Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dallas Delivery in Feb?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Namagomi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas Delivery in Feb?

Well, the folks from Courtesy Nissan called me about a deliver date (but conviently ignored my question if they were honoring the lease prices on nissans website). Sadly, they called me in the middle of a nap, so the details were kind of fuzzy. They said I could order from them this month, but I would need a 1k deposit (which is going towards the price of the car, right? I was too sleepy to ask). I think the guy said the car would be delivered in Feb, but also said something about 6 months. Would it make more sense for the car to be delivered in Feb 2003, or July 2003? I heard Courtsey is getting more cars (so I'm hoping it's Feb), due to their honoring Nissans MSRP, but maybe I'm gonna have to negociate em to get MSRP. So, anyone have any ideas? I'm pretty worried if the delivery would be in July 2003. I'd hate to have a Z-less summer
Old 11-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Zay

Yes the 1k deposit goes toward the price of the car. But more importantly, I think you need to lay off the sleeping pills and give Courtesy a call and get the facts straight.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:07 PM
WayneTN

Default Re: Dallas Delivery in Feb?

Originally posted by Namagomi
Well, the folks from Courtesy Nissan called me about a deliver date. They said I could order from them this month, but I would need a 1k deposit (which is going towards the price of the car, right? I was too sleepy to ask). I think the guy said the car would be delivered in Feb, but also said something about 6 months. Would it make more sense for the car to be delivered in Feb 2003, or July 2003? I heard Courtsey is getting more cars (so I'm hoping it's Feb), due to their honoring Nissans MSRP, but maybe I'm gonna have to negociate em to get MSRP. So, anyone have any ideas? I'm pretty worried if the delivery would be in July 2003. I'd hate to have a Z-less summer
You'd need to talk to them again to finalize the details. But your deposit most definitely should go towards the price of the car when you take delivery. It may or may not be refundable (if you back out), so you'd need to find out that, too.

Ordering now would mean that it would be placed with NNA the first week of December. I would think March would be a more logical delivery date, but they maybe could get it in in February.

You mentioned "6 months". Six months from Now would be May, not July. Where did you get July?

Sounds like you just need to call them back and find out some more details. Jot down your questions ahead of time and make some notes when you talk to them.

Good luck in your pursuit of a Z.
WayneTN
Old 11-11-2002, 03:13 PM
zcar70

Default Delivery time Start to Finish

The going rate from ordering the 350z to actual delivery to you is about 12 weeks, according to NNA.

The Nissan dealer places his order at the beginning of every month and is allotted a certain number of 350Zs. Depending on the waiting list at the dealership, you car is usually built approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the order goes in.

Normal delivery time after the car is completed is 4 weeks. However due to the west coast shipping problems and stricter customs inspections, that has been running about 8 weeks.

SO....if you order your Z today, and the dealer puts it in his December order, you can expect to get it sometime in late March or early April.

This is all from a NNA rep I spoke to last week.

FWIW
Old 11-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Namagomi

Default Re: Re: Dallas Delivery in Feb?

Originally posted by Zay
Yes the 1k deposit goes toward the price of the car. But more importantly, I think you need to lay off the sleeping pills and give Courtesy a call and get the facts straight.
Yeah, I'm defintly giving them a call, or shooting them an email. I need to lay off the homework, not the sleep pills

Originally posted by WayneTN
You mentioned "6 months". Six months from Now would be May, not July. Where did you get July?
I interpreted the 6 months as six months after Feburary, but, of course, I was half asleep