Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Watch out for Palm Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002 | 09:25 PM
ciscomike

Default Watch out for Palm Nissan

I was a pre-order customer in June for a black/charcoal Touring. Gave a $2000 deposit on my credit card. Waited 4 months with no contact from dealer, then got a call that car would be in at the end of Nov. I then got a call in late October that car was at dealer, so I got a whole 24 hour notice. I am out of state quite a bit so was not able to take delivery, so I told the salesman to let the car go and I would re-order. Keep in mind I have no contract, simply a pre-order form and a authorization to charge the credit card. I then called the salesman and told him to refund the deposit, especially since after a 4 month wait I was only given a 24 hour notice for delivery. Salesman said no problem, he get my card credited. I call back a week later since I received no credit, and salsman asks me to fax the credit card authorization so they have that to credit the card. I wait another week for the credit to appear, I call the guy and he says he couldnt find the fax. Says his desk is very messy!!! Apologizes profusely, then asks for the credit card # verbally, and assures me he will take care of it personally and call me. I wait 3 days, call back and ask for an accounting manager. I explain the story to the manager, he sympathizes and says he will take care of it and call me. No call back as yet and I have a feeling it will be a very cold day before I get a call. I am starting to realize I am going to have to get state and local consumer agencies involved, and possibly have to sue to recover. Just be careful dealing with this type of dealer. Anybody have any advice how to get through to these guys??? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2002 | 09:54 PM
whatever
Veteran
Premier Member

similar thing happen to me when I put a deposite down for a CLK about month and a half ago. A few weeks goes by after I cancelled my order and asking for a refund, I still didn't get a refund. I actually end up going back to the dealership and sat there for 2 hours waiting for the fleet manager to figure out how to use the credit card machine to refund my deposit.... Even Mercedes dealership are no exceptions...
My advice? if you can go there in person and deal directly with the manager..., it seems to be more effective since a pissed off potential buyer sitting in the middle of their showroom is not good business for them...
Old 11-11-2002 | 11:51 PM
Phatmitzu

That sucked. Best to get everthing on paper before signing or giving any deposits.