Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Gamma Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Gamma Motors?

AKA GTM...

http://www.gammamotors.com/

Lets get that out of the way first, has anybody seen any actual parts come out of this shop? They posted on the 370 website and promptly got banned, can totally understand considering that whole TT kit fiasco that eventually led to GTM going bankrupt.

Supposedly they got some rich UAE guy or something or backing it now, but unfortunately still have Sam in which case I can't help but remember how they ripped off a lot of people...

The only problem, particularly with the 07-08 Z's are our lack of TT options or general options for that matter.

(My experience with them)

I had some slight email conversations about getting an external waste-gate kit then the communications fell off till I asked about it again the other day and got that response about the turbo manifolds being ~30 days out for the next shipment.

Not a good initial experience as they are kinda still talking about forecast/future with parts, nothing thus far about we have this part, can ship to a reseller (I wouldn't want to send them money directly under any circumstance; and go thru 3rd party for protection like I did last time trying to get the waste-gate kit)

Apparently they are trying to start re-selling the GTM TT kit's for the various makes/models of Z's. Although I have yet to see an actual kit leave this shop, they previously posted some pics on 370 forum with a bunch of parts etc as they were supposedly in the revival part about ready to start shipping out GTM's original IP.

Anybody have experience with Gamma Motors that can show some semblance of actually not screwing people over now?

Granted I remember and was around during that whole GTM fiasco, as well as GTM originally did the TT install on my car back when GTM was a reputable shop...

Let's not try to keep this a super flame war, I had a lot of my time wasted trying to get a external waste-gate kit from GTM for it to never happen during the time they were going under. Thankfully I never gave GTM a cent on that kit, but I do run the GTM TT kit on my car, and I would of course like to score some backup parts for it if it's actually possible.

Post up any experiences with this 'outfit' if you've had any worth noting. Mine so far, is promises to have manifolds in the next 30 days or so (which of course I highly doubt...), but beggars can't be choosers, and I don't want to go custom manifolds if there is an option... provided that option doesn't lead to bankrupt season 2 and more ripping people off...

I am interested if this 'new' shop isn't blowing smoke up our rear and is actually trying to get back into the scene...

BEWARE though either way, don't consider them just on my post here, this is more of just seeing what other peeps experience are if there are any of this particular new outfit, and NOT GTM past stuff, there is a ton of that out on the net already.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

go under turbo kits...list GTM exclusively.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:12 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Why are you even considering GTM parts when you have FastIntentions as an option for a TT kit and BoostedPerformance for a ST kit?

Last edited by rcdash; 09-12-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Juztin

Reached out to FI, haven't heard anything from them about using their kit on a VQ35HR, BP IIRC doesn't support it yet bolt on wise, they're looking for a local test car in CAN.

Not many options -_-, might end up going custom on the manifolds, was trying to avoid it but that's still a ways off so who knows, by then Greddy might have finally released an updated TT kit for the HR lol.

It would be nice to keep the GTM kit, nothing's wrong with it, just looking at some future upgrade possibilities for it if it's at all possible without having to completely switch kits. If I'm doing that might as well go big single turbo custom like others.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

right....still betcha its Sam Coksukazawaharas shop so BE FUKING WARE!

Try Tim at SFR for custom headers and turbos...it'll be better in the long run.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Juztin

Hahah I was waiting for you to chime in man!

Yea I have thought about SFR, I had a buddy in Denver than ran their total setup on his DE back in the day in the 700+ range and still had a lot of room. I'll be keeping them in mind, twin 62's would be real good about bringing out the weakness in the build before ever really bringing out weakness in them...
Old 09-28-2015, 09:08 PM
SpunoutZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad someone made this thread. So I order a S/C kit last year before GTM went bankrupt. I ordered the tuner kit without the tuner, injectors, and FP. Agreed on 6900. Like a dummy I wired it. Well after all Sam's BS he sent me what they had after a year. The kit without the SC and pipping. So he stalled me out til it changed over to Gamma which Sam still works there just a part owner changed the name. Sent what they had probably for legal purposes so the new owner can wash his hands free. So I email Gamma directly. Owner says GTM went under cause they were selling quality parts for too cheap and they wanted to keep my business so they will credit me the 6900 but I need to come up with 2200 to get the rest of the kit. Seriously? 9k for a S/C kit. I think Stillen is pretty much quality and the kit is 7k and TT kits go for that price. So he's basically saying pay 2200 take it or leave it. Also saying legally he doesn't have to do anything. So if you have a order from before your not getting anything. There's a lot of the group buy guys from 370Z.com thinking their gonna get their stuff but gamma isn't gonna make things right. I screwed myself by taking a chance on GTM and I'm not going to agree with the terms he sent me. I'm trying to find out what I can do but Cali bankruptcy laws favors GTM. I wouldn't send them a dime. I'm here just to warn everyone, these are the type of buisness that ruin aftermarket support for the import community and raise the prices. Please share with the 370Z guys too cause I don't think anyone knows cause everyone calls Sam. Sam's just there to BS you. I have the emails so I'm not a fake customer just hating. Don't deal with them or have them be a vendor here or anywhere.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Juztin

Thanks for the feedback Spun.

FWIW, I'm going thru CZP to see if I can get a external waste-gate conversion kit out of Gamma for the TT kit on an HR, but I hold zero faith in it actually going thru. I'm only going thru CZP as they are 3rd party (and I've done a fair bit of business with them and like them) so if the parts never arrive, never charged. If I ever get the conversion kit I'll post about it.

