffic or launch off a green light (other than it annoys me that such idiots exist and cause danger to innocents).

As for the GT3 -- as long as you are driving it, I am pretty sure I can beat it with my Z.

I don't understand how I have no credibility -- when I have owned and tracked both cars and speak from personal experience. Your "real world" comment is meaningless unless you simply mean stoplight racing (which I admit the M3 is much quicker, as is a GT3).

As far as the car food chain -- I don't buy into such things. If you are faster on the track -- you are just plain faster. All excuses stop with the green flag waives.
Great photo's of "real world" driving

Classic!
Old 12-23-2004 | 11:31 AM
Skrill

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Test drove a new M3 SMG today

Great photo's of "real world" driving

Classic!
I'm spent ... we must agree to disagree.

I do encourage you to go to a track event and get some instruction. Go to the same track, with both cars, and let me know your experience. I think you will find that both cars are deeply satisfying and competent on the track, and each will shine in different areas.

That said -- if you never track either the Z or the M3, you will really never ever experience what these cars are all about.
Old 12-23-2004 | 12:53 PM
JonsilvZ

Default Re: Re: Test drove a new M3 SMG today

I used to own an SMG M3 and I would like to know what kind of crack you smoke when say that SMG in S5 of S6 mode (not sure which your were in -- you just said he fastest) is as "quick as" your 5AT in manual mode with WOT.

Trust me -- your slush box is about 10x slower than the SMG in its fastest shift mode (which shifts in less than a 1/10th of a second). It's faster than any human, and far, far faster than any manu-mantic AT.

The 5AT is a great AT -- but it is not meant to be (nor is it) a competitor to a true sequential. Personally, I drove a 5AT loaner for a while and felt the tranny to be sluggish on downshifts and upshifts manual mode. But the auto mode was great for cruising.

Here is a pic of my SMG -- it was a beauty:

Gratuitous red leather shot:

I loved that car -- but I love my Z just as much. And my Z is honestly more fun on a racetrack.

When they compare the smg and the 6spd m3. The manual is always .1-.2sec quicker in the 1/4 then the smg. Even thought the gearing is exactly the same. Now the time difference in the 5at and the 6spd is about the same as the m3. But the 5at has 3.35 vs 3.55-6spd and the extra gear. Now if the gears were exactly the same like in the m3. It would be much closer. I know the m3 is a faster car and the smg shifts quicker then a conventional auto but I was expecting a big difference. Anyway I did race a e46 and we were even to 90 or so.
Old 12-23-2004 | 02:03 PM
willpower

Hey Skrill.....I respect a man who talk's from experiance, Thrillz give it up man ,you obviously have never been anywhere near a race track in your life, Im guessing your one of these gits that red line's there engins waiting for the green light to change and then probably stalle's it......In other words STFU .

Last edited by willpower; 12-23-2004 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2004 | 03:15 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Thrillz, you need to pull back on the attitude brother. Skrill has already provided plenty of evidence and knowledge on these boards. He is a very knowledgeable enthusiast and alot of us, myself included, could learn alot from the info he has posted. I think it's fair to say that 99% of the people on here believe him. Your opinion is your own but don't go accusing other members of fabricating their experiences with flimsy claims. Makes you look like a tool.
Old 12-23-2004 | 03:29 PM
tylerdurden

I have not tracked my Z yet but I have a little track time in an E36 M3 that was tweaked, somewhat, thanks to Turner Motorsports. I'm willing to bet that if skrill was going to race for a million bucks. He would choose the E46.
Old 12-23-2004 | 04:42 PM
EmuMessenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Test drove a new M3 SMG today

Yeah ... ok

And another (@ turn 11):

Anyone notice the Ford Taurus on the track, pulling up the rear?
Old 12-23-2004 | 04:45 PM
tylerdurden

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Test drove a new M3 SMG today

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
Anyone notice the Ford Taurus on the track, pulling up the rear?
The Taurus won that race on the final lap. Schumacher was driving.
Old 12-23-2004 | 04:59 PM
NzZ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Test drove a new M3 SMG today

ThrillZ

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there's no need to hate on Skrill when you don't even know the guy. Many of us here respect his opinion, and so far he's been a stand-up guy. Furthermore, it sounds like he has more track time than you or I..which makes him more of an enthusiast in my book.

We're all glad you like your M3...it is an awesome car. As for the comment about the automotive food chain, all I've gotta say is WOW. Sounds real snobby to me...but totally in line with your baseless and offensive attack of Skrill. Regardless of what your experience or what cars you own, you now have 0 credibility with many members of this board.

NzZ

PS - Skrill, your M3 and Z both look awesome. Great taste in rides!
Old 12-23-2004 | 05:05 PM
Spideynw

Skrill, you are wasting precious time talking to this fool ThrillZ. He obviously does not know what he is talking about, and is talking out his A**.
Old 12-23-2004 | 06:27 PM
all_bark

its funny how a fool can leave post after post after post, and then when real people get a chance to read it we ALL determine the guy is an idiot.

or as a few others have said, A$$, tool, etc, etc!

I for one get a kick out of idiots like that who show their absolute cluelessness like its a style they are actually trying to flaunt.

dude, GROW the F*CK up!
Old 12-24-2004 | 06:02 AM
ALong

I still want to know what the hell "real world driving" is supposed to be! Who is this moron....real world driving would be sitting in traffic!

Magazines test cars on tracks for a reason, to determine the performance. Skrill is absolutely correct in his comparison between the cars, the performance is very similar.

I drive BMWs on a daily basis and have raced M3's since 1997, I am now building a 350Z racecar. I can tell you, yes the M3 is a little faster in a straight line but it weights on average (depending upon options) 250-400lbs more than a 350Z. It plain, just does not handle as well in the corners with all that extra weight. On top of that the brakes suck after repeated hard use (the brakes are pretty much the same size as the brakes on the E36 M3 which was a car that weighted aprox 250-350lbs less...) and will fade on track. The 350Z does not have that problem with the Track package brakes.

Just as a little comparo, last year at the SCCA Runoffs, Bob Tunnel (a multiple SCCA AutoX champion and very good road-racer) was running a E46 M3 in the T1 class, this car has coil-over suspension, big adjustable swaybars, wider wheels/tires and was lightened aprox 300lbs. TC Kline (another multiple SCCA AutoX champion, Pro Road Race Champion and podium finisher at the Runoffs (So in other words both of them are very equal drivers if you were to compare them) was running a 350Z in T2 (one class down) and the 350Z was very close to stock suspension wise (with the exception of better shocks, but stock springs & swaybars). Bob's lap times were only about 1 second faster. Now this year, TC ran the 350z again with an approved Nissan Competition suspension kit (springs/adjustable swaybars) plus the race shocks from last year and was turning lap times more than half a second faster than what the M3 was turning the year before!
Old 12-28-2004 | 08:42 AM
RedX

where's ThrillZ???
Old 12-28-2004 | 10:21 AM
ThrillZ

Easy guys, I do have a job despite what some of you may think.
Actually, I might be responsible for some of your portfolio's, so you wouldn't want me slacking off and losing you guys your hard earned moola now would you?

I believe I took care of these idiots on a seperate thread I created yesterday. But, It seems to have caused a little ruckus around the forum for some strange reason.

I think the thread was deleted? But, it more than addressed the recipients, with vigor I might add. Someone also said I was banned? LOL

What's wrong? Are we not grown men? Can we not take a little harmless intense ruthless blood-letting? Can we dish it out but yet not take what comes in return? Do we not hold ourselves accountable for our actions?

No hard feelings guys. I promise not to whale on you.

BYW - my Z is up for sale as a show of good faith at a great price.

2005 Enthusiast 6-speed PPW
Stock with 1500 miles
$20K flat

"If you are not ready for hell then don't yet dance with the devil"
Old 12-28-2004 | 10:55 AM
ThrillZ

Oh, I forgot to say...

...these idiots above me are so dull that, even though they were made to look stupid in front of the entire forum yesterday, they probably don't even realize it! LAUGH-OUT-F@#KING-LOUD

Klause at Porsche EUR thank you, I am in your debt forever.
What was that?
Don't know?
Too fast.
GT3?
For me.

I was always fond of those junk bonds.
Hostile takeovers set me free.
Old 12-28-2004 | 11:09 AM
Diesel350

Easy guys, I do have a job despite what some of you may think.
Actually, I might be responsible for some of your portfolio's, so you wouldn't want me slacking off and losing you guys your hard earned moola now would you?

I believe I took care of these idiots on a seperate thread I created yesterday. But, It seems to have caused a little ruckus around the forum for some strange reason.

I think the thread was deleted? But, it more than addressed the recipients, with vigor I might add. Someone also said I was banned? LOL

What's wrong? Are we not grown men? Can we not take a little harmless intense ruthless blood-letting? Can we dish it out but yet not take what comes in return? Do we not hold ourselves accountable for our actions?

No hard feelings guys. I promise not to whale on you.

BYW - my Z is up for sale as a show of good faith at a great price.

2005 Enthusiast 6-speed PPW
Stock with 1500 miles
$20K flat

"If you are not ready for hell then don't yet dance with the devil"
Why are you selling a practically brand new Z for $20k?
Old 12-28-2004 | 01:34 PM
JonsilvZ

Old 12-28-2004 | 01:36 PM
JonsilvZ

Ship it to me for 21k I would love to buy a 05 Enthu Z for that price!!
Old 12-28-2004 | 02:56 PM
obsidian02

saw it on video,, m3 chasing z, and driver said "no, I can't make it". Meanwhile s2000 was driving too fast trying to win the race.

Quick Reply: Test drove a new M3 SMG today