2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

cell phone holder?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 04:03 PM
350eeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is much better

Originally posted by FLZ
Sorry to hi-jack thread....I also have the bluetooth headset.......The hands free car kit does'nt need it though....I have a permanent external antenna(windshield and tiny), and a footwell mounted loudspeaker, and a pillar mounted mini-microphone......only motion I do is flip open the phone to place and end calls.......Again, I appologize about off topic post.....Dave PM me for any details, pics, etc........
This is the kondor Visorcom....Much better than a headset IMO. Completely handsfree and sits on your visor. Only for Bluetooth compatible phones.

You can get it at www.expansys.com

-E
Attached Thumbnails cell phone holder?-visorcom.jpg  
Old 01-02-2005, 04:07 PM
FLZ

Default Re: This is much better

Originally posted by 350eeze
This is the kondor Visorcom....Much better than a headset IMO. Completely handsfree and sits on your visor. Only for Bluetooth compatible phones.

You can get it at www.expansys.com

-E
Darn you, I'm a real gadget nut and you just cost me more $.....:-)

p.s. I never use the Headset, I speak into the pillar mike....And I do get the, "Is that guy talking to himself", stare constantly.....
Old 01-02-2005, 04:08 PM
FLZ

Originally posted by HarvesterUT
does it matter?

feels good either way i'm sure......male btw

Agreed, Very good point........
Old 01-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gooseneck mount.
Attached Thumbnails cell phone holder?-cell-phone-mount.jpg  
Old 01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
FLZ

Gooseneck, IMO, JC Whitney......Finally I get to say that to someone else....Ya'll would'nt believe the flaming I got from the Steering wheel cover.....All in fun Scafremon....:-)
Old 01-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too Funny!

You know, I must've posted that pic in various threads on this forum a dozen times, always anticipating a massive amount of "Dude! That is so cool! Where'd ya get it?" responses.....which never came. I've always wondered why.

I've decided:

1. I'm not going to post that pic again.
2. You guys are never going to see a picture of the rear-window slatted sun shade I installed.

Thanks for the heads-up FLZ.

Jeff (is not going to remove it however...really likes it!)
Old 01-02-2005, 06:16 PM
FLZ

Hi ....me again...Most flaming seems to be all-in-fun......But some people overreact on some forums......Life or death? Ya know? It can be crazy.....P.S. The rear window louvre thing? Been done already...just wish I could find the thread....It was funny as heck.....See you on the boards.....Dave
Old 01-02-2005, 06:18 PM
the7ferret

I got the i830 too, it fits either where the seat warmer switches go or becuase I have dash hit I can wedge it in the little pocket underneath the HU.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 PM
FLZ

Well, my impulsiveness just hit me again.....Just switched to Nextel....Got the 860i....Now I hope I can just swap out cradles...Otherwise there goes more money, (that I should be modding with), out the window......Any cure for "gadget disease" ?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Z FLY BY

I think I should mention that for everyone who leaves their cell phone just laying out or unsecured, that if you get into an accident a cell phone can easily become a high speed projectile. I have heard of people being killed from these kinds of incidents.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
FLZ_Boy

I just stick my hands free gear on the cell phone, stick the ear piece in my ear, toss the cell phone on the passenger, and off I go . I make use of my passenger seat.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Sr. Panza

Originally posted by FLZ
Well, my impulsiveness just hit me again.....Just switched to Nextel....Got the 860i....Now I hope I can just swap out cradles...Otherwise there goes more money, (that I should be modding with), out the window......Any cure for "gadget disease" ?
I got this same phone on Monday and I still can't find an appropriate place for it. It's the type of phone whose exterior scratches easily so I can't just leave it around to bounce from place to place. I guess in between the legs it goes!
Old 01-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Sr. Panza

Say, FLZ, how do you like your phone? Where do you keep it in your Z? Mine is already starting to wear where the plastic holder rubs against the phone. I used to have the Motorol I95 w/ nextel and I can tell the i860 isn't going to age as well.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:49 AM
AZZGUY

Originally posted by HarvesterUT
i know its no help, but i have always kept my phone between my legs cuz i leave it on vibrate all the time.....let the jokes commence!
Are you female???
Old 01-08-2005, 02:52 PM
FLZ

Originally posted by Sr. Panza
Say, FLZ, how do you like your phone? Where do you keep it in your Z? Mine is already starting to wear where the plastic holder rubs against the phone. I used to have the Motorol I95 w/ nextel and I can tell the i860 isn't going to age as well.
I just bought, on-line, the hard install cradle for the i860....Unfortunaltely, the base unit under the carpet has a different din plug than my old V600 and V60......I just visited the motorola dealer who originally did my install....Since the tech guys there were'nt in today, the salesman will call me back monday......I just need the base unit replaced....then the i860 will mount just like the one I have pictured on the first page of this thread.......My guess is about another $100. plus install......I won't need a new window antenna or the microphone and external speaker because they are already mounted......I love the convenience of the hands-free car mount, and it looks very professional.....It will also keep the phone looking new......In the meantime, I just use the belt clip to pinch onto the visor as in the old days......I will post pics as soon as I have it done.....Dave
Old 01-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Sr. Panza

Originally posted by FLZ
I just bought, on-line, the hard install cradle for the i860....Unfortunaltely, the base unit under the carpet has a different din plug than my old V600 and V60......I just visited the motorola dealer who originally did my install....Since the tech guys there were'nt in today, the salesman will call me back monday......I just need the base unit replaced....then the i860 will mount just like the one I have pictured on the first page of this thread.......My guess is about another $100. plus install......I won't need a new window antenna or the microphone and external speaker because they are already mounted......I love the convenience of the hands-free car mount, and it looks very professional.....It will also keep the phone looking new......In the meantime, I just use the belt clip to pinch onto the visor as in the old days......I will post pics as soon as I have it done.....Dave
I look forward to seeing what your setup will ultimately look like. I hate the fact that my phone is bouncing around my seat all the time. Anyhow, good luck and post pics when you can!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:21 PM
FLZ

Default pics soon

Originally posted by Sr. Panza
I look forward to seeing what your setup will ultimately look like. I hate the fact that my phone is bouncing around my seat all the time. Anyhow, good luck and post pics when you can!
Hi Sr. P.....I will pick up the base unit tomorrow.....$149.95.....Already bought the cradle....$99.00.....this stuff is killing me...:-(
Pics will post within a couple days.....Dave
Old 01-10-2005, 02:19 PM
tjhands

Yup, I keep my phone in the sunglasses compartment above my head. Maybe not all cell phones will fit in there, but my little Nokia (the cheapy) fits just perfectly. Like someone else said....no rattles either.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:12 PM
FLZ

Default ?

Originally posted by tjhands
Yup, I keep my phone in the sunglasses compartment above my head. Maybe not all cell phones will fit in there, but my little Nokia (the cheapy) fits just perfectly. Like someone else said....no rattles either.
That mean you have the coupe ? Everytime I put the phone in mine, it ends up on the highway behind me,(ZR),....lol
Old 01-10-2005, 05:43 PM
AZZGUY

Default Re: ?

Originally posted by FLZ
That mean you have the coupe ? Everytime I put the phone in mine, it ends up on the highway behind me,(ZR),....lol
Just be glad you have real hair!

Quick Reply: cell phone holder?