Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Car Cover blowing off from wind =(

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 09:45 AM
the bluez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Car Cover blowing off from wind =(

40-50mph winds up here in my part of NorCal, recently, and to my horror all day yesterday my cover would NOT stay on . I have a cable lock going across it as well as the draw string, but it does not secure the front of the car at all. When moving the cover back down over the hood of the car, I made SURE to tuck it in as far as possible, but it just took a few minutes of these winds to pull the cover off! If you ask me, I'd have to say that this is a major flaw in the design of the cover... it comes off when I need it the MOST . I was wondering if any of you have any ideas for keeping the cover on?

P.S. This is the Weathershield car cover (which I'm 99% sure is produced by CoverCraft, but some people on this board don't seem to realize that) from Nissan.

Thanks everyone
Old 11-08-2002, 09:54 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Default Re: Nissan Car Cover blowing off from wind =(

Originally posted by the bluez33
40-50mph winds up here in my part of NorCal, recently, and to my horror all day yesterday my cover would NOT stay on . I have a cable lock going across it as well as the draw string, but it does not secure the front of the car at all. When moving the cover back down over the hood of the car, I made SURE to tuck it in as far as possible, but it just took a few minutes of these winds to pull the cover off! If you ask me, I'd have to say that this is a major flaw in the design of the cover... it comes off when I need it the MOST . I was wondering if any of you have any ideas for keeping the cover on?

P.S. This is the Weathershield car cover (which I'm 99% sure is produced by CoverCraft, but some people on this board don't seem to realize that) from Nissan.

Thanks everyone
The cable lock won't do much as it's not meant to hold the cover on the car. You say the cover has a draw string? I would have assumed this cover was fully elastic edged If not then you might have to get extra long bunji cords to stretch across the front from each wheelwell.

What also might work, at least in the front is to get some spring clamps and if the fabric isn't too tight clamp it to the grill. The back is another issue...it's so smooth...maybe clamp it to the tailpipes?

Anybody else?
Old 11-08-2002, 11:07 AM
ztom

I've used clothes-pins (a cheap alternative to clamps) on the car covers of previous Z's - the wooden ones seem to work better than the plastic ones. Look for places under the front and back to clamp to.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Megatron

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First of all, i want to tell everyone i under a new, name because the stupid site, would not let me get to the forum with my old username. It use to be nasty.
I will tell everyone how i make out with mine. I ordered mine on tues. So it should be coming in soon.

93 eclipse
03 kyo/touring/6speed