Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

triple digit speeding tickets. who has the fastest ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:43 AM
mpol99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 106 in a 65 that Cost me ~$650 in court fees & $100 for an attorney. If that happened anywhere near Chicago, I'd end up in jail.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:11 AM
LeanerJoe
Banned

I'll entertain this....

I was in my friends 03 CL-type s coming home from a dinner late on a Monday night. I was traveling north on I-75 in Sarasota, Florida going towards my house in Tampa. I was moving at around 90 when I saw some HID's closing real fast on me, so I decided to play. It was a new Maxima doing over 100. Well I took it out of 6th and punched it. We were playing for a while getting up to and around 120 130 135..and so on. Traffic was very light.....We stopped and leveled off around 100. I was about 8 or 10 car lengths ahead of him and a spotted another set of headlight that looked like a sports car closing real hard....so again the only natural reaction was to throw it into 4th and punch it. 105..110...120...125...then the blueberries came on. That's right it was a Florida Highway Patrol in a new Z28. In Florida the FHP has some pretty nice 165mph Z28 in their fleet. He managed to pull both of us over, and was nice to me since he didn't have a laser reading on me. He said when he had me out of the car, that he came up behind us at 100 and I was "pulling away hard" so he wrote it for 110 in a 70. He said it was a "pace" clock. I ending up getting the ticket dismissed. If anybody needs a good traffic attorney in or around Tampa just let me know... www.goscottfree.com
Old 02-21-2005, 08:27 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HA! Pansies!

I Outrun the Police Helicopter with my E-Brake On and a Flat tire!!

lol
Old 02-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Destiny350Z

When I got pulled over by the cops for doing 83 in a 70 he was so busy checking out the car that he didn't notice my license was expired!!! Now thats a hot car!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 09:34 AM
2Fishy4U

Cool

Originally posted by 330R
Oh no, it's you again LOL
Going 111 MPH in a Z is not all that bad. I normally can get the car over 100MPH while merging and it is kinda fun. I slow down a bit once I hit the freeway, but why buy a sports car if your not going to go fast on occasion.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:39 AM
slidewayz

115mph in a 35. Not something I am very proud of, however it's an intertaining story if anybody wants to read.

Before I got my Z, my only car was my civic. It's a Saturday night and I was Dj'n a UGA sorority event at a hotel. Lets just say during the event I hooked-up with some girls (**** tease #1) who were wanting me to come back to the hotel room with them (they all are already half drunk). Working for a DJ company, you half to return the equipment to the storage lockers as soon as the event is over. My plan was to drop the stuff off as fast as i could and then truck it to the hotel.
Instead, I had work related issues that held me up way too long. I ran into a friend (on his Honda 929), from there we were rushing as fast as we could to get to the hotel. Well we accually made it, but when we got to the room we found every last girl pasted out or about to be.
After we realized that it was time to leave, I was going to follow my firend to a large party on the other side of town. I didn't know where it was so I was following him. Like an idiot I followed him (note that it's 2am and nobodys on the roads). When we hit one road the speed limit was 45, but it one particullar spot it turned into a 35 at an intersection; guess who was sitting in the shadows. I didn't even see him untill I reached a red light at the end of the road. Sitting at the light I seen blue lights from behind me and my "friend" infront running the light to get away. I obviously don't think all the time, but I knew not to try to out run the cop. So I pulled over. The officer claimed he was going to let me go with a ticket (**** tease #2), but when he cam back - - - "Could you step out of the car please. My supervisor told me that I have to bring you in."
Old 02-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally posted by 2Fishy4U
but why buy a sports car if your not going to go fast on occasion.
Exactly! At least this guy was smart enough to do it out in the middle of nowhere where he couldn't hurt anyone. Going fast is nowhere near as dangerous as when people cut someone off within inches, floor it for about 100 feet, slam on the brakes, cut someone else off, and so on... Those are the dangerous people. Speeding on a deserted country road is at least not going to put anyone else in danger.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Wotnot

Default I hate to admit this...dumb move ...

but I was coming home from dinner very late one night a few months back and I reached a lonely straight stretch of the highway heading south towards the US border.

Well I shifted down to fourth and put my foot in it right up through 6th......when I exited the highway and was waiting at the stop sign at athe end of the offramp, a grey Van pulled up behind me with the cherries on and out steps an RCMP.....first thing out of his mouth was...

"It's a good thing you finally stopped as I couldn't even begin to keep up with you.....I stopped looking at the clock after you broke 190 kph"

anyway....tks to a clean driving record , he only busted me for simple speeding, but it cost me in dollars and demerit points...

Maybe I should have taken my daily driver that night.....or maybe not,,,,, ...it's so hard to resist the temptation!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Default Re: I hate to admit this...dumb move ...

Originally posted by Wotnot
but I was coming home from dinner very late one night a few months back and I reached a lonely straight stretch of the highway heading south towards the US border.

Well I shifted down to fourth and put my foot in it right up through 6th......when I exited the highway and was waiting at the stop sign at athe end of the offramp, a grey Van pulled up behind me with the cherries on and out steps an RCMP.....first thing out of his mouth was...

"It's a good thing you finally stopped as I couldn't even begin to keep up with you.....I stopped looking at the clock after you broke 190 kph"

anyway....tks to a clean driving record , he only busted me for simple speeding, but it cost me in dollars and demerit points...

Maybe I should have taken my daily driver that night.....or maybe not,,,,, ...it's so hard to resist the temptation!!!!!!!!
If only you could've kept going and never noticed him back there. LOL
Old 02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
CaneZMD

Hey SQ40, what kind of helicopters they got up there in West Virginia?? Ha!

This thread is pretty funny. I used to work at a tire store and we had this guy who always got dropped off at work. Turns out he hadn't had a license in years. To make a long story short, he got caught doing 170 in a 65 in a souped up '70's PICKUP TRUCK!! I asked him how he got caught and he said "I ran out of gas"!!! They charged him with attempted murder of himself!

A coupled months ago I was late for rounds and I live about 22 miles from the hospital. I averaged about 105 the whole way, and got there in 13 minutes. (It was sunday, and no, for the flamers, I don't drive like that everyday.)

It's pretty ironic driving that fast as a doc on your way to the Trauma center.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:15 PM
bstfugtfomrfn

Slidewayz... Tickets in GA will cost ya the farm... My brother got a $645 ticket for 21 over.

The most frustrating ticket I got was last month in my Z (the worst was on a StreetBike).

I was heading South through West Palm Beach doing about 90 on a 70mph posted section of I-95. WAY up ahead I see some FHP's hiding under an over pass. I slow down to 70 all respectable like, and sure enough i get pulled over. Knowing the law (because its my job) I politely make a little bit of a stink... aka: "Excuse me officer, just curious, but How is it you intend to prove that you made an independant oberservation of my illegal speed in high volume traffic through 3 different lanes, and at over 1500 yards away?"

He smiled politely and pointed up. Squinting, I looked up and raised my left hand to block the glare of the sun. Flying buy was a Blue and White Piper turbo-prop with a big a$$ FHP decal on the bottom. Evidently he had nailed me 2 miles earlier when I was doing 88 passed some slowbee's in the left lane. Radio'd in a descirption of my car to the fellas on the ground, and that was all it took.

Ewwww that was frustrating.

~AJ
Old 02-21-2005, 08:40 PM
DIE DIE

My last ticket was over 2 years ago, (really calmed me down ) it was for "estimated 115+" <--- thats what the ticket said...

I went to court and tried to fight it, cause the cop didn't get it on radar and it said estimated right on the ticket...Cop told the judge his reasoning for estimating "115+" was because when he looked down at his speedo while chasing me, his "speed read 115 and I was still steadily pulling away"
Old 02-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Bini2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is one for you:
Old 02-22-2005, 07:36 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Speeding tickets are nothing to be proud of or to boast about...

In fact, in my line of work (Pharmaceutical Sales), I am furnished with a company car (Sebring or Grand Prix). The company does DMV checks at least once or twice a year....If I get a speeding ticket, my job might be in jeopardy!

If I were to get a DUI, I would be terminated immediately.

Yes, I do drive my Z "enthusiastically", but I make a concerted effort to stay within a certain range in terms of posted speed limits (i.e. Posted Speed Limit is 65 MPH on major interstate and 95% of traffic is at 80 MPH.....I can safely drive 80-85 MPH as long as I "stay in a pack" and not be a lone speedster)
Old 02-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Originally posted by Bini2
Here is one for you:

151 MPH?? That's just plain crazy! Was this dude on his way to emergency surgery at the hospital?? WTF ??
Old 02-22-2005, 08:22 AM
onii

i was going 75 in a 25 zone..the cops followed me home but didnt give me a ticket.

what bout slowest ticket speeds? I got one goin 37mph..lol
Old 02-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Destiny350Z

Wow we all are little lead footed speed demons!!!!!! Go us!!! Oh wait,... I mean we should obey the law at all times.... or we might get Rodney Kinged! LOL
Old 02-22-2005, 10:11 AM
ANXIOUZ

Originally posted by CaneZMD
A coupled months ago I was late for rounds and I live about 22 miles from the hospital. I averaged about 105 the whole way, and got there in 13 minutes. (It was sunday, and no, for the flamers, I don't drive like that everyday.)

It's pretty ironic driving that fast as a doc on your way to the Trauma center.
I actually read an article once where it put the Doctor profession at the top of the worst drivers list. I think Lawyers were 2nd or 3rd.

Ironically, my wife is in medical school and she hates ( ) the Z. So maybe I don't have to worry so much.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Lerxst

A little off topic... here's the costliest ticket...

"At 46 miles an hour, he didn't set any land-speed records. But Nokia executive Anssa Vanjoki could set the record for the costliest ever speeding ticket -- a $103,000 fine.

Vanjoki, a 45-year-old executive vice president of Nokia's mobile phones division, is fighting to get the fine reduced.

He was slapped with the ticket for speeding on a motorcycle in a 31-mph zone on an island near Helsinki last October, chief police inspector Olli Yliskoski said."

The fine is based on your prior year's income...
Old 02-22-2005, 11:03 AM
zmespeed

Originally posted by Bini2
Here is one for you:
mine made the paper too. but didnt have this big of an article.

Quick Reply: triple digit speeding tickets. who has the fastest ticket