Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

SA preview event Info from NNA

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 12:14 AM
350zfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SA preview event Info from NNA

Just got back from a Nissan sponsored preview of the 350Z in San Antonio at the ZCCA Nat’l convention. WOW! This car is great. Finally got to sit in it. I’m 6’4” and fit with room to spare. We got to meet Mr. K personally, what a great guy (his 350Z will be Chrome Silver.) They confirmed the EARLIEST delivery date as September for those of us that ordered in Jan/Feb and as late as November for the most recent orders. The guy I talked to has driven many 350’s and his general consensus was ‘as great as you think this car will be, when you get behind the wheel and drive it, it’s better than you ever thought it could be’ He said the VDC was very mellow and NOT obtrusive (like a 2000 Corvette) they worked out the bugs in the Q45 and you barely notice the system when its on. You can turn VDC off but he wasn’t sure if that meant completely off or like the Q45 just raised to a higher threshold. A CONVERTIBLE model is CONFIRMED for spring 2003, two models available only instead of 5, a Touring and a lesser model (he wasn’t sure what all the lesser model would/wouldn’t have.) Nismo is working on several aftermarket parts, cat-back exhaust, intake, etc. even a supercharger or turbo but no final word on which or when, he just said ‘after you drive this car you’ll realize you don’t need one’ Hmmm, don’t need more power – we’ll see about that. He also said there might possibly be a key to buy from Nismo that would be something special ala the 90-96 key. Several parts and accessories are on their way.

The best news of all is that all of us pre-order customers can expect something “special” in the mail prior to July 4th telling us all the final stats. He didn’t go in to great detail about it other than to say ‘we wanted to give all the people like you who bought this car sight un-seen something special’ I told him to send us all one of the new keys when they’re available! Anyway, what a great car. He said it outperforms the 300ZXTT in every aspect with straight-line acceleration being the only thing close. They started it up in the lobby for us-WOW what quick response in regards to revving and a deep exhaust note that puts anything else stock out there (with the exception of the exotics) to shame. With the Nismo exhaust it should be UN-REAL! Enough of my rambling. I think we all made VERY wise decisions as far as choosing the 350Z, just cant wait to drive mine!