Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

June 06 pre-order, no car or VIN yet

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 02:56 PM
buda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy June 06 pre-order, no car or VIN yet

Out of curiosity, is there anyone else out there that plunked down money in June but has yet to receive their Z?

I ordered a Silverstone touring model with 6M and 1k down at MSRP. Whenever I query the dealer he appears to be annoyed to even speak about the subject. Ordered from Cowles Nissan in Woodbridge, Virginia with an estimated delivery date of Sep/Oct.
Old 11-09-2002, 03:30 PM
gstdtim

There are people who ordered in January and February without their Z's yet. I ordered in May and mine won't be here for another month at least.
Old 11-09-2002, 04:27 PM
Zerostixxs

I just took delivery of a base Daytona Blue this past Friday and I ordered on the same day you did buda. I'm in Chicago, Illinois but you should at least have a VIN #. Try getting a order number from the dealer to make sure the order went in.

-Joe
Old 11-10-2002, 03:49 AM
buda

Thanks for the updates. Apparently I am not alone and should not complain. This still sucks.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:50 AM
TWK

I ordered from the same dealer and have been getting all sorts of disinformation. To make a long story short I know for a fact that my order finally did get to Nissan on Sept 12 and they have provided me with a work order #. Everytime I ask Jerry (the sales manager) anything about the status of my order ie. VIN # or ETA he acts pissed that I would even dare to want any information about the car I have already paid $1000 for. Either he is the most uninformed sales manger that I have ever heard of or he' just plain full of s---!
Old 11-11-2002, 08:57 AM
SandMan

Originally posted by TWK
I ordered from the same dealer and have been getting all sorts of disinformation. To make a long story short I know for a fact that my order finally did get to Nissan on Sept 12 and they have provided me with a work order #. Everytime I ask Jerry (the sales manager) anything about the status of my order ie. VIN # or ETA he acts pissed that I would even dare to want any information about the car I have already paid $1000 for. Either he is the most uninformed sales manger that I have ever heard of or he' just plain full of s---!
Your sales manager gets pissed when you ask him stuff about YOUR car? Uhmm.. that really sucks, I mean you put a deposit of 1k, why is he getting pissed when you want a VIN? Dude your sales manager is a *****.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:01 AM
Anthz

I Pre-ordered in June (1st) also, and haven't heard a word. Salesmen act clueless. I'm not scheduled until Dec. though. Getting close, I hope.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:48 AM
TWK

I really think the sales manager is upset because I know more about the process than he does. I began trying to order a car in July only to be told that it was impossible. They did take my money thought to make sure that I would get the "next available order". In Sept. I got a call saying they had been allowed one more "special preorder" and to come in right away to configure the car the way I wanted it. Right then I knew they were lying because there is no so such thing as a preorder after June. So now I wait with my order number, probably bogus, with no idea when I will get a car. If I didn't want this car so much I would love to tell them where to put it. I have owned every type of Z-car since the 240 and still have a soft spot for them.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Sabre

That sucks. I guess I'm fortunate that I'm not one of the unforunate ones. I orderd June 7 and I got my car on 10/31.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:44 PM
rahilio

ordered on aug 1st with a december delivery date
got my vin a couple weeks ago eta
dealer emailed me the order info they get from nissan
11/20/02
Old 11-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Zerostixxs

Originally posted by rahilio
ordered on aug 1st with a december delivery date
got my vin a couple weeks ago eta
dealer emailed me the order info they get from nissan
11/20/02

Hey were gonna be Z base brothers!! I just got delivery of my base Daytona Blue Z!
Old 11-11-2002, 10:25 PM
Jason

It amazes me that some people still haven't gotten their pre-order cars.

The dealership keeps calling and saying, "Hey, we got 2 Zs just sitting here on our lot, why don't you come down and take another look?"
Old 11-12-2002, 12:18 AM
JamieH

Default Pre-Orders

I think anyone who ordered early (pre-June) and hasn't gotten their Z yet got lied to by the dealer. Maybe the dealers sold more than their pre-order allotment, hoping people would just wait for their car a little longer.

I ordered near the very end of the pre-order period and got my car this Sunday, but it came in a full week before that (had to make a long trip to get it.)
Old 11-16-2002, 09:12 AM
buda

Angry Order Update

Although I still don't have a VIN I am now told that my Z is due in on 12 Dec. When I asked how they could possibly predict this without a VIN I was given the look of "who the @$#% do you think you are."

To top things off the last time I visited the dealer on 10 Nov there was a brand new black touring model, all options, listed at 41K, sitting on the sales floor. I was told that the owner of the dealership had ordered it but now didn't want it. Then the bastards had the gall to offer it to me in lieu of the one I ordered, to include paying 5k more than what I ordered. Nice guys.

This is really frustrating. I almost gave up on the Z that same day as I drove past the Infinity dealer. They had just received a fresh shipment of G35 SC and I could have had my pick of the litter.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Pathy01

Default Non Pre-Order due 1st week December

I agree that most likely your dealer lied to you and had already filled their allotment for pre-orders before you ordered. I put in a non pre-order on June 29th and got my VIN on 11-6 with an ETA of the first week of december. I wouldn't imagine non pre-orders would have been built and be on their way until all pre-orders were built and shipped. Hopefully for you, the last pre-orders and the first non pre-orders are coming together and you'll get yours the first week of december as well. Good luck to you, and I hope you get your Z soon.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:24 AM
SandMan

I sure hope they didn't screw you guys over. They might have ordered it and told you "no VIN YET" Because they don't want you to know the car is already there, but they are trying to sell it under your nose for a profit??? This would be a total nightmare. Damn I hope this is not the case, but it sure is possible.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:42 PM

's Avatar

I ordered one in Sept and I am getting it this week. If I were you I would get back my deposit ( if you had to give one) go to another dealer and order one from them. Some dealers are offering the cancelled orders ( one that come in and the person can't afford it) at MSRP. You have a good chance of getting your car by Feb. I know it is later than you were told but I think they are BSing ya because you should have received a VIN. I wouldn't give them the time of day and certainly wouldn'g give them $36K.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:32 AM
buda

Angry 11/24 update

Still no Z, no VIN, yet an ETA of 12 Dec. I do have to say that the G35SC just keeps looking better and better. Doesn't hurt that MT magazine just awarded it the New Car of the Year Award.

Fingers still crossed. More to follow.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:21 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

As far as I can tell, anyone with a pre-order who didn't get their car before a few weeks ago was screwed by their dealer, and has every right to complain. Most likely the dealer is just lying, ordered wrong, sold the car to someone else, or forgot to order in time. And I haven't heard of one dealer saying "sorry, I made a mistake" yet.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Lightning

this seems kinda silly to me.. i understand the whole preorder process, but when i can walk onto a lot and buy one at MSRP while people are still waiting for their cars is silly. my apologies to those still waiting, cause i love my car, but this is odd to me.