Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Insurance rate went up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Insurance rate went up?

I was wondering if anyone else had their rate got up on their 350Z like mine did. I way paying only $714/yr in PA through Erie Insurance. Granted, I have a Multi car discount, and my home policy as well on my policy. I also store my ZR for 3 mths. My new rate is $833/yr.

I had no accidents, no tickets(he he yet!) and no claims on any of my cars.

My Audi went down from $762 to $752/yr.

All that my agent could say is that the insurance rating on the 350Z went up due to cost of repairs and parts.

I say BULL$hit!!!

Anyone else in my situations have the same thing happen. Good drivers should not have to pay more!!!

Old 03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Zcarboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine went down $400 a year after replacing my 2001 Mustang GT with 2004 350Z. I don't know why and how but not complaing here.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Redfoot

your agent gave you the typical uneducated answer. unfortunately your rates are not soley based on your own driving / claim record. if it was, some of us would not pay ****, while others wouldn't have a chance in hell of ever being able to afford the necessary coverage. since the new Z has been out for over two years now, the Insurance Companies have been able to generate an experience factor for our car. Unfortunately to many a55holes have been unable to control the vehicle (or themselves) and we will ALL pay higher rates. remember, the basic premise of insurance is that the premiums of the many pay for the claims of the few. so the more claims the few have the higher the premiums we (the many) ALL pay.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:25 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, mine went up $60 this term as well. It is all due to the vehicle. This is the first time it has gone up since I had the car. They said it will probably level out next term. What that means . . .I dont know.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:55 AM
Netko350Z

Thanks Redfoot...
Most insurance companies would $hit if they knew about all the mods that are done to the 350Z. Good thing they don't ask:"You you have a S/C or TT installed?" or "Do you run NOS?"

Listen everyone...Keep the shiny side up and maybe we can ALL get reduced rates!!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:28 AM
netman_one

Default Re: Insurance rate went up?

Originally posted by Netko350Z
I was wondering if anyone else had their rate got up on their 350Z like mine did. I way paying only $714/yr in PA through Erie Insurance. Granted, I have a Multi car discount, and my home policy as well on my policy. I also store my ZR for 3 mths. My new rate is $833/yr. I had no accidents, no tickets(he he yet!) and no claims on any of my cars. Anyone else in my situations have the same thing happen.
I am also with Erie, wife and I have a clean record, receive the multi-car discount, and also insure our home with them. We also have no accidents or tickets, and the only claims we have made were for windshield coverage for 3 of 4 cars.

When I bought my new SB AT Touring ZR on February 7th, the rate for 12 months coverage for the ZR (listed as pleasure <8500 year) is now $745 a year on my 05 ZR. My 04 SB AT Touring ZR rate was $599.00 a year. My agent told me they have changed the "symbol rating" on the Z, hence the increase (which infers the claims & cost factors associated data trend has risen since my 04 was added last March).

Am Not complaining as I figure my rate is quite low compared to what others are paying, but thought you might want to know that someone in your same situation is paying a very similiar insurance rate increase. One tip I might offer you is to list your wife as the primary driver (if you are married) which lowered my rate about $54 dollars a year on my 04 ZR.

FWIW: One thing to watch out for with Erie Insurance is if you are ever caught exceeding the speed limit by 20 MPH, they may cancel (probally will cancel) your insurance (noted in the addendum they sent, back when I added my 04 ZR), as Erie claims they normally do not insure high performance cars, and would not insure a Z for a new customer.

Enjoy your Z, paying insurance is like buying gas, gotta have it.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:06 AM
netman_one

Default Re: Re: Insurance rate went up?

Originally posted by netman_one
I am also with Erie, wife and I have a clean record, receive the multi-car discount, and also insure our home with them. We also have no accidents or tickets, and the only claims we have made were for windshield coverage for 3 of 4 cars.

When I bought my new SB AT Touring ZR on February 7th, the rate for 12 months coverage for the ZR (listed as pleasure <8500 year) is now $745 a year on my 05 ZR. My 04 SB AT Touring ZR rate was $599.00 a year. My agent told me they have changed the "symbol rating" on the Z, hence the increase (which infers the claims & cost factors associated data trend has risen since my 04 was added last March).

Am Not complaining as I figure my rate is quite low compared to what others are paying, but thought you might want to know that someone in your same situation is paying a very similiar insurance rate increase. One tip I might offer you is to list your wife as the primary driver (if you are married) which lowered my rate about $54 dollars a year on my 04 ZR.

FWIW: One thing to watch out for with Erie Insurance is if you are ever caught exceeding the speed limit by 20 MPH, they may cancel (probally will cancel) your insurance (noted in the addendum they sent, back when I added my 04 ZR), as Erie claims they normally do not insure high performance cars, and would not insure a Z for a new customer.

Just received my revised invoice in the mail (after the above post was made today), and the new 05 ZR is only $698.00 a year (not $745 as posted). The lesser cost is that difference I mentioned of listing the wife as primary driver...
Old 03-02-2005, 10:24 AM
desiZ

mine went up from 890$/6 months to 935$/6 months (Farmers).So I called them up, and they said it was because farmers is charging more for high performance cars... whatever...
so i started shopping around and switched to AmericanExpress Insurance for 601$/6 months with DOUBLE the coverages!!! unbelievable... saved me some moolah! went towards my new spoiler!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Sully

ahaha, I laugh when i see those yr rates.. here in Taxachusetts (Boston,MA) im paying $2200/9months..

thats with 1 minor speeding ticket, and still on step 11. Horriable.. Im am jealous of the rates above. We arent allowed to use services like Allstate, Geiko, Progressive, because too many white heads are making $$ in the State seats..

B@stards..

Sully
Old 03-02-2005, 03:38 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

damn Sully, that's a lot.. SDIP 9 here.. I pay $1264 for 12 months of coverage on my Z.. In MA too but not registered in Boston..

--mike
Old 03-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Sully

Im reg'd in Medford ~ and still that rate. Robery i tell ya.

Sully
Old 03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
NorCal350

I pay 1350 for 6 months, then agian im only 20, but that is me telling a minor fib that my car is only supposed to get 5000 on it in a year (so i doubt that rate will last for long)
Old 03-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Zenvy

Listen everyone...Keep the shiny side up and maybe we can ALL get reduced rates!!
word!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Kray Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went down but not as far as some of you.

I got a ticket a couple of years ago. Im 25 and i drove a supercharged nissan frontier. I bought the Z and went down cause of parts if you can imagine that. so it was like 1200 now its around 965 in montana im sure i could do better but im on the family plan with Farm Bureau insurance.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Netko350Z

Default Re: Re: Insurance rate went up?

Originally posted by netman_one

I took my insurance to one of the local agents and they found an "error" in my policy. I have my ZR listed as a "pleasure use" and they had the miles as 8,501 or more. By switching it to 8,500 or less I managed to save apx.$130/yr. There is no way I am going to put over 8,500 a year on my ZR when I plan on only driving in nice weather.

Once again THE MAN tries to screw with the people!!
Old 03-03-2005, 05:01 AM
netman_one

Default Re: Re: Re: Insurance rate went up?

I took my insurance to one of the local agents and they found an "error" in my policy. I have my ZR listed as a "pleasure use" and they had the miles as 8,501 or more. By switching it to 8,500 or less I managed to save apx.$130/yr. There is no way I am going to put over 8,500 a year on my ZR when I plan on only driving in nice weather.

Once again THE MAN tries to screw with the people!!
Deducting that from your prior payment (1st post) would put your Z rate at approximately $703 a year. And since my ZR rate with Erie is currently $698 a year, I would say you are now rated in tune! - Congrats!