Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is This A Steal Or What?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
ryce4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is This A Steal Or What?!

Hey guys, i found a guy who's selling his 03 silver touring w/18K miles for $21,500. Has eveything touring supose to have except nav.The carfax on the car is clean.Only problem is i have to get the car ship becuase he live ohhh about 24 hours away driving. I wouldn't be able to take a look at the car before buying it or anything.
Then there's this other black 03 track 350z with 16K miles for $24,000 (price still negioatable).Guy lives 2 hours away. The guy said he had replace the hood and the front bumper becuase he was driving too fast and ran off road when he came to a curve. He said there was no damage done to the engine but if the hood had to be replace,wouldn't you think something had to happen tothe engine?

Which one should i go with......? decision. decision...
Old 03-23-2005, 03:05 PM
ANXIOUZ

I'd stay away from the one that had the bumper and hood replaced. You just never know how bad the damage really was. However, both are designed to crumple so it really could have been minor. But you'll never know...and that would bother me.

With an 03 you really need to take a test drive before buying. The transmission and potential tire feathering needs to be experienced first hand.

There are plenty of Z's out there....more will show up if you keep looking.

Would the silver's owner be willing to pick you up at the airport? You can always drive the car back home.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:57 PM
-Ben-

Originally Posted by maximZ
I'd stay away from the one that had the bumper and hood replaced. You just never know how bad the damage really was. However, both are designed to crumple so it really could have been minor. But you'll never know...and that would bother me.

With an 03 you really need to take a test drive before buying. The transmission and potential tire feathering needs to be experienced first hand.

There are plenty of Z's out there....more will show up if you keep looking.

Would the silver's owner be willing to pick you up at the airport? You can always drive the car back home.
Whats wrong with the transmissions?

Ben
Old 03-23-2005, 06:08 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Since the guy with the black Z lives only a couple hours away, drive out there and check it out thoroughly. Maybe take a mechanic or someone who knows a lot about cars with you, if that would help. I wouldn't buy the one that's 24 hours away. I don't know about you, but I couldn't spend $21,500 on something I've never seen in person before. If you do decide to buy it, make sure you have hella pictures and have checked every possible thing about the car.
Good luck findin the right Z for you man!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Tranny problems?!?!?!?!

Neva heard of any LOL!!!

I hope I didn't just jinx myself!!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:23 PM
ryce4u

MAximZ, What kind of thing should i look for when test driving a 03 Z? How can u fix the tire feathering problem? ALso what's wrong with the transmission?