Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mofoz
no offense, but your opinion doesnt matter. what matters is filling market spaces. there will be the skyline to fill the $45,000+ 400hp+ market, while the z will remain bang for the buck. A factory turbo 350z and simultaneous release of an equally as powerful z and skyline would hurt both sides sales. i bet 50% of people on this board wouldnt have bought a 350z if it started at 43,000 turbo'd. Nissan would be much better off with a top of the line car, and an entry level sports car.
Exactly. Nissan made this car to be an affordable sports car, $40k+ would be failing that objective IMO. The target age group is 18/20-35. What 20 year old can afford a 42,000 car?
Old 03-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Scott n Houston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no offense, but your opinion doesnt matter. what matters is filling market spaces. there will be the skyline to fill the $45,000+ 400hp+ market, while the z will remain bang for the buck. A factory turbo 350z and simultaneous release of an equally as powerful z and skyline would hurt both sides sales. i bet 50% of people on this board wouldnt have bought a 350z if it started at 43,000 turbo'd. Nissan would be much better off with a top of the line car, and an entry level sports car.

Well, of course 50% of the board wouldn't have bought it at $43k with a turbo. It's a much different demographic, but there'd be another board full of other members who did buy it for $43k with a turbo.

You said it can't cross market segments, then went on to say they can't do it. Well, this board and the replies are illustrating exactly why they can have both NA and a Turbo Z. It won't take market share away.

They've been talking about the Skyline for years, but if Nissan ever brings it over, it would be a mistake. They just need to Turbo the Z and be done with it. Then have that be their higher-end offering.

The problem with the Skyline is that everyone who envies it, can't afford it, and those that can afford wouldn't buy it if it was here. There are too many other cars that are much better vehicles for that price range. (I'm guessing $60k and up).
Sorry to say that here, but it's true.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:36 PM
cloudy

It would be way overpriced if they made a 350z with a turbo, and would probably be better off to buy like a base model 350z and turbo it, where it would be even faster. Unless you wanted a factory warrantied twinturbo and just leave it at the stock speed.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Scott n Houston
Well, of course 50% of the board wouldn't have bought it at $43k with a turbo. It's a much different demographic, but there'd be another board full of other members who did buy it for $43k with a turbo.

You said it can't cross market segments, then went on to say they can't do it. Well, this board and the replies are illustrating exactly why they can have both NA and a Turbo Z. It won't take market share away.

They've been talking about the Skyline for years, but if Nissan ever brings it over, it would be a mistake. They just need to Turbo the Z and be done with it. Then have that be their higher-end offering.

The problem with the Skyline is that everyone who envies it, can't afford it, and those that can afford wouldn't buy it if it was here. There are too many other cars that are much better vehicles for that price range. (I'm guessing $60k and up).
Sorry to say that here, but it's true.
The "Skyline" is coming here next year. Otherwise Nissan wouldn't have gotten a copyright/registered on "Infiniti GT-R". And the updated concept car is being unvealed at an auto show in the fall of this year. Plus, i've emailed Nissan before and they said that the GTR WILL come to America around 2007.

The target is the C6 Z06, and no i'm not kidding. The Z06 is going to cost way on up there, so i'm sure the GTR price will be able to compete.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Scott n Houston

Originally posted by nis350ztt
The "Skyline" is coming here next year. Otherwise Nissan wouldn't have gotten a copyright/registered on "Infiniti GT-R". And the updated concept car is being unvealed at an auto show in the fall of this year. Plus, i've emailed Nissan before and they said that the GTR WILL come to America around 2007.

The target is the C6 Z06, and no i'm not kidding. The Z06 is going to cost way on up there, so i'm sure the GTR price will be able to compete.
If that ends up happening, it's a shame. It's going to get its *** handed to it by the Z06.
The Z06 will be a $70k car or there about, so I guess that's what they think the GTR will be?
It will be interesting to see what happens.

And if what you say does happen, then having a Turbo Z that fits in between these cars at around $45k would not step on the GTR's market space at all. That's 2 totally different segments again, so dammit, bring back the Turbo Z!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:26 PM
JamHooks

If Nissan made 45k turbo that would have to go aginst a corvette(not z06). I also belive that if a z33 turbo came out starting price can't be 45k. maybe with a covert. and all opt. I would think if they were smart (nissan) they would start turbo coupes at 36, an then charge for every option.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Mantis3024

imagine what insurance would be like on that...turbo'd, 2-door, 2-seater, sports coupe
Old 03-03-2005, 09:27 PM
engiNERD350Z

Originally posted by Mantis3024
imagine what insurance would be like on that...turbo'd, 2-door, 2-seater, sports coupe
for a 22 year old
Old 03-03-2005, 11:14 PM
JamHooks

ooof Killer. But Im sure it would cheeper than a vette. On a side note what would it cost to insure a new mustang or Gto for a 22 year old. compared to a turbo z33 its the same. 2 door + 400 hp + 22 year old + New driver ( excuse to them to charge more ) = New enzo for the owner of the insurance company or at least a few oil changes.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:31 PM
HOMiEZ

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

i agree