Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Moved to Europe with 350z - Autobahn is awesome.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Neo105

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The roadster was just released 1.5 weeks ago i believe, i saw one in person for the first time last friday
Old 03-22-2005, 01:27 AM
sselway

Originally Posted by Neo105
The roadster was just released 1.5 weeks ago i believe, i saw one in person for the first time last friday
I believe the price for a non-roadster (fully loaded) is about 35K Euro. I could imagine that the roadster would be a good 7 to 10k more. With today's exchange rates (1 US Dollar = 0.75942 Euro) that would be close to $55 to 60,000 dollars for a roadster!!
Old 03-22-2005, 04:01 AM
Andreas M.

Originally Posted by hypeiv
if you come up on a car don't they have to get out of your way?...
Well there isn't any law for it, . . .
Well that explains alot, that the dutch don't know this law! . . . (just kidding)

Actually you always have to drive on the right lane, if you're not passing anyone.

But well, that's the theory. A german driver (especially, if he drives a Mercedes or VW) usually thinks "My speed is perfectly right. It's not necessary to drive faster."

(But all this can't bother me, because I prefer small twisty country roads with less traffic. )
Old 03-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Lerxst

Originally Posted by Acree
all good intended, people who get the same feelings u do, and do the same stuff u "exaggerated" doing is why i am GLAD we dont have an autbahn here in america. i'm sorry, but americans dont know how to f*cking drive.
+1 including Canadians... It was such a pleasure to drive in the UK and Europe... the drivers were highly aware and courteous.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Neo105

Well if there is a law for it, then half the country should be pulled over by the cops... so i assumed there was no law for it, and it was just common decency to go to the right lane when somebody wants to pass you
Old 03-22-2005, 12:18 PM
seanrulz

Originally Posted by NorCal350
yes, and that dick in the fast lane going really slow sucks, especially in my lovely 2 lane freeway!!!!!! i shouldnt take me 30 minutes to go 10 miles! It just shouldnt!
I took long distance drive trip with my Z many times, (more than 500miles one-way.) and about 70% of time when I approach slower cars in fast lane, they recognize me and move to right. But other 30% don't, and what I normally do is I tailgate right on their butt, maybe about 15-20 inches or so and blink brights repeatedly. And I wait for 30 seconds, and if they still don't get out of my way, I simply drop to 3rd and fly past them on right.

I only do this when there are no cars in slow lane so that there is no reason for slower cars to drive in fast lane.

I yield my way on fast lane to other "faster" drivers even though I'm cruising at 100mph on fast lane. No matter how fast you are driving, if someone gains on you on rear view mirror, get out of their way, get in to the right lane, let them pass, then come back and then follow them!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Neo105

Originally Posted by seanrulz
I yield my way on fast lane to other "faster" drivers even though I'm cruising at 100mph on fast lane. No matter how fast you are driving, if someone gains on you on rear view mirror, get out of their way, get in to the right lane, let them pass, then come back and then follow them!
+1
Old 03-22-2005, 02:49 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

drivers in europe - might be wrong, but I think they have to take a very in depth test and classes and a lot of behind the wheel time, and just a lot of work before they're given the "privilege" of owning a driver's license

not only that, but they have STRICT drinking and driving laws

driving is taken very serious there and looked at as a privilege of respected skill and knowledge. A lot of people in the US wouldn't stand a chance at being allowed to drive there
Old 03-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sentry65
drivers in europe - might be wrong, but I think they have to take a very in depth test and classes and a lot of behind the wheel time, and just a lot of work before they're given the "privilege" of owning a driver's license

not only that, but they have STRICT drinking and driving laws

driving is taken very serious there and looked at as a privilege of respected skill and knowledge. A lot of people in the US wouldn't stand a chance at being allowed to drive there

exactly! since i've had my license i've only had one wreck. i rearend a lady who got cut off, 3 weeks after i got my license. since then, nothing. i'm not saying i'm the best driver but i do think i have more common sense and skill than alot of drivers. i've been driving my dad's and pappy's trucks on the back roads here in texas since i was a lil kid. this car is capable of alot of things and some things not so much. i'm more worried about being rearended than hitting someone else. i have respect for european driver's in general.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:19 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, then again everyone has that problem of thinking they're good drivers.

I'm way more scared of other drivers doing something unexpected and crashing into them than me screwing up and wrecking. I'll only speed if there's either light/no traffic or at least 1 lane between me and another car if it's a 3 lane or more road/highway.

Also, ever notice how well truckers drive? On long road trips you notice how they almost always stay in the right lane on a 2 lane highway to let people pass them. They only get in the left lane if they're passing someone. In general anyway. I had a lot more confidence they weren't going to dart out and change lanes really quick.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Neo105

First off all, the tests over here are a real pain in the ***, you almost have to have a perfect score, and if the teacher has to "act" (Like when you are making a mistake, like braking a second too late) then you will fail... so it is pretty hard

And about those truckers, i used to drive a truck, and the reason that we stay on the right lane is because we dont have a reason to be on the left one, unless you have to pass another truck, because over here all the trucks are set to 89 km/h which is like 55 mph, but it's tuned different in every truck, so truck #1 is driving @ 88km/h and truck #2 is driving 89kmh, and i cant tell you how frustrating it is to look at the back of another truck for 400 miles, so then you pass, and because the speed diffrence is so little it takes a while to pass, and this tends to make other road-user a little... angry... but these people dont have a clue, so i really didnt care, but be patient if you see this happening, for us car users it's 10 seconds of slowing down, and for the truck it's a relief

Pfew... Thank god i got my new job...
Old 03-23-2005, 04:09 AM
sselway

NEO105: Do you mind me asking what your total price in Euro was?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:17 AM
Neo105

Uhm well it's coming in next week, but the price incl. taxes was 52.500 Euro, and thats without preparing the car and such...

I hate europe
Old 03-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Neo105

Well that definitly put a damper on things LOL
Old 03-23-2005, 02:54 PM
hypeiv

Well if there is a law for it, then half the country should be pulled over by the cops... so i assumed there was no law for it, and it was just common decency to go to the right lane when somebody wants to pass you
see thats some BS... in my mind the autobahn was a perfect highway and people always got out of your way b/c they had to... At least they most likely wouldn't think you were being rude if your flashed your high beems at them like they do in the US...
Old 03-23-2005, 02:59 PM
hypeiv

Uhm well it's coming in next week, but the price incl. taxes was 52.500 Euro, and thats without preparing the car and such...

I hate europe
holy moly

with the dollar so devalued right now I paid less than 20k euro's for my used coupe.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:12 PM
live steam

I drove a Lancia Zagato on the Autostrada in Italy (Italy's Autobhan) from Florence to Rome. I averaged 185kph (115mph) for the trip. That was quite fun!
Old 03-23-2005, 04:16 PM
live steam

Oh I forgot to mention, there was this guy in a 911 behind me at about 200kph flashing his lights to pass. He was about three inches from my bumper. I could see the whites of his eyes, he was that close.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you have plans to go to the Nurburgring Nordscheleife ! :-)

I've been there last year... It's Driver's Heaven....
Old 03-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Neo105

Originally Posted by hypeiv
see thats some BS... in my mind the autobahn was a perfect highway and people always got out of your way b/c they had to... At least they most likely wouldn't think you were being rude if your flashed your high beems at them like they do in the US...
I'm Talking about Holland...

Quick Reply: Moved to Europe with 350z - Autobahn is awesome.