Luckily I don't need it, just more a nice to have so no harm if I never get it, and only another confirmation to your own recommendation to avoid (which of course is no surprise considering the past).
The following users liked this post:
SpunoutZ (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by SpunoutZ
Glad someone made this thread. So I order a S/C kit last year before GTM went bankrupt. I ordered the tuner kit without the tuner, injectors, and FP. Agreed on 6900. Like a dummy I wired it. Well after all Sam's BS he sent me what they had after a year. The kit without the SC and pipping. So he stalled me out til it changed over to Gamma which Sam still works there just a part owner changed the name. Sent what they had probably for legal purposes so the new owner can wash his hands free. So I email Gamma directly. Owner says GTM went under cause they were selling quality parts for too cheap and they wanted to keep my business so they will credit me the 6900 but I need to come up with 2200 to get the rest of the kit. Seriously? 9k for a S/C kit. I think Stillen is pretty much quality and the kit is 7k and TT kits go for that price. So he's basically saying pay 2200 take it or leave it. Also saying legally he doesn't have to do anything. So if you have a order from before your not getting anything. There's a lot of the group buy guys from 370Z.com thinking their gonna get their stuff but gamma isn't gonna make things right. I screwed myself by taking a chance on GTM and I'm not going to agree with the terms he sent me. I'm trying to find out what I can do but Cali bankruptcy laws favors GTM. I wouldn't send them a dime. I'm here just to warn everyone, these are the type of buisness that ruin aftermarket support for the import community and raise the prices. Please share with the 370Z guys too cause I don't think anyone knows cause everyone calls Sam. Sam's just there to BS you. I have the emails so I'm not a fake customer just hating. Don't deal with them or have them be a vendor here or anywhere.
Is any of your convo's in email? If so i think you would have some recourse? GL Seems like he must have gotten a new tough talking partner. Still a scam shop for sure i guess
SpunoutZ (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 01:40 PM
T-dizee

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Z1 is already back in ties with Gamma Motors. Any parts from my understanding thru z1 where corrected and set to them that were backed ordered for almost 1-2 years. I would hope they would make the same correction with all the people they took money from.
SpunoutZ (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 04:22 PM
SpunoutZ

Originally Posted by T-dizee
Z1 is already back in ties with Gamma Motors. Any parts from my understanding thru z1 where corrected and set to them that were backed ordered for almost 1-2 years. I would hope they would make the same correction with all the people they took money from.
Yeah they patched it up with the vendors cause vendors got a loyal customer base. They know people are gonna go that route. I'm not mad at anyone to go through a 3rd party cause they got to make money too and they are just the bystanders. My thoughts though are is buying any product is like taking cash from a drug dealer. It's the money you want but where and how many people did it screw over, plus this is the reason aftermarket support gets higher prices, less shops, and more and more import enthusiast leave to American. Hell, I thought about it. Been a diehard import guy for 14 years. You can get a quality Helion TT kit for a challenger for right around 6900. SC pro charger kit on a New vette for around 7-8k with Install at a shop I know in town who had a bad experience with GTM and will never deal with them again. The shop here ordered a kit for a customer it took a year to get after his lawyer called.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:19 PM
ogiehooker

Default lawyers and GTM

FINALLY I feel vindicated in my rantings...TOLD YOU...

Lawyer 3 years ago told me 5000 for a retainer and he'll look into my issue...IF it goes to court (backlogged 2-3 yrs) I would have to pay him more....

I think the coksukkazawahara (Sam), needs some street justice....
Old 09-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Escobar

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
FINALLY I feel vindicated in my rantings...TOLD YOU...

Lawyer 3 years ago told me 5000 for a retainer and he'll look into my issue...IF it goes to court (backlogged 2-3 yrs) I would have to pay him more....

I think the coksukkazawahara (Sam), needs some street justice....
Those dirtbags usually get whats coming to them eventually, not to mention they have to live with themselves knowing they are a POS and have no morals or ethics. It all works out eventually but I agree, it would be nice to hit him in the face with a baseball bat
Old 09-30-2015, 10:47 PM
SpunoutZ

More info
Gamma Motors?-image.png
Old 10-01-2015, 07:07 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

gamma motors = gtm

stay the **** away.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:59 PM
norris_83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juztin
Supposedly they got some rich UAE guy or something or backing it now, but unfortunately still have Sam in which case I can't help but remember how they ripped off a lot of people...
I wish it was in fact an original Emirati guy, they are honest 100% and would fix any problems that had happened previously. It's just another group of rip offs and scam artisits.

They've blocked my calls coz I keep asking for my $4500 back, so I have to call them from Skype with the exact same BS excuses!
Old 11-22-2015, 07:03 AM
ogiehooker

Default GL

Good luck getting your money back...Sam robbed parts of my car to the tune of 5000.oo...Tim didn't find out until he began to reassemble my car....he had spray painted parts and called them heat emitting coatings,,he charged for ceramic coatings to heads, valves, pistons etc which he never did..

Sam Cocksuckkazawahara is a ripoff...hope you get your money back...I didn't..lawyer cost 5000 just to investigate and 2-3 yrs backlogged in the courts. The best you can do is blast his azz every chance you get using GAMMA as the bad guy now instead of the bankrupt GTM name...what I do.