Sponsored by:

I Have Been Scammed By A Vendor Of This Site

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 01:19 AM
bhk1004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have Been Scammed By A Vendor Of This Site

hey guys

I finally have had enough with Thoughtz and Zero-2-Sixty that I finally decided that I needed to let this entire site know what is going on. My gf was going to purchase a veilside version 1 spoiler for me for christmas, this past december. Just so happened that I passed the for sale in the classified ads and decided this would be a great way to save my baby a little money.

The original thread of item for sale

everything went well, and communication was absolutely impeccable in the beginning. I would recieve daily pm's to keep me updated that the money hadnt arrived due to a glitch with USPS. The money finally arrived and was signed by ThoughtZ. BTW his name is Richard Verderber. After recieving the money, all communication was completely severed. He ignores my phone calls, will not reply to my pm's even though he will read them and has dissapeared from this site completely.

I ended up having to enlist to help of the 350z club of florida, since the club is in tampa. http://350zclubofflorida.com/index.p...iewtopic&t=589
that is a link to the thread that has majority of this information already on it. It ends up that Richard, AKA ThoughtZ is also Zero-2-Sixty which happens to be a vendor on that site.

If there is anyone here that knows richard personally, and can help me in anyway, I would greatly appreciate it. 1 more thing, I think that since this is dealing with a vendor, I would appreciate it if the administration of my350z helped bring this to justice, and i think it would be advisable if all selling power of this vendor is shut down from this site till this is resolved.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:52 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a personal sale and not a Vendor sale to me. Even if he works at a Vendor, he was selling it personally, so I don't think the Vendor can be held accountable. Probably time to go ahead and file for mail fraud.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:55 AM
FairladyZ

Looks like he screwed a few people. Call your credit card co.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Z04

Originally posted by King Tut
Looks like a personal sale and not a Vendor sale to me. Even if he works at a Vendor, he was selling it personally, so I don't think the Vendor can be held accountable. Probably time to go ahead and file for mail fraud.
even if he was selling personally this would still reflect on being a vendor. if a vendor does this for a personal sale item, makes you wonder just how he conducts business as a vendor and should not exclude him from having to follow the rules. ripping off fellow Z owners is just wrong

Last edited by Z04; 01-17-2005 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:33 AM
bhk1004

what do you mean by he screwed a few people? are there other people with complaint towards him?
Originally posted by FairladyZ
Looks like he screwed a few people. Call your credit card co.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:50 AM
JonsilvZ

Thats why I would only buy stuff from well known big companies online.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:59 AM
mdacko

all these scams going around is making me nervous about buying stuff from the private classifieds section anymore. you just send of hundreds of $$ on good faith that some random person across the country is going to come through and ship your stuff.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:07 PM
agent_smith

At the website I currently moderate (bladent plug, please don't shun me too badly) www.galantspeed.com I modeled the forum's buy/for sale area after www.teamnabr.org's policy. I will admit to basically changing nabr.org for galantspeed.com. The policy just makes too much sense and I had to use it. I love it and I suggest it to nearly all forums that I visit with sale problems. Here is the policy from galantspeed as a suggestion to moderators here:

Galantspeed.com is in no way responsible for the actions of the people who use this forum. If you get cheated it is your fault. If you cheat someone it is your fault and you won't be allowed to post here anymore. When wronged you may ask the galantspeed.com members for help but once again we are not responsible for the actions of others nor are we responsible for making good on debts, promises, etc etc. You post and deal on here at your own risk.

If you are a guy looking to cheat someone we would highly suggest you try elsewhere if you enjoy leading a healthy life. You MUST have at least 25 posts under your belt to post in the For Sale/Want to Buy forum. All violators of this rule will be dealt with accordingly. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 02:00 PM
bhk1004

the only reason that I would like the admin of my350z to help in bringing this all to justice is because I think they are in a way responsible when they take money from the vendors. I maybe we wrong, but at the very least I Would like this vendor shut down until this is resolved so that no one else will end up getting the shaft like I did.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Built2shredZ

I'll only buy private if the guy lives within driving distance.. (no longer then 2 hr drive).... Also when I sale stuff I only sale to people who are willing to drive out here to pick it up... that way they know exactly what there buying... plus i hate packaging stuff and shipping it
Old 01-17-2005, 02:14 PM
MIAPLAYA

What company is he a vendor for?
Old 01-17-2005, 02:37 PM
ZinMiami

Why do you keep saying "vendor"? It looks like a private person-to-person sale in the original thread. Vendor here means a company/business, not an individual.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:38 PM
chachi999999999

Originally posted by mdacko
all these scams going around is making me nervous about buying stuff from the private classifieds section anymore. you just send of hundreds of $$ on good faith that some random person across the country is going to come through and ship your stuff.
I have bought from people in the classified section 3 times and got screwed over twice.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:56 PM
shimz350z

You know I know "Wicked4u2c" has been on the boards for a while...but since I saw this thread I thought I should ask if anyone has bought something from him?

I plan on buying something.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:58 PM
bhk1004

Originally posted by ZinMiami
Why do you keep saying "vendor"? It looks like a private person-to-person sale in the original thread. Vendor here means a company/business, not an individual.
i keep saying vendor since Richard is the representative of his store or whatever on this forum along with 350z club of florida. im not sure if he is a vendor on other sites. So to me and many others, just cause he created a different SN and decided not to tell me he was a vendor does not change the fact that to me and many others, it is still a shady vendor that is taking advantage of a situation.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:09 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by shimz350z
You know I know "Wicked4u2c" has been on the boards for a while...but since I saw this thread I thought I should ask if anyone has bought something from him?

I plan on buying something.
I bought something but it was from his company and all was fine about 2 years ago, a small antenna for the Z.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:08 PM
shimz350z

Originally posted by westpak
I bought something but it was from his company and all was fine about 2 years ago, a small antenna for the Z.
thanks for the reply westpak...it just helps my conscience
Old 01-17-2005, 06:16 PM
mpol99

I buy stuff online all the time. I have been lucky so far, though. Literally hundreds of transactions over the years and I only got ripped off once for a $150 spoiler for my old 300zx
Old 01-18-2005, 09:52 AM
King Tut

Originally posted by Z04
even if he was selling personally this would still reflect on being a vendor. if a vendor does this for a personal sale item, makes you wonder just how he conducts business as a vendor and should not exclude him from having to follow the rules. ripping off fellow Z owners is just wrong
I'll admit if he is the ONLY person working at the Vendor then I could see doing something about his Vendor status, but a company can't help what its employees decide to do when not at work. Just because a guy working at Wal Mart stiffs you doesn't mean that you won't shop at Wal Mart. I don't know this guy or this company, I just think it is important to note that this was not technically a vendor sale but a personal sale.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:42 AM
bhk1004

Originally posted by King Tut
I'll admit if he is the ONLY person working at the Vendor then I could see doing something about his Vendor status, but a company can't help what its employees decide to do when not at work. Just because a guy working at Wal Mart stiffs you doesn't mean that you won't shop at Wal Mart. I don't know this guy or this company, I just think it is important to note that this was not technically a vendor sale but a personal sale.
from what I have heard its like a 2 person internet company thing. So he is about half the company, and also his work partner has been ignoring me also....

Quick Reply: I Have Been Scammed By A Vendor Of This Site