Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one come close to trading in their "Z"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 01:20 PM
DaChoZn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any one come close to trading in their "Z"?

Or am I the only one that has considered it but didn't do it? I came so close to trading my Z for a 2004 Acura TL. What I really like about the TL was the refinement. The interior design is sweet!! Navigation, Bluetooth, telescoping steering wheel, sunroof, sweet sounding stereo, LED illuminated gauges, etc, etc. As far as exterior, it's nice too. The optional body kit makes it look even sportier. I came so close but just couldn't do it. I got a really good deal too on trade-in and for the TL. I was in total control because I had nothing to lose. It was a win, win situation. If they didn't give me what I wanted I'd keep my "Z". If they did, I got a new car. The salesman knew this and was really offering me a great deal. I think what made be change my mind was when he took the Z out to appraise it. When I saw it drive off and then come back all I could say was, "Damn my car looks sweet!". The Z looked so bad *** pulling up and driving off. The TL is definately a nice car. No doubt. It's just not as sexy as my Z in my opinion. If I were ready for a more practical car I'd seriously consider the TL. Has anyone been through this? I swear I couldn't sleep trying to decide If should trade it in. Now that its over I can breath a big sigh of relief. I think I made the right choice. What do you think?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:31 PM
JimRHIT

I almost traded on an M5 last month ... then I let my friend drive my car .. and watched it in action ... couldn't let her go
Old 02-21-2005, 01:39 PM
boldenmd

Sure. I came close ... and traded it for another Z.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:24 PM
ssc

if the tl were RWD and two doors...then i would very seriously consider it
Old 02-21-2005, 02:40 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thought about trading for an elise and getting the 400hp forced fed turbo kit for it, but in the long run it'll be cheaper for my situation to turbo the Z and buy a used elise in 4 years then turbo it...
Old 02-21-2005, 03:09 PM
DrVolkl

Sat in an M5 last week. (2002). Started me thinking, but nothing doin yet.

It'll probbaly come down to the day I decide to either FI my car or not.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:45 PM
dolemizer

go fast goodies are still being developed for the Z, i would recommend resisting the speed temptation until they are all released.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:06 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dolemizer
go fast goodies are still being developed for the Z, i would recommend resisting the speed temptation until they are all released.

just waiting for a heavy duty fuel system to be developed. Otherwise, what's missing? I have this funny feeling stuff will continue to be developed for the next many years
Old 02-21-2005, 05:17 PM
bobS

Alllllmost traded in for a e46 m3, but i decided i want to move into a nice place in sept. and i didn't want to be stretched financially, so instead i'll just start modding her hehehe
Old 02-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Lonerider

Thought and still am thinking about selling mine and getting an Integra Type R (so car payments wouldn't be so high) or an Sti(for 4 seats) but I figure I may not get a chance to buy another sports car for a while as I'm getting older and will have more responsibilities like a wife and kids.
Plus the Z is a really sweet car. It's extremely hard to let go of.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:04 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Only one car could tempt me away from my Z .. its made in italy.. and its out of my price range.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:14 PM
SB Track

TL is sweet. The fully loaded 6mt with Navigation and sport tires is only $35.5k. However, my friend's TL parked next to my Z shows just how much bigger it is. FWD too that kind sucks.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:18 PM
zackman

Expecting a baby and need a backseat but the TL seems boring on the outside and the way it drives. Acura/Honda needs to grow up and offer rear wheel drive vehicles. The TL offers a lot for the money but the car is boring compared to the Z.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:41 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

It's too bad Acura didn't revise the CL Type-S along with the TL. A RWD coupe with the 300 hp RL engine would be very popular I suspect.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:46 PM
2003z

yeah, I came close. I was burning a qt of oil every 600 miles and my front end paint job had some problems, so I was gonna take everything off and trade it on a black 05 Z. Got the engine replaced under warranty though and the front end repainted and kept it. There isn't really another car out now that I want, other than an Elise, and thats saying something from someone who normally gets a new car every 12-15 months.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:04 PM
JamHooks

You know I was tempted to trade in my z to almost every new car thats out there. Sti, tl, new mitsu, new sky, mustang, But... I would like to invite everyone to go to your z and Look at it. The sheer beauty of the car. the Lines and what you put into it to make it yours. How can anyone say that this car is not one of the hottest cars out there. No one is even close. some got beauty and not hp. some got hp but no beauty. Z owners dont be fooled buy the Johnny come latelys. All of us have the hottest cars out there. If you want fast Buy a turbo kit or a mustang. If you want to PIMP keep the Z!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 10:24 PM
FairladyZ

Yeah on an Red 04 Cobra with about 3000 miles. It was close but I wasnt going to make the same mistake twice. I sold my heads/cam WS6, and miss that beast. I wasnt going to miss my 350Z.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:31 PM
MovingViolation

The only cars that I would trade my '03 in for are currently out of my price range...which is kind of a good thing. Maybe an '06 Z in the fall cause my warranty will almost be done.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:33 PM
JamHooks

Sounds to me Like ur a Ford fan. I'm not a any one type of car fan at all. In fact I like the new mustang, I think that ford did some thing good there. I just think the Z is one of the best Lookin cars out there. I still get looks and the car is 2 years old, with very few body mods. I think that shows you made a good choice when u got the z.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:39 PM
rolling

Originally posted by 2003z
yeah, I came close. I was burning a qt of oil every 600 miles and my front end paint job had some problems, so I was gonna take everything off and trade it on a black 05 Z. Got the engine replaced under warranty though and the front end repainted and kept it. There isn't really another car out now that I want, other than an Elise, and thats saying something from someone who normally gets a new car every 12-15 months.
heh YEA thats for sure ill secont that exactly!!
Im 33 y.o and had more than 30 cars/ trucks (95% foreign) i see long term ownership of my Z (over 2 years lol)
unless a factory turbo / SC comes arround ..

Quick Reply: Any one come close to trading in their "Z"?