White
41.44%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

black or white (grr)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 12:01 AM
sillyhenwee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i chose a white G over a black one because in the day time it looks really sharp and at night it's just plain sexy same goes for the Z
Old 12-27-2004, 05:25 AM
ThrillZ

Pikes Peak looks awesome (especially up close).
Best white I have seen on any car.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:07 PM
ssk0771

I would go with white for 2 reasons.

1. Black is B1tch to clean and it gets dirty too fast

2. White is looks clean & its more rare.

I have white roadster and I still get many many compliments.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:59 PM
peterhong

I voted Black and I own a PPW. I ultimately went with the white because every Z i saw seemed to be Black or Silver. I am ultimately happy with my choice as I don't have to wash my car every other day and get those swirl marks out, but its a damned if you damned if you dont situation. You get the white, you want the black, and if you get the Black youre gonna want the white. Flip a coin and stick with the decision.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:06 AM
ttsupra94

Personally, i'm not a fan of white on any car. And I think black looks good on everything. Go with your gut instinct. You will be happy either way i'm sure.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:17 PM
SunsetZ33

Default Re: black or white (grr)

On the Z Black looks better to me.
I've had both black an white cars ( Not Zs )
I have a White 85 Monte SS now.
But on the Z, Black looks great
Old 12-28-2004, 04:24 PM
hypeiv

I have the white so I say get that one. Black cars show dirt more but when they are clean they shine more. The white isn't that hard to keep clean. I have two coats of wax on it and I hose it down and dry it every few days and it shines like new.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:59 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should go white! It is an awesome color and has a blue pearl tint to it up close....plus when the color white is a nice white it gives the car a "glow" if you know what I mean....

I have the DB and I almost bought a white one.... I kinda still want white too.... plus you won't have to worry about swirl marks that will show easier on the black than white....
Old 12-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Risk

My top two choices were the LS and the DB.....just curious though, why white or black? Are these the two colors that a local lot has with the options you want? If thats the case then I suggest takin a look at ALL the colors and then finding a car after that. Having said all that, my choice would be a very reluctant black (the dirty issue).
Old 12-28-2004, 06:26 PM
bhobson333

Black, White, I suggest compromise - choose Silverstone. You won't be sorry!

Silverstone is amazing. It can be filthy in my eyes, two weeks and a rainstorm since being washed, and people still rave about how good it looks. It doesn't show dirt at all.

Of course, the Zaino probably helps.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Conceyted

Originally posted by bhobson333
Black, White, I suggest compromise - choose Silverstone. You won't be sorry!

Silverstone is amazing. It can be filthy in my eyes, two weeks and a rainstorm since being washed, and people still rave about how good it looks. It doesn't show dirt at all.

Of course, the Zaino probably helps.
But everyone and their mom has silverstone. I see it the most out of all the colors. I guess the same goes for black but something about silver just doesnt do this car as much justice. If i could do it over I would go white because black lmgt4's on white would look absolutly stunning. But thats just me. I love my car now and Either way it would have made me happy (black or white)
Old 12-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Dragonstyle

Black would be a beeatch to clean since dirt automatically shows up on it.......but then again black would look sick fixed up......but then again white looks good too......I guess I didn't really help you out.....sorry....

Tell us what color you choose......
Old 12-29-2004, 02:55 AM
35oZephyR

Originally posted by Conceyted
But everyone and their mom has silverstone. I see it the most out of all the colors. I guess the same goes for black but something about silver just doesnt do this car as much justice. If i could do it over I would go white because black lmgt4's on white would look absolutly stunning. But thats just me. I love my car now and Either way it would have made me happy (black or white)
That's true, everyone and their mom does have silverstone or chrome silver. When I'm on the road i'm like "gawt DAYAM it! Can't you at least gets some wheels!!" but I realize I'm running on the stockies too.

Everyone and their moms in San Diego who have a roadster, is usually behind the wheel of a superblack one though.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:23 AM
TurK

i went to the dealer yesterday.....lol they had a black one and white one next to each other.....and still....it didnt help at all... im gona have to come down to tossing a coin on this one lol.

what i dont like about the black is it reminds me a fat gurl that wears black to look skinny....you cant see the lines of the Z too much......plus it was sunny out...and wow swirl marks wth....i have a black 240sx and ther is no swirl marks on that...

white....it look pretty hot under the sun.....kind of seems a lil to plain tho....a lil soft......wher black looks mean....bah i dont know...

i go on the gallery and look thru all the black ones and white ones...hopefully somebody will post a pic that will just win my heart and ill make my decision
Old 12-29-2004, 09:31 AM
King Tut

I think you really want Daytona Blue. I will give you a ride in mine and help sway you to the Blue side.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:58 AM
DrVolkl

Having owned 4 black cars I swore after each one that I would "Never own another black car".

They look so damn good clean, but most of the time they're not...and most of the time you're trying not to notice the swirl marks, stone chips and finger prints.

I would go with white for a couple of reasons:
1) More rare.
2) You can tint it and it looks cool. (Back to your keeping the lines of the car thought)
3) You can put any color rim you want on it, or do any color interior theme and it'll look great.
4) White looks a little more classy...it will age better
5) The meanest Z I've seen to date was a white one with black chrome rims and black accents on the front lip and rear spoiler. Killer.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:01 PM
hunter164

I still wonder how red got kicked out so early